Guantanamo Bay..

Irishpol

Rookie
Aug 11, 2010
Forgive my ignorance if I'm wrong but should it not have been closed down by now? Is it still there because theres nowhere to put the prisoners or is there something the public doesnt know about which might explain why Obama hasnt closed it yet..

On the first day of his Presidency OL'BO made the mistake of saying he would close Gitmo. He even gave a timetable. Nice photo op.

Problem is that once he was the Prez he had no policy in place to move the detainees many of whom are so dangerous that they can never be released. He has no place better than Gitmo to put them. I think reality reached up and bit him in the ass. LOL

Gitmo shouldn't be closed at all. Its the perfect place for the detainees.

It took Barry Boy 18 months to figure that out. LOL

The problem is that Bush fucked up the cases against every Guantanamo prisoner. They have been denied representation, a right to face their accusors, right to a speedy trial, subjected to torture and now can't be fairly tried.
Nobody else will take them

Once again, Republicans have created a problem Democrats can't fix

The problem is that Bush fucked up the cases against every Guantanamo prisoner. They have been denied representation, a right to face their accusors, right to a speedy trial, subjected to torture and now can't be fairly tried.

Yeah... right.

Seems, according to you, the Dems can't fix anything. Not a very talented bunch huh?

LOL!!!!!!!!!

Forgive my ignorance if I'm wrong but should it not have been closed down by now? Is it still there because theres nowhere to put the prisoners or is there something the public doesnt know about which might explain why Obama hasnt closed it yet..

US citizens are against closing of Guantanamo.

(...)
By a March 2010 poll, 60 percent wanted it to stay open.
(...)
Closing Guantánamo Fades as a Priority - NYTimes.com
Moral fail by 60% of Americans, political fail by Obama.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

But your asswipe spent a billion dollars convincing idiots such as yourself he could.. now ain't that about right???

But your asswipe spent a billion dollars convincing idiots such as yourself he could.. now ain't that about right???

The WSJ had a great article today basically declaring Obama a dud, an empty suit.

The WSJ had a great article today basically declaring Obama a dud, an empty suit.

and rightwinger just backed that up big time. ain't we proud of him??

These people need to stay at Gitmo. It's the best place for them. They are not entitled to have any of the legal "perks" of US citizens. They should be tried by military tribunals as war criminals.

I'd be willing to wager that their lives at Gitmo are better than what they had back in wherever it is they came from.

Republican fuckups aren't your ordinary fuckups.

Take the Depression for instance ...took a good 10 years to clear up that Republican fuckup. We went a good 20 years before we elected another Republican

Now take the Bush fuckups...

- Got us into two wars with no idea of what an exit strategy is
- Started the worst recession in 70 years
- Engaged in torture and denial of human rights
- Opened Gitmo as a prison camp for persons he denied human status

Can't fix republican fuckups in a year and a half. I love it when Republicans sit on the sidelines an giggle that you can't fix the problems they created

Take the Depression for instance ...took a good 10 years to clear up that Republican fuckup. We went a good 20 years before we elected another Republican

Can't fix republican fuckups in a year and a half. I love it when Republicans sit on the sidelines an giggle that you can't fix the problems they created

So what you're saying is when Republicans are in power things rox (most the time) and when democrats are in power things suck (most the time).

Then you try and sell that logic off as Republicans fuck it up and Democrats have to fix it?

Believe me, I understand that in the last 30 years Republicans have been, well liberal... So yeah I get that things have gone to the shitters and depended on the fed building bubbles on top of bubbles to keep it going. Why don’t you tell us all again how Reagan was really a liberal Government lover, and Bush while you’re at it… then you can blame conservatives for what Neoconservative (religious liberals) have caused.

What is Obama doing that is so different than Bush? They are like the same fucking person and in the end conservatives HATED Bush, hence the fracture of the republican party.

Clinton was doing great, riding 2 massive bubbles...

Last edited:

So what you're saying is when Republicans are in power things rox (most the time) and when democrats are in power things suck (most the time).

Then you try and sell that logic off as Republicans fuck it up and Democrats have to fix it?

Believe me, I understand that in the last 30 years Republicans have been, well liberal... So yeah I get that things have gone to the shitters and depended on the fed building bubbles on top of bubbles to keep it going. Why don’t you tell us all again how Reagan was really a liberal Government lover, and Bush while you’re at it… then you can blame conservatives for what Neoconservative (religious liberals) have caused.

What is Obama doing that is so different than Bush? They are like the same fucking person and in the end conservatives HATED Bush, hence the fracture of the republican party.

What the fuck are you talking about? Todays Republicans Liberal?

What did you call Ike, Nixon, Rockefeller and Ford?

Obama is the same as Bush? Why did the entire Republican Congress fawn all over Bush and then vote down everthing Obama supports?

What the fuck are you talking about? Todays Republicans Liberal?

What did you call Ike, Nixon, Rockefeller and Ford?

Obama is the same as Bush? Why did the entire Republican Congress fawn all over Bush and then vote down everthing Obama supports?

As I have said many times now, by the time Bush was done most conservatives hated him. Remember after 911 even most liberals approved of Bush. Now elected Republicans in congress are looking to keep their jobs, so they pretend to be against Obama's policies that just so happen to be close or the same as Bush's were...

I ask this a lot, make me a short list if you can where Bush and Obama are different on IMPORATANT ISSUES. I don't care if Obama is against Guantanamo and for gay rights if in the end he doesn't close Guantanamo and does nothing for gay rights, just like Bush. I want a list of BIG things like the Wars, Immigration, Bailouts, Stimulus, SS, Medicaid, Medicare, Military, HC and following the constitution... Things that effect the economy and the deficit you know? Things that affect you if you’re white, black, yellow or purple… if you’re male or female, adult or child…

I couldn't give a shit if Obama "makes the US look better" to other countries by visiting (and really just getting elected) but then expands the wars, you know the wars that made the US and Bush look bad???

Go ahead, I dare you… AND REMEMBER, BUSH EXPANDED HC JUST LIKE OBAMA HAS!!!

Oh yeah, and taxes… Remember you hated Bush’s tax cuts to the rich and in general think tax cuts were just an evil talking point for evil republicans…. UNTILL OBAMA BRAGGED ABOUT GIVING THEM… Then you thought tax cuts (that were deficit building tax CREDITIS) were amazing and wonderful and HA HA in your face republicans! And now he has to raise taxes significantly to pay for the tax CREDITS he gave.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back