"Guantanamo is a recruiting tool for terrorism"

GITMO creates more terrorism? Funny--but GITMO didn't exist prior to 9/11 or any of the other 4 attacks prior to 9/11.

READ MY POST ON SUPERMAX-IN COLORADO-I HAVE BEEN THERE & SEEN IT. After reading--then explain to me what torture really means!

What the hell? Someone sent me a message about trolling? I never said a single word about releasing any of these prisoners. This diver person made a troll post suggesting that I wanted prisoners released when I stated that they should be PROSECUTED.

My opinion is that we should charge and prosecute. End of story.
because, you fucking asshole, you CANT try then in civilian courts
how can anyone be so fucking stupid

My position is, what does it matter? They have myriad recruiting tools anyway. So we should display weakness by appeasing them?

Closing gitmo is not weakness. It is evidence of our moral strength.
"Moral strength" as evidenced by our various violations of the Koran? Aren't those "recruitment tools" as well? This is proposed as an appeasement. Nothing more.

No one is takling about apeasement, that's just another fucking diversion.
The ones doing the appeasing never DO talk about it, they just DO it! Look up Chamberlain/Hitler.
If a country were to capture a bunch of our troops and torture them and we knew, you don't believe that would be a recruiting tool four our military forces. Pull you head out of your ass for this one.
Gotta love the weak strawman arguments.
Keep them give Al Quaeda a strong recruiting tool.
Our very existence is the recruiting tool. Did you not read all of post #1 here?

My position is, what does it matter? They have myriad recruiting tools anyway. So we should display weakness by appeasing them?

Closing gitmo is not weakness. It is evidence of our moral strength.
"Moral strength" as evidenced by our various violations of the Koran? Aren't those "recruitment tools" as well? This is proposed as an appeasement. Nothing more.
lets not forget the folks work in Hollywood
thats a recruitment tools as well
hell Bin Laden even made Bill Clintons infidelity a recruitment tool
we better not make them unhapopy or they will use it as a "recruitment tool"

What was the recruiting tool they used before Gitmo?
As Bin Laden himself said, Hollywood, homosexuality, Clinton's infidelity... He had a long laundry list.

The ONLY reason there is Islamo-terrorism is because of the creation of the Jewish State after WW2. The creation of and the West's support of it. THAT is the "recruiting tool."

Now they have no rights, no trial, are tortured
No one was tortured. THREE were waterboarded. THREE. I for one do not consider waterboarding "torture" and if you use Obama's definition of "torture" then, the AF1 flyover of Manhattan was "torture!"

What the hell? Someone sent me a message about trolling? I never said a single word about releasing any of these prisoners. This diver person made a troll post suggesting that I wanted prisoners released when I stated that they should be PROSECUTED.

You are ignorant of what is going on. We are proceeding to give a trial, in a civilian court to a detainee RIGHT NOW. We can do what we want. Dumbass.

Attorney General Eric Holder announced early Thursday that Ahmed Ghailani will be sent to New York City for trial, which would make him the first Guantanamo detainee brought to the U.S. and the first to face trial in a civilian criminal court.

Tell me again what we can't do?

You are ignorant of what is going on. We are proceeding to give a trial, in a civilian court to a detainee RIGHT NOW. We can do what we want. Dumbass.

Attorney General Eric Holder announced early Thursday that Ahmed Ghailani will be sent to New York City for trial, which would make him the first Guantanamo detainee brought to the U.S. and the first to face trial in a civilian criminal court.

Ghailani was originally arrested HERE, Mirandized and indicted in 1998 I believe, and skipped bail, later to be picked up on the battlefield. It took us 2 years to find out who he really was, and that's the other problem -- these detainees do not cooperate! The ones who have, are LET GO.

So, how you gonna try someone if you don't even know who they are?

Last edited:

lol
ok, and when his case is thrown out, what will you say then, moron?

Ghailani was originally arrested HERE, Mirandized and indicted in 1998 I believe, and skipped bail, later to be picked up on the battlefield. It took us 2 years to find out who he really was, and that's the other problem -- these detainees do not cooperate! The ones who have, are LET GO.

So let's just lock you up indefinitely. I have a funny feeling about you and until you admit who you are under torture, we'll just hold you.

And this guy was never arrested in New York. You have anything to prove that or did you pull it from thin air? I think you are lying.

lol

I'll say that you are a clueless fuck who lied by saying we couldn't give him a civilian trial. Right? You said we CAN'T give them a civilian trial. Isn't that what you said? And isn't that what is happening? Can you see that what you said is incorrect, not true, wrong, a lie, ignorant, misinformed, stupid.......

So let's just lock you up indefinitely. I have a funny feeling about you and until you admit who you are under torture, we'll just hold you.
Ahh, you would allow that for a US citizen. How interesting! These guys aren't US citizens.
And this guy was never arrested in New York.
I never said he was.
You have anything to prove that or did you pull it from thin air? I think you are lying.
Lying about his arrest? Or his 1998 indictment?

And this guy was never arrested in New York. You have anything to prove that or did you pull it from thin air? I think you are lying.

Ah, but they are going to 'lock some up indefinitely':

President Obama Talks Detainees, Supports Indefinite Detention for Some Detainees - Political Punch

...Detainees, he said, fall into five distinct categories. Those include those guilty of US criminal law who could be tried in US federal courts, those "who violate the laws of war and are, therefore, best tried through military commissions," 21 detainees ordered released by the courts, 50 detainees that his administration has judged suitable for transfer to other countries for "detention and rehabilitation."

Lastly, describing the "toughest single issue that we will face," the president described those who face indefinite detention, "people who cannot be prosecuted for past crimes, in some cases, because evidence may be tainted, but who, nonetheless, pose a threat to the security of the United States."

These might be individuals who have "received extensive explosives training at Al Qaeda training camps or commanded Taliban troops in battle or expressed their allegiance to Osama bin Laden or otherwise made it clear that they want to kill Americans."...

I'll say that you are a clueless fuck who lied by saying we couldn't give him a civilian trial. Right? You said we CAN'T give them a civilian trial. Isn't that what you said? And isn't that what is happening? Can you see that what you said is incorrect, not true, wrong, a lie, ignorant, misinformed, stupid.......
You can't give them a civilian trial without an indictment and to get the indictment you first have to know who they are.

They were captured offshore and as such don't fall into any jurisdiction of any US District court.

Here Willie, let the lawyer Obama himself straighten this out for you:

Detainees, he said, fall into five distinct categories. Those include those guilty of US criminal law who could be tried in US federal courts, those "who violate the laws of war and are, therefore, best tried through military commissions," 21 detainees ordered released by the courts, 50 detainees that his administration has judged suitable for transfer to other countries for "detention and rehabilitation."

That's from Annie's post above by the way.

It's interesting, he's saying they are "guilty" already. Not "accused" and such...

Last edited:

lol

hes not being tried for what he was in gitmo for, moron

Willie, are you aware that over 400 of these detainees have been released, starting in 2003? The ones who cooperated by at least, correctly identifying themselves?

There's 240 or so hard cases left, who refuse to cooperate or, as Obama says, should never be released. So, you would rather hold them in our federal prison without trial, rather than holding them in Cuba?

Doesn't that belie the "recruitment tool" crap completely?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back