CDZ Guantánamo

Eloy

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2016
European Union
Given that President Trump has promised to keep open Guantánamo concentration camp and increase the number of unconvicted or uncharged inmates, how many prisoners will be added to the current 55 by this time next year?

In the interests of keeping his word, I am supposing the total will be 110 and that they will once again be subjected to the waterboard torture.

Guantnamo_zpsikpxtyzu.jpg

Guantánamo

Given that President Trump has promised to keep open Guantánamo concentration camp and increase the number of unconvicted or uncharged inmates, how many prisoners will be added to the current 55 by this time next year?

In the interests of keeping his word, I am supposing the total will be 110 and that they will once again be subjected to the waterboard torture.

Guantánamo
Are you on the prisoner's side?

Obama said he'd shut it down when he ran in 2008. It's 2017.

Those morning security briefings have a way of changing your outlook.

Must be racism.

Didn't our lease run out on December 31 1999 at midnight. Maybe now that Fidel Castro is dead, I'll be able to sit on the beach, sip margaritas, and smoke a big fat Cuban cigar.

There are folks we catch that are too dangerous to simply release again. Is your argument that we should simply kill them?

There are folks we catch that are too dangerous to simply release again. Is your argument that we should simply kill them?
Prove it in court.

They were captured on the battlefield engaging in unlawful acts of war....per the Geneva convention...and they can be held till the hostilities are over.....

Waterboarding is not torture.

Guantánamo
I don't know if that is true or not but Wikipedia says there are 41 prisoners in there not 55 :eusa_think:

Guantánamo
I don't know if that is true or not but Wikipedia says there are 41 prisoners in there not 55 :eusa_think:
Some were transferred to the United States very recently so Wikipedia's number of 41 could be right. I will revise my number for this time next year to 88.

What is the point of pulling an arbitrary number out of nowhere and saying that may be the prisoner count?

Here is what the prisoner count in GITMO is going to be - whatever it needs to be. Period.

As far as waterboarding, it is not coming back. Sessions was pretty clear on what his departments stance was going to be on the subject as well.

What is the point of pulling an arbitrary number out of nowhere and saying that may be the prisoner count?

Here is what the prisoner count in GITMO is going to be - whatever it needs to be. Period.

As far as waterboarding, it is not coming back. Sessions was pretty clear on what his departments stance was going to be on the subject as well.

The Justice Department didn't do it the first time....the CIA did.....

The Justice Department didn't do it the first time....the CIA did.....
The justice department was involved. They are the ones that give the legal reasoning and rules for what is and is not allowed. They are connected.

Forum List

Back