Guantanamo: '52 won't eat'

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Gee - what a shame - I HOPE THEY STARVE THEMSELVES TO DEATH! :D

Washington - Fifty-two prisoners at the US Guantanamo Bay terrorism suspects' camp in Cuba have launched a hunger strike, apparently in protest at their detention, military authorities said on Thursday.

Joint Task Force Guantanamo, which is in charge of the camp, said the 52 prisoners had so far refused at least nine consecutive meals.

"Indications are that this is a temporary effort by some detainees to protest their continued detention," said a Joint Task Force statement.

Prisoners who refused food were being treated with intravenous drips, and oral rehydration solutions including energy drinks, water and oral nutritional supplements, the statement said.

"All are monitored by medical professionals and have their vital signs checked daily. They continue to be offered food and water."

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_1741494,00.html

-Cp said:
Gee - what a shame - I HOPE THEY STARVE THEMSELVES TO DEATH! :D

Washington - Fifty-two prisoners at the US Guantanamo Bay terrorism suspects' camp in Cuba have launched a hunger strike, apparently in protest at their detention, military authorities said on Thursday.

Joint Task Force Guantanamo, which is in charge of the camp, said the 52 prisoners had so far refused at least nine consecutive meals.

"Indications are that this is a temporary effort by some detainees to protest their continued detention," said a Joint Task Force statement.

Prisoners who refused food were being treated with intravenous drips, and oral rehydration solutions including energy drinks, water and oral nutritional supplements, the statement said.

"All are monitored by medical professionals and have their vital signs checked daily. They continue to be offered food and water."

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_1741494,00.html

WTF? They're getting better medical treatment than most people do here in the states. Let the asshats starve.

GunnyL said:
WTF? They're getting better medical treatment than most people do here in the states. Let the asshats starve.
Oh hell no. If they starve, they are martyrs. Force feed the bastards bisquits and sausage gravy.

• Thanks
Reactions: -Cp
GunnyL said:
Not without bacon?
Sausage Gravy is more cost effective. If I gotta support these clowns I don't want my tax dollars wasted. Of course we gotta make the sausage onsite, and bury the martyrs with the carcases......

Hobbit said:
The more I hear about the Guantanamo detainees, the less afraid I am of terrorists. These guys seem like spoiled brats.

There's nothing to fear. They aren't trained combatants. They are trained to sneak in on and unsuspecting group of noncombatants and detonate themselves. Take away their bombs and they're just dipshits running around with their bath linen wrapped too tightly on their heads.

Hell, if they could fight, they'd probably try to.

GunnyL said:
There's nothing to fear. They aren't trained combatants. They are trained to sneak in on and unsuspecting group of noncombatants and detonate themselves. Take away their bombs and they're just dipshits running around with their bath linen wrapped too tightly on their heads.

Hell, if they could fight, they'd probably try to.

much like the VC...now the NVA another matter altogether...kinda smacks of Saudi Arabia...just a thought! :dunno:

Abbey Normal said:
How about an IV drip of enough electrolytes to keep them alive mixed with sodium pentothol... :cof:
Now that is an awesome idea. Just add bacon grease as well. Question em, get the info. Then tell em about the bacon grease and listen to what they really think...

pegwinn said:
Now that is an awesome idea. Just add bacon grease as well. Question em, get the info. Then tell em about the bacon grease and listen to what they really think...

I'm sure we could afford to keep a little potbellied porker in each cell just for good measure. :dev3:

Forum List

Back