Guantanamo-a disgrace to the human race

I

IzeWideOpen

How can the US go to war for freedom when it runs a concentration camp filled up with young Muslims.
Not only are the detainees made to live in inhuman conditions but they must also be put in front of military tribunals.
When these trials take place the defence will be provided by the same people who are prosecuting them. Any 1 else see a conflict of interest. Also most of the prosectutors evidence will be classified to the defendent. So how can someone defend them selves against allegations which they do not know.
These trials are against every human right in the book and should be stopped imediatly.
Any 1 else feel the same?

Please tell me you are kidding, right?

Personally I think they are treated too good. We are not talking about criminals or uniformed soldiers here. These people were sorted through and determined to be enemy combatants. I certainly don't want to waste even a penny of my tax money defending them.

sory i should have more specific. Could you possibly do better than a one word answer

Oh i see how about we dont let any accsed person in the "Free World" have defence because hay if if your accused you must be guilty...................i dont think so

Not just a person, one who is on a battlefield, not in uniform, trying to kill our soldiers. I should provide a defense for them, I think not. Should they be allowed an independent defense they provide, fine, should we turn over intellegence, no. Not fair, too bad, tell this to the families of dead American soldiers and the people who lost loved ones thru acts of terrorism.

the problem with gitmo and the military tribunals is twofold.

One, it only takes one man to decide whether to hold someone indefinitely and with, or without, clear evidence to indicate so. On top of that, they are being held for interrogation to garner more intelligence but we already know that any intelligence that would be older than 6 months is usually worthless anyway.

Two, an unfortunate majority of our population is more than willing to put complete faith in the above process and ignore any possible injustice using the reasoning that if they are there, they must be guilty.

Originally posted by eric
Not just a person, one who is on a battlefield, not in uniform, trying to kill our soldiers. I should provide a defense for them, I think not. Should they be allowed an independent defense they provide, fine, should we turn over intellegence, no. Not fair, too bad, tell this to the families of dead American soldiers and the people who lost loved ones thru acts of terrorism.

Ok then if a Russian army invaded your country for example would you take up arms against them. Would you act of defense to your country justify locking you up in a concentration camp. No it wouldn't so why do it to others.
And yes i would tell this to families on both sides because no matter what I. I believe in every human beings right.

So what would you suggest we do ?

If the prosecutor has sufficient evidence then they should lay out their case in front of an independent intonational court.

Sorry, I have seen these international courts you speak of, they are a joke. Please stop with the defending their homeland garbage, they are terrorists, not soldiers. You say concentration camps, have you ever seen one ?

Sorry, I have seen these international courts you speak of, they are a joke. Please stop with the defending their homeland garbage, they are terrorists, not soldiers. You say concentration camps, have you ever seen one ?
So let me get this right you are saying that people who defend their county against invadors are terrorists. And at least in intonational courts you are not prosumed guilty before it starts

Look at how many people were release right after the conflict in Afganistan, why would hold these people if they were just defending their land and let the rest go ?

Originally posted by IzeWideOpen
So let me get this right you are saying that people who defend their county against invadors are terrorists. And at least in intonational courts you are not prosumed guilty before it starts

What do you mean by "intonational"? Does it matter what tone the courts speak in?

Look at how many people were release right after the conflict in Afganistan, why would hold these people if they were just defending their land and let the rest go ?

Well come on think how stupid Bush an co would look if that happend, the couldn't get Osama so they needed to show people that they had at least got some kind of result

Come on get real, we are going to go thru all the trouble, expense, and international pressure just to make the US citizens think we caught a few bad guys, give me a break !

Furthermore, We already got some valuable intel from some of them.

It does not impress me or anyone I know anyway, we were happy with just kicking the crap out of the Taliban.

This is just too funny! you sit and call it a concentration camp! like eric asked, have you actually been there to see the so-called camps???

Let's get back to years ago when the US fought off the Japs and all, the wars that brought the capture of US Soldiers and put into camps, camps were they were put in disgusting holes held by bamboo, not fed, bugs on them, water coming in on them??? This was ok though right? How many of these soldiers were listed as MIA, or still being held captive???? quite alot.

These Muslims that you claim to be treated so poorly for only defending their land, are being fed!!!!! that's more than what i would have given them. Defense you claim, yet to them, setting out to kill what they say "woman and children" this is what they claimed, and it didn't matter that children would be killed, just kill them.

Your claims to me are a waste of time!!!! What kind of defense will they present? BS!!! they don't have any.

Let's get back to years ago when the US fought off the Japs and all, the wars that brought the capture of US Soldiers and put into camps, camps were they were put in disgusting holes held by bamboo, not fed, bugs on them, water coming in on them??? This was ok though right? How many of these soldiers were listed as MIA, or still being held captive???? quite alot.

There isn't a nation on this planet, with the exception of the swiss, that hasn't committed some sort of atrocity when it comes to imprisoning people during a time of war.

lets see, three meals a day, medical care, allowed to pray, a muslim chaplain, alot better treatment then any of our guys get when the tables are turned. much to nice by half.

Forum List

Back