CDZ Growing trend?

I don't think it's a trend as much as the fact that young people don't feel pressure to conform to any particular way of life. They are much more independent thinkers
Funny I don't think they are independent thinkers at all since they live their lives via social media and put far too much stock in the opinions of people they will never actually meet
In the sense they don't feel they have to get married, have kids, even get a job. They view life as a blank canvas.
That seems to me to be lack of thinking
Maybe...but they don't just do what their parents did...

My experience with millennials shows them to be mainly vapid. I see them as undisciplined and naive to the point of mental retardation

• Being young and pretty "well set" and facing a relatively narrow spectrum of challenges is among the most enjoyable periods in a life. What good is there to hastening its end? Allowing that period to close organically is, I think, a good thing.......

WTF? What makes you think having children means the end of enjoyable life?

You quoted him but I don't see that stated in the quote.

In any event, not everyone wants kids or should have kids. Some believe it would be the "end of an enjoyable life" for them and that decision should be respected.

As to the OP - If we consider ONLY the given information in the OP, his mother is widowed. We don't know if she works or is well off or not but this reminds me of the screeching we heard over ObamaCares allowing a family to stay on the same insurance policy until each child reaches the age of 26.

Why not? Why would anyone be against families staying together? Ostensibly caring and taking care of each other?

There could be reasons we don't know about but I suspect that, most often, the deciding factor is money. A middle age woman alone? My bet is she's glad he's there.

Why would anyone be against families staying together? Ostensibly caring and taking care of each other?

That's not at all rare, but it is less common in the U.S. than it is in Asia, particularly India and the Middle East. That said, like the family members of the 1980s TV shows Dallas, Dynasty and Falcon Crest, multiple generations and families of my ancestors all lived concurrently in one house. It's a big house (not a 48 room castle like the Dynasty house, but big enough for two families), so they could; thus they did. Later, they built additional, smaller, residences on the property.

Today, my uncle and his son's family both live in the main house. My other two cousins and their families live in the two smaller houses on the property. I suspect had Dad's branch of the family not moved to D.C., I'd be living in one of those houses and my brother the other.

A lot of guys probably want to wait to get in a serious relationship until they have a bank account and a steady income, etc., which is also a very good move.
In my opinion, nice girls should be willing to be good helpmeets for free, even when the guy has not enough lucre.

It Only does not happen like that, on Nexus Six with Zardoz and the incorrigibles.

Truer and more faithful, "children of a god" would Only need ten simple commandments from their "heavenly father" to avoid the Expense of Government, and the Taxation it requires.

New Topics

Forum List

Back