Growing number of schools including this in their curriculum

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
Good content put out by the Southern Poverty Law Center and reinforces the core values of the United States.

Titled: “Changing Demographics, Changing Identity, Changing Attitudes”

A four-lesson series that focuses on how the nation’s identity has and will continue to change as we move toward a plurality nation, how the nation responds to that evolving identity, how changing demographics relate to issues of equality, and what we can do to promote equality for all people who live in the United States.

“Changing Demographics, Changing Identity, Changing Attitudes” | Teaching Tolerance - Diversity, Equity and Justice

Good content put out by the Southern Poverty Law Center and reinforces the core values of the United States.

A four-lesson series that focuses on how the nation’s identity has and will continue to change as we move toward a plurality nation, how the nation responds to that evolving identity, how changing demographics relate to issues of equality, and what we can do to promote equality for all people who live in the United States.

“Changing Demographics, Changing Identity, Changing Attitudes” | Teaching Tolerance - Diversity, Equity and Justice

I like the Southern Law and Poverty Center. This is useless. I'm sure it has a few people patting themselves on the back but it's useless. It's like.............behind the times from the get go. Multiculturalism and diversity within the curriculum (and classroom) has been around for several decades. Immigration topics start coming up in middle school, if not by 5th grade, and are already discussed.

• Banned

I like the Southern Law and Poverty Center. This is useless. I'm sure it has a few people patting themselves on the back but it's useless. It's like.............behind the times from the get go. Multiculturalism and diversity within the curriculum (and classroom) has been around for several decades. Immigration topics start coming up in middle school, if not by 5th grade, and are already discussed.

Some school districts in some parts of the country are behind in teaching this

Leftism...Leftism...and more Leftism.

Yep. My ultimate goal is to force you to kick off your shoes, dance in the sand with an American made beer and sing Kumbaya with feeling and like it.

Muhahahahahaha.

Well, that was fun. Some of us have to work for a living.

Some school districts in some parts of the country are behind in teaching this

I need to see some evidence for that. It's located in that classes curriculum. Guno, I never thought I would say this to you but I think you are watching too much right wing television.

That is interesting. Many private schools are "religious". I wonder how many "private religous schools" are actually heavily invested in immigration. Hiding them, inviting them, helping them locate housing. Supporters of the influx of refugees. :beer:

That is interesting. Many private schools are "religious". I wonder how many "private religous schools" are actually heavily invested in immigration. Hiding them, inviting them, helping them locate housing. Supporters of the influx of refugees. :beer:

The schools ours attend are academic academies...where they learn what they are supposed to learn...math, English, history, etc....they are not subjected to left loon indoctrination. It works, they average some of the highest test scores in the state. Meanwhile the public school system is a complete joke

We graduate complete morons who can't read at grade level, don't know the difference between a Republic or a democracy, can't name 3 Founding Fathers if you spot them Adams and Franklin, but they know we're diverse. The federal department of education needs to be ruthlessly eliminated

That is interesting. Many private schools are "religious". I wonder how many "private religious schools" are actually heavily invested in immigration. Hiding them, inviting them, helping them locate housing. Supporters of the influx of refugees. :beer:

The schools ours attend are academic academies...where they learn what they are supposed to learn...math, English, history, etc....they are not subjected to left loon indoctrination. It works, they average some of the highest test scores in the state. Meanwhile the public school system is a complete joke

That's nice. That said, wonder how much indoctrination is occurring in those schools.
Christian Charities Profit from Muslim Refugee Resettlement

Christian groups break with GOP over Syrian refugees

Religious Agencies and Refugee Resettlement

Refugee Resettlement Fact Sheet

Welcoming the Newcomer: How Faith Groups Are Rallying the Religious Behind Immigration Reform

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/24/us/us-religious-leaders-embrace-cause-of-immigrant-children.html

Real life drill training...

Career education making a comeback in US high schools
April 27, 2016 -- There was an emergency in Room 14. Three girls injured, one with a broken thighbone and maybe something more serious. Snapping on sterile gloves and kneeling before the worst-off patient, two 17-year-olds went to work.
The pair cut open the girl's pant leg, pinched her toes to see if she had feeling and fit her with a neck brace. Sweat flecked their faces by the time they had the patient — a perfectly healthy classmate — strapped to a back board 12 minutes later. "You are acting like professionals and you haven't even finished this class yet!" Gretchen Medel, an EMT who oversaw the mock exercise during the first responder course she teaches at a health care-focused high school east of San Francisco, told the students.

Decades after "shop class" became known as a lesser alternative for children deemed unfit for college, vocational education is making a comeback in many of the nation's high schools. States such as California, Colorado and Louisiana are looking to rebranded "career pathways" that combine technical training with academics built around an industry theme as a way to get more young people to pursue some post-secondary education — whether it's a certificate from a two-year school or a four-year degree.

Supporters of the renaissance hope it will keep students engaged and prepare them for the stable, middle-income jobs employers say they can't fill. "Career and technical education is really the perfect blend of the academic, the technical and the employability skills. Students come out college- and career-ready because they have the skills in all these essential areas," Association for Career and Technical Education Executive Director LeeAnn Wilson said. Congress has endorsed the revival of such hands-on learning, at least in concept. An education reform bill adopted last year includes career and technical education, or CTE, in the definition of a well-rounded K-12 education. Over the next year, lawmakers are expected to strengthen the federal law that provides about $1.1 billion a year for job training in grades 7-14.

The trend represents a course correction from efforts of the past 30 years that assumed exposing all students to the same college prep curriculum would be an antidote for achievement gaps, past inequities and the nation's flagging economic competitiveness, said Anthony Carnevale, director of the Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce. The "high school to Harvard pathway," as Carnevale calls it, was not a cure-all; the percentage of high school graduates immediately enrolling in a four-year college only rose from 40 percent in 1990 to 42 percent in 2013, according to the most recent federal data.

MORE

People who are afraid of change are the biggest idiots and fools around.

"...you better start swimmin’ or you’ll sink like a stone/For the times they are a-changin’"

Funny how the people on this thread who are decrying education are clearly people who have no critical thinking skills.

They obviously did not take advantage of their educations.

Did parents ever hear of opting out of a class? If my kids had attended a religious private school I would have had them opt out of religious classes.....the school has to comply.....private or public.

Forum List

Back