Groundless Lawsuit

Only in America. A convicted criminal serving 11 years for a home invasion is suing the victims of the home invasion for what he claims is breach of an oral contract where I guess they promised to let him go if he didn't kill them. The state should sue the convict's lawyer for attempted extortion.

My old torts professor in law school (Dean Prosser) used to like to say: "You can SUE the Bishop of Boston for bastardy. The question is, can you WIN?"

A contract entered into in the circumstances here described is void ab initio (void from the outset) because it is a contract entered into on the basis of duress. If I put a gun to your head and say, "sign this contract or I will kill you," it hardly creates a binding legal relationship which can be enforced if you later fail to perform once the gun is removed.

It's so sad that an honest criminal who kept his word is slandered.

And the lying two faced alleged victim is some how held up as the good guy.

Has the whole world just gone crazy?? :cuckoo: :eek:

My old torts professor in law school (Dean Prosser) used to like to say: "You can SUE the Bishop of Boston for bastardy. The question is, can you WIN?"

A contract entered into in the circumstances here described is void ab initio (void from the outset) because it is a contract entered into on the basis of duress. If I put a gun to your head and say, "sign this contract or I will kill you," it hardly creates a binding legal relationship which can be enforced if you later fail to perform once the gun is removed.

Absolutely correct.

Forum List

Back