GT - "In My Mind"

That's very much appreciated, Madeline. I'm glad you took your time out to listen! :)

I never thought I'd thank The Count Dracula, lol. I was sort of pissed with how he used Frankenstein's monster to advance his agenda, but thanks man!~

Good beat choice. I always liked Shadowville's beats, have they gotten anywhere beyond soundclick yet?

You need to get yourself a female singer and put her on tracks like these. That would have been pretty dope to compliment the track. Maybe just like a little background piece to compliment the chorus. Does your wife sing?

Good bars, good flow. I like the way the chorus was mixed with the beat, it fit like a glove. I try not to critique anything on the mixing angle because no matter how good you might think you're doing on a rudimentary level, it's nothing like a pro's work. I'm just a rudimentary mixer myself, especially when post-producing with vocals. It's one thing to mix an instrumental, but vocals are super complex sometimes depending on the beat.

It's tough though, because the mix can make or break the whole track. It's tough to be neutral on it and still critique the track properly.

Anyway though, I digress. As usual, your lyrics were tight and you're putting the bars together nicely. In the beginning there you started off hitting some quarter notes with the flow. Or maybe they were eighth notes, I gotta go back and listen. Always the sign of a good rapper. Nice bridge there, too.

Yea, the mixing needs a professional but for what I do, it's whatever. I'm not ambitious about "going pro" so to speak. I'd take classes at one point in life when I have some real time to devote, but with working out all the time and having a wifey and a full-time job, it's rough.

Thanks for checkin it out Paulie!! Critique is much appreciated, as always.

edit to add: Shadowville has their own site now and has several producers signed. My wife doesn't sing, but my sister does. That's an avenue I might check out with this track before I cut it to a mixtape. Good ideas!~

Last edited:

Forum List

Back