Guardsman killed Iraqi after sex

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
Guardsman killed Iraqi after sex
A North Carolina National Guard member thought to be the first U.S. soldier convicted of murdering an Iraqi said he "snapped" and shot the 17-year-old boy after they had consensual sex, according to court-martial records released this week.
Pvt. Federico Daniel Merida, 21, of Biscoe, a tiny town south of Asheboro, pleaded guilty during a court-martial in Iraq to shooting the Iraqi national guard private, whose name the Army withheld.

Sick fucker!

How the guy only gets a 25 year sentence for murder is beyond my comprehension....not really, but his sentence should have been a lot harsher in my opinion.

CSM said:
How the guy only gets a 25 year sentence for murder is beyond my comprehension....not really, but his sentence should have been a lot harsher in my opinion.

well, I am sure that while he is in the pen, once it is learned what he did, he will become somebody's "bitch".

-=d=- said:
I'd bet a lot less of that takes place in Military Prisons...

but they aren't just "military" prisons. Federal pens include anybody convicted of FEDERAL crimes.

freeandfun1 said:
but they aren't just "military" prisons. Federal pens include anybody convicted of FEDERAL crimes.

This guy won't be discharged until after his confinement; Military personnel are held in military prisons, afaik.

This sure makes a strong case for why homo's should NOT be allowed to serve in the Military.. .;)

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
NATO AIR said:
i love how some are trying to turn this into an example of why gays shouldn't be in the military... that's sick in itself

I'm sorry it disturbs you, but there are facts. If the kid had not engaged in homosexual acts, he'd not have felt the need to kill the Iraqi.

It's an example of a kid losing self-control on two counts. The First led to deviant behaviour, the 2nd led to murder.

-=d=- said:
I'm sorry it disturbs you, but there are facts. If the kid had not engaged in homosexual acts, he'd not have felt the need to kill the Iraqi.

It's an example of a kid losing self-control on two counts. The First led to deviant behaviour, the 2nd led to murder.

what if the guy had had consensual sex with an iraqi girl who was underage as this boy was (17) and then killed her?

• Thanks
Reactions: Gem
NATO AIR said:
what if the guy had had consensual sex with an iraqi girl who was underage as this boy was (17) and then killed her?

once he became a soldier, he wasn't underage. so don't try to twist that around.

why would he kill the girl if it were consensual? from what I read in the article, he did it because he was disgusted by what he did and he was trying to get rid of the "evidence".

NATO AIR said:

What if he shot his commanding general instead?

Again - motivations...first his motivation was sexual release. then his motivation was as described above - fear, and shame. Consensual sex with a 17 year old girl would not have been a chargable offense under the UCMJ.

freeandfun1 said:
once he became a soldier, he wasn't underage. so don't try to twist that around.

why would he kill the girl if it were consensual? from what I read in the article, he did it because he was disgusted by what he did and he was trying to get rid of the "evidence".

a foreign national? last i heard the iraqi army didn't have a UCMJ like ours

each nation has its laws, the SOFA, i'm sure the Iraqis have one with the US, or i would hope... 17 to me would be underage, highly against the law... that's rape

i'm thinking it would be at least 18 in a muslim nation, but that's just me i could be wrong

nevertheless, him being gay has nothing to do with "gays shouldn't be in the military"

too many servicemembers in general have done far worse sexual crimes than this that had nothing to do with them being gay or not

NATO AIR said:

each nation has its laws, the SOFA, i'm sure the Iraqis have one with the US, or i would hope... 17 to me would be underage, highly against the law... that's rape

i'm thinking it would be at least 18 in a muslim nation, but that's just me i could be wrong

nevertheless, him being gay has nothing to do with "gays shouldn't be in the military"

too many servicemembers in general have done far worse sexual crimes than this that had nothing to do with them being gay or not

The Iraqi was a National Guardsman. Again, GuardsMAN not GuardsBOY.

Do you realize the age of consent in many US states is 16? So you are grasping.

Look, I don't think gays should be in the military either. At least, not in front-line units. But that is another thread.

The guy was, obviously, not gay and that is, most likely, why he did what he did (murdering the Iraqi after the sex).

NATO AIR said:

Lots of speculation, and blatant disregard for life. What you are suggesting is tantamount to "Well, Soldiers are going to commit crimes anyway - why NOT allow for yet another motivation to cover a crime?"

This case is about ONE guy who decided it's better to add the sin of Murder to his sin of Homosexual conduct, than to repent/risk being 'outed'.

In this case, the soldier's lack of self-control is the issue. Homosexuals, by nature lack the ability to control that aspect of their behaviour - much like an Alcoholic doesn't control their drinking. Placing them in situations where they'll be called to resist their urges, to deny 'self', isn't wise.

Forum List

Back