Grilled pizza

Crust cooked QUICK
Aluminum foil burnt the shit out of it.
Don't use foil or high temps if the dough is premade
The BBQ was fuckin amazing. Would have been better if it had more time to smoke it.
Overall, a good idea. Will be doing again sometime.
I would have taken pics but I was drinking moonshine and XX so... lol

Yeah, you have to be careful that you don't burn it. I have a gas grill so I just put it on low and cook until the cheese is melted and starting to bubble a bit.
gas grills are so much easier and convenient.. But nothing beats the taste of charcoal! :)

Maybe you should have used the "indirect" heat method on your charcoal grill.
I considered it but the crust was too big lol
I ended up letting the flame die down and spread the charcoal out more.

Crust cooked QUICK
The BBQ was fuckin amazing. Would have been better if it had more time to smoke it.

Yeah, you have to be careful that you don't burn it. I have a gas grill so I just put it on low and cook until the cheese is melted and starting to bubble a bit.
gas grills are so much easier and convenient.. But nothing beats the taste of charcoal! :)

Well, other than it being burned, what did you think of the crust?

Speaking of googling and food, I had to google about homemade white beans a couple fo weeks ago. I ruined them the first time. I didn't think beans could do that shit lol.. anyways, I googled it and still couldn't nail it. I mean, they were better, but they didn't have that thick sauce normal white beans do :dunno:

Did you blend a portion of the beans when they were done and add them to the pot?
I did not

Crust cooked QUICK

Well, other than it being burned, what did you think of the crust?
It was better than that other bullshit lol. I coated it in garlic butter.

Speaking of googling and food, I had to google about homemade white beans a couple fo weeks ago. I ruined them the first time. I didn't think beans could do that shit lol.. anyways, I googled it and still couldn't nail it. I mean, they were better, but they didn't have that thick sauce normal white beans do :dunno:

Did you blend a portion of the beans when they were done and add them to the pot?
I did not

There you have it....

I did not

There you have it....
so fuckin simple.. Thanks man!

I did not

Another good way to fix runny beans is with a roux.
A dark roux adds a kickass smokey flavor to charro beans or any darker bean.
While you can make a lighter roux for white beans it doesnt tend to add flavor like just blending some of the beans.

Just cook your beans down, the liquid will thicken as it evaporates.

I personally really like soupy beans.

I can my own beans....2/3 c beans in a quart, with a couple of tablespoons of seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic, onion and chopped bacon) and fill up with water, pressure can for...I think 90? Minutes. Turn out perfect.

Forum List

Back