Ground Zero Mosque: The Real Issue

Also, to illustrate how FAKE your so-called "real" issue is, and to take a snippet from another thread:

Islam already lives near ground zero

WASHINGTON – A New York imam and his proposed mosque near ground zero are being demonized by political candidates — mostly Republicans — despite the fact that Islam is already very much a part of the World Trade Center neighborhood. And that Muslims pray inside the Pentagon, too, less than 80 feet from where terrorists attacked.

FACT CHECK: Islam already lives near ground zero - Yahoo! News

OMG!! Soon, even our commanders inside the Pentagon will be ordering us all under Sharia Law!!! AAAHHHHH!!!!!

Dick and Newt can go get bent.

Obama-in-mosque..

Attachments

• $obama-in-mosque.jpg
    $obama-in-mosque.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 54
Also, to illustrate how FAKE your so-called "real" issue is, and to take a snippet from another thread:

Islam already lives near ground zero

WASHINGTON – A New York imam and his proposed mosque near ground zero are being demonized by political candidates — mostly Republicans — despite the fact that Islam is already very much a part of the World Trade Center neighborhood. And that Muslims pray inside the Pentagon, too, less than 80 feet from where terrorists attacked.

FACT CHECK: Islam already lives near ground zero - Yahoo! News

OMG!! Soon, even our commanders inside the Pentagon will be ordering us all under Sharia Law!!! AAAHHHHH!!!!!

Dick and Newt can go get bent.

Obama-in-mosque..

Is this supposed to make a point?

Or are we supposed to be scared because Obama took his shoes off to go in a Mosque?

doctor. this is something that i've always wondered, and was hoping you'd help me with.

i'm assuming the whole, jesus was a community organizer and pilate was a governor, is in reference to obama and bush.

are you really trying to compare obama with jesus?

you really think jesus fits todays definition of a community organizer?

instead of a carpenter, would jesus be working for ACORN?

doctor. this is something that i've always wondered, and was hoping you'd help me with.

i'm assuming the whole, jesus was a community organizer and pilate was a governor, is in reference to obama and bush.

Palin, not Bush. And Me, not Obama.

It's a tongue-in-cheek response to the anti-Obama bumper stickers that came out during the campaign, after Sarah Palin made her stupid little comments about "Community Organizers" - that said "Charles Manson was a Community Organizer, Reagan was a Governor".

It really has nothing to do with Obama anyway - I am a community organizer,

Last edited:

Jesus would probably take one look, shake His head and say "you folks really know how to screw up a good thing".

It's a tongue-in-cheek response to the anti-Obama bumper stickers that came out during the campaign, after Sarah Palin made her stupid little comments about "Community Organizers" - that said "Charles Manson was a Community Organizer, Reagan was a Governor".

ok, thanks.

on a bit of a side note, do you think your work has prepared you to be president?

ok, thanks.

on a bit of a side note, do you think your work has prepared you to be president?

I don't think anything prepares you to be President. I don't think there's any job in the world that could even begin to prepare you. So I don't think it really matters.

You're doing this weird beating-around-the-bush thing, attempting to slide in some attacks on Obama. I don't know why, or what your point is, but it's a pretty dumb charade.

I didn't vote for Obama, and I don't particularly like him.

ok, thanks.

I don't think anything prepares you to be President. I don't think there's any job in the world that could even begin to prepare you. So I don't think it really matters.

You're doing this weird beating-around-the-bush thing, attempting to slide in some attacks on Obama. I don't know why, or what your point is, but it's a pretty dumb charade.

\
i'm really not. i just always thought your signature related to obama/bush, and for some reason it bothered me. i don't think what obama did on the streets of chicago relate in any way to what jesus did. that's all.

but if you don't mind humoring me a bit more, in what sense was jesus a community organizer?

ok, thanks.

\
i'm really not. i just always thought your signature related to obama/bush, and for some reason it bothered me. i don't think what obama did on the streets of chicago relate in any way to what jesus did. that's all.

but if you don't mind humoring me a bit more, in what sense was jesus a community organizer?

Well, I think that's pretty self-explanatory. He, you know, "organized" people. He taught people, and encouraged them to follow his lead.

He's probably the most effective community organizer who ever lived.

Now, humor me. What do you think a "community organizer" does?

The real issue is whether you truly support the first amendment or only do so when it is convenient to you.

I think it's profoundly hilarious that so many of the board's "strict constitutionalists" want to ignore one of the most basic principles of it.

Obama has been clear on this. He will not oppose the building of a Mosque near ground zero based on the constitution. He must take his oath to uphold the constitution more seriously than Bush did.

the right are having a spin fest though. Playing on fears is what they are best at after all.

How can you claim he has been clear on this, or any other issue. He is consistently not Clear. First he is for it, then he clarifies the wisdom of it. The man is not a leader he is led around by the nose by what he thinks will win the most votes.

Most inept leadership in the History of our union. Period.

Obama has been clear on this. He will not oppose the building of a Mosque near ground zero based on the constitution. He must take his oath to uphold the constitution more seriously than Bush did.

the right are having a spin fest though. Playing on fears is what they are best at after all.

I wouldn't expect Obama to do anything based upon the Constitution, after teaching it as a document of negative liberties, for years. I also don't trust him to take any oath that wasn't listed in his Rules for Radicals bible, by Saul Alinsky, seriously. All fears concerning Obama are justified and the country is onto him.

Oh, Obama is the one who is all fucked up on the Constitution now?

What part about this:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...

Do you not understand?

The real issue?

The real issue is that it's not a mosque and it's not at ground zero. It's a community center and it's a few blocks away from ground zero in an empty Burlington Coat Factory store in a blighted neighborhood where stores moved out after 9/11 and no one moved back in.

The real issue is that this is a ginned up fake issue for the Republicans to run on because they always run on fear. And they love the fear of Muslims and terrorists and non-Christians.

It's the Republicans favorite campaign platform. Because "home of the brave" is not something Republican voters strive to be a part of.

We should change the song to "home of the chicken shit teabagging Republicans".

The real issue?

The real issue is that it's not a mosque and it's not at ground zero. It's a community center and it's a few blocks away from ground zero in an empty Burlington Coat Factory store in a blighted neighborhood where stores moved out after 9/11 and no one moved back in.

The real issue is that this is a ginned up fake issue for the Republicans to run on because they always run on fear. And they love the fear of Muslims and terrorists and non-Christians.

It's the Republicans favorite campaign platform. Because "home of the brave" is not something Republican voters strive to be a part of.

We should change the song to "home of the chicken shit teabagging Republicans".

Well, there is that too.

One day Americans are going to look back at the various ways they allowed their fears to be exploited by the GOP and be ashamed.

\

Well, I think that's pretty self-explanatory. He, you know, "organized" people. He taught people, and encouraged them to follow his lead.

He's probably the most effective community organizer who ever lived.

Now, humor me. What do you think a "community organizer" does?

agitates. just kidding. sort of

i think a lot of community organizers come about to rectify a wrong in society. for example, they might come in to a city or town where a company is say, not paying a decent wage to its employees and polluting the rivers. i would imagine an organizer would work to rally support from the community to put pressure on the company to increase its wages and stop polluting.
just an example.
i think they work to change the political environment of a community to ensure all people have equal access to the american dream.

New Topics

Forum List

Back