Guantanamo Inmates Could Be Moved To US Jails

Basically..yeah.

It's really time to either charge these folks with something or let them go.

Thats the problem though, some of the countries these inmates come from don't want them back.

They should move them to Bush's ranch.

I don't think the Bushs would appreciate that. The Chinese Muslims we had, China refused to take them back, we had to find a third party country to take them, they ended up in Qatar I think.

Treat a criminal like a criminal. Put him on trial, produce the evidence of his crimes, and if found guilty, sentence him.

What's the big deal?

The big deal is that the GOP doesn't want them to have their day in open court because their lawyers will want to talk about torture....excuse me....I mean "enhanced interrogation."

And THAT could spell serious international legal problems for George Bush, Alberto Gonzales, Donald Rumsfeld, John Yoo and Jay Bybee, among others.

Oh is that the latest talking point in defense of Obama's failed promise so long ago... Bush's fault right? :lol:

you know congress refused to allocate money to move inmates from gitmo, right?

should we blame that on the president, too?

Great...let's just put a great big bullseye on American prisons and the towns they are near.

is that what happened when they jailed the blind sheikh?

Think about it though, an Islamist Prison Break in the US would be HUGE for Islamic terrorists world wide, they would get their dicks hard off that for years and years.

not one of these people would have been a greater risk than the sheikh.

and, i seem to recall there was a prison in, i think, indiana... that was BEGGING for them to come there... they desperately wanted the jobs and federal dollars.

there's no reason for this country to be using another country to hide prisoners.

Think about it though, an Islamist Prison Break in the US would be HUGE for Islamic terrorists world wide, they would get their dicks hard off that for years and years.

not one of these people would have been a greater risk than the sheikh.

and, i seem to recall there was a prison in, i think, indiana... that was BEGGING for them to come there... they desperately wanted the jobs and federal dollars.

there's no reason for this country to be using another country to hide prisoners.

People just don't want those clowns on US soil.

Let's say this is true and they do move all the prisoners, how will holding them in America effect Obama's policy of indefinite detention? What will it mean to KSM?

Guantanamo Inmates Could Be Moved To US Jails

The Guantanamo Bay detention centre could be closed and the 166 inmates could be sent to prisons in the US, according to a new government report.

"This report demonstrates that if the political will exists, we could finally close Guantanamo without imperilling our national security," said Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein, the Senate Intelligence Committee chairwoman who released the recommendations.

The Government Accountability Office study shows that US prisons already hold 373 prisoners convicted of terrorism in 98 facilities across the country.

"As far as I know, there hasn't been a single security problem reported in any of these cases," Senator Feinstein said.

"This fact outweighs not only the high cost of maintaining Guantanamo - which costs more than $114m a year - but also provides the same degree of security without the criticism of operating a military prison in an isolated location."

The repubs threw a hissy fit when Obama tried it before.

Great...let's just put a great big bullseye on American prisons and the towns they are near.

would they still have a hard on when they are gunned down in the streets by cops?

Forum List

Back