GT - "The Anti-Christ"

Discussion in 'Music' started by G.T., Nov 14, 2010.

1. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,464
  2. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    Liked it, shared it....of course!

:clap2:

3. chesswarsnow

chesswarsnow "SASQUATCH IS WATCHING"

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +638
    Sorry bout that,

1. I didn't even almost like it.
    2. I also hate rap, might have had something to do with it.
    3. You know music in my opinion should have melody, rhythm, range of sounds, highs climaxing into some sort of higher level, then drops back down, lyrics intertwined that bring the whole record to some meaning.
    4. Not, some steady beat, with words being flung out like throwing darts, and they are usually hateful crap, no respectable person would want to listen to.
    5. Raps for people who are lost, mixed up and have nor anchor in thier realities.
    8. This is just my opinion, not meant to attack anyones core beliefs in music.
    9. Just opinion, now explan the better points of rap so too change my mind if you can.:eek:
    10. If raps so good, you can explain why I'm wrong, eh?
    11. Oh yeah, and rap sounds like the very same song done over and over with minor changes, lack of imagination if you asked me too, how boring and low brow.
    12. Your turn,...Go!!

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  4. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,100
    How the %$#%$ does anyone listen to this?
    Same worn out beat over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Must have taken a whole 20 minutes to write the "lyrics".
    Another 3-4 minutes to decide which dronish beat to "sing" along to.
    Pheh...music should be an exercise in profound talent, imagination and soul.
    Not some robotic mechanical rhythm with lyrics spilled out in the same rhythm over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

5. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,464
    :lol:

6. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,464
    :lol:

:razz:

7. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    G.T., are you on facebook yet? There's a new app for bands and musicians....

Login | Facebook

8. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    I narrowed your comments down to this one, not for any reason other than to quote you.

What you don't know is, the author really doesn't like rap or hip-hop either. But as a genre, it IS difficult to do and DOES take talent to pull off. I'm anxiously awaiting your musical contribution now, you might be the next coming of Hank Williams, to read your pablum!

So, step up out of the peanut gallery and let's see what YOU can do, how about? Otherwise, why knock others' efforts?

9. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    He does have, and he's on my friend's list. Like most other intelligent facebookers (rare though they are) He doesn't use any of the apps.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  10. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,464
    I'm on regular facebook, but not as a Band or Artist. When my album's done I'm still going to make one as an Artist though.

Thanks for explaining all of that Midnight!!~ Midnight knows about "Art" because he partakes in the practice, of Art.

I wrote this song for a few reasons. The alliteration and Imagery is fun to play with over "Darker" instrumentals, and so I thought it was appropriate to take the Narrative to a Dark place.

The second verse was to "Bring it back," to a place more grounded in "I'm not REALLY---evil," it explains in a sense that I'm not "truly" being evil, but just exploiting the shit out of the fact that organizations label things as "evil" in order to gain something from it, whether it be control or dividends. This song, well this verse, points out the absurdity of that.

I'm saying "Hi, I'm the anti-Christ" because of my belief that the invention of "the Anti-Christ," to begin with, is completely Ridiculous.

3 things I wanted the Listener to take away from this:
    1.) I'm trying to water down labels vis a vie watering down Language.
    2.) If you like the Genre of "Dark" Music, hopefully you enjoyed the imagery.
    3.) I'm not into Religious institutions.

I only responded in a giggle to Chess and whatiseem because their opinions of Rap (they don't like it)......lead the rest of their response in an *emotional* sense, a sort of immature way of handling a conversation.

Those sorts of opinions have no merit to me, or most other Artists except for the ones who fail to learn to dismiss "Haters," (and I hate using the word "Haters" because of what the hip-hop culture has made it into).

I'm not a big fan or Rap, itself, either. I like Rock and Roll simple as that. Heavy, emotional Music.

Rap is a hobby, and after learning for years and years and years how much goes into the craft, something those two posters *ARE*..........no matter WHAT, ignorant of....................my competative drive took over and I actually enjoyed hearing more and more progress. It's a self-achievement thing.

I also can appreciate Rap now, from a philosophical stance. If anyone wants to ask about it in a humane sort of way, sure. Do I have problems with glorifying street violence and that sort of demeaning women sort of thing? Sure, but I have an understanding of it and I'd be glad to share that understanding some day for anyone willing to have a conversation.

I appreciate y'all taking the time out to listen, as always.

Remember - before you post "shots" at me, that I put myself out there in the first place. Let that sink.