Grilled pizza

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
So, we are having a bonfire Saturday night and I wanted to grill something unusual. I heard someone joke the other day about grilled pizza and that popped in my head.. but I need some help..
I plan on doing three types : pepperoni, supreme and BBQ. BBW being crock pot pork shoulder; and then when I shred it and put it on the pizza, I will smoke the whole thing. Afterwards, drizzle it with some thin BBQ sauce. Just enough to give it that sauce taste.. Probably use cheddar cheese, too.
Where I am having problems : should I grill the crust on both sides and THEN put on the toppings? Maybe I should bake the crust a tad before moving it to the grill?
I am also a little worried about losing shape moving it that much. But I dotn guess it matters.. it is grilled pizza lol..
Opinions?

You're on your own, I've been pigeon holed with frozen pizza. :lol:

I like chicken BBQ and would be interested in hearing back on what you learn.

Speaking of googling and food, I had to google about homemade white beans a couple fo weeks ago. I ruined them the first time. I didn't think beans could do that shit lol.. anyways, I googled it and still couldn't nail it. I mean, they were better, but they didn't have that thick sauce normal white beans do :dunno:

We had frozen pizza for lunch Sunday. I added some Mexican queso cheese(the hard stuff. bricked cheese) to it. I sliced into thin, large chunks. It was good, IMO. It didn't taste like a burrito, and it still had a hard cheese texture to it, like bricked cheddar or something..

We had frozen pizza for lunch Sunday. I added some Mexican queso cheese(the hard stuff. bricked cheese) to it. I sliced into thin, large chunks. It was good, IMO. It didn't taste like a burrito, and it still had a hard cheese texture to it, like bricked cheddar or something..

Did you use taco meat?

We experiment with pizzas when we have time. Bacon, lettuce and tomato for example.

I have done grilled pizzas on the grill, but not on the campfire. With the campfire, I would suggest doing it on a grate over coals. Do you have a pizza stone? If you had one, that would make it easier. You could move the stone and not the pizza.

With the grill, you can get the toppings done on top by closing the grill and ovening it so the cheese melts. Not sure how you would do that over a campfire. Foil, maybe?

Did you use taco meat?

We experiment with pizzas when we have time. Bacon, lettuce and tomato for example.
I never have with pizza, but I made taco hot pockets out of pizza dough.
Chicken bacon ranch
Use a thick garlic sauce(I used garlic, whipping cream and a tad bit of cornstarch) as the sauce, and top with chicken, tomatoes, spinach and onion. That was fuckin amazing
I don't eat onion, but I love to cook with it. The texture gets to me. lol

I am not cooking it on the fire, I will be using my charcoal grill.

put it under the crust for the first 3 minutes then slide the foil out..for char marks.....you will have them...remember at those temps it wont take but a few minutes between nicely toasted and a burned offering

put it under the crust for the first 3 minutes then slide the foil out..for char marks.....you will have them...remember at those temps it wont take but a few minutes between nicely toasted and a burned offering
yes

oven mitts...oven mitts....i know it looks like you could just grab the edge and pull but i would use a mitt or combo of paddle and mitts

oh yea. I don't play with fire.. literally.. lol

Forum List

Back