Guardsman faces hearing today

5stringJeff

Sep 15, 2003
Puyallup, WA
This trial is going on literally right below me, on the second floor of our 3-story building. Security is tight. If the charges are true, the kid should face a long vacation in beautiful Leavenworth!

-------------------------
Ray Rivera, Seattle Times staff reporter

A National Guardsman accused of trying to share information on U.S. troops and weapons with al-Qaida is to go before the military's equivalent of a grand jury today at Fort Lewis.

Spc. Ryan G. Anderson, a 26-year-old from Lynnwood, was arrested Feb. 12, just weeks before he was to deploy to Iraq (news - web sites) with the Washington National Guard's 81st Armored Brigade.

He is accused of passing on to undercover agents sketches of M1A1 and M1A2 tanks and a computer disk with his passport photo, military identification card and military weapons card.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2001926388_anderson12m.html

Originally posted by gop_jeff
This trial is going on literally right below me, on the second floor of our 3-story building. Security is tight. If the charges are true, the kid should face a long vacation in beautiful Leavenworth!

-------------------------
Ray Rivera, Seattle Times staff reporter

A National Guardsman accused of trying to share information on U.S. troops and weapons with al-Qaida is to go before the military's equivalent of a grand jury today at Fort Lewis.

Spc. Ryan G. Anderson, a 26-year-old from Lynnwood, was arrested Feb. 12, just weeks before he was to deploy to Iraq (news - web sites) with the Washington National Guard's 81st Armored Brigade.

He is accused of passing on to undercover agents sketches of M1A1 and M1A2 tanks and a computer disk with his passport photo, military identification card and military weapons card.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2001926388_anderson12m.html

Life in prison?
That seems to short.

This is more than just criminal. This sounds very close to treason, sedition, aiding and abetting the enemy. Hopefully the military justice system will maintain a spine and execute this traitor.

(I can't believe I said this. :confused: )

I am an advocate of the death penalty; however, form what I've read, this schmuck wasn't trying to pass along information that wouldn't be otherwise obtainable. No secrets were being passed along, etc.

Not knowing all the facts of the case, I'd be willing to call it 10-20 years turning big rocks into little rocks.

Forum List

Back