Grocery Stores Begin To Close in Southern California

george4title

Aug 2, 2010

Albertsons said this week it would close its Pomona store, along with its Riverside and Sun City locations, adding to the list of recent closures by major grocery chains in the Inland Empire.
Ralphs at Fourth Street and Vineyard Avenue in Ontario is ceasing operations by late spring. A decade-old Vons in La Verne shuttered last month.

Albertsons, Ralphs, Vons stores close in I.E. - San Bernardino County Sun

Albertsons LLC plans to close seven unprofitable Texas stores next month, including five in the Dallas area, one of the most competitive in the nation.

Liquidation sales start Wednesday, and the company expects the stores in Carrollton, Garland, Richardson , Plano and Southlake to close around Feb. 20.

"Over the last several years, we have put our best efforts into repositioning these stores to better compete in the market place. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to do so," said Albertsons spokeswoman Christine Wilcox
Albertsons will close 7 Texas stores, including 5 in Dallas-Fort Worth | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Dallas Business News

Last edited by a moderator:
Albertson's has been in trouble for years now.

yeah, i know it was just weird to actually see grocery stores start to close.... It not that usual. Plus, one guy told me that a few customers knew about the store closing before the employees did. Not a happy time for clerks to find a new job

Albertsons has been shrinking for years. They use to be a major player here, but I believe there are only two left.

I do think Alberstons did very lame store design though.

Just watch - the whole State of California is going to close in about 9 more months.

Oh no... say it's not so. They just reelected their old liberal hippie governor from yesteryear, and he's going to make the state all better with his liberal agenda. Oh wait... hmmm... guess that's not going to work either. It was the liberal agenda that got them where they're at. Well chucks... I guess you're just FUCKED kullyfornia.

But here's an idea that might help you out... KICK OUT THE SONS A BITCHIN' ILLEGAL ALIENS!!!!

New Topics

Forum List

Back