Grumpy Old Man Strikes Out

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
I would bet that a lot of the people on this poll never really saw that much of McGrumpy before. I don't think the debates did him much good except among those who were already completely committed to him. Throw in the economy that happened on his party's watch and mayb we will get the better candidate as prez this time.

Some of the old farts are still hanging in there with him.:eusa_whistle:

WASHINGTON (AP) — When it comes to the public's image of John McCain, it's as if somebody dialed the electricity down in the past month. For Barack Obama, the juice is still flowing.

People's regard for the Republican presidential nominee has deteriorated across-the-board since September, an Associated Press-Yahoo! News poll showed Friday, with McCain losing ground in how favorably he's seen and in a long list of personal qualities voters seek in White House contenders.

Perceptions of Obama have improved or remained steady. Beyond views of the two rivals' character traits, McCain faces another problem — Obama is more trusted on the economy, the contest's commanding issue, including a 15-percentage-point edge for better grasping how the raging financial crisis is affecting people.

"He kind of scared me," Leesa Zick, 48, an undecided Republican from Edwardsville, Ill., said of McCain's abrupt and short-lived suspension of his campaign last month during Capitol Hill talks on a financial package. "We need a president who can deal with multiple tasks. It seemed like it overwhelmed him."

Political Pulse | The Associated Press-Yahoo! News Poll on Yahoo! News

Which is why the GOP js working so hard to knock voters off the roles so they can still win.

Forum List

Back