Grilled Elephant...

Spoken like a STALINIST.

Well...I applaude your honesty even if I think you're a damned fool.

Actually I'm much more of a Feudalist than I am anything else. I'm in favor of a return to a structure similar to 12th-13th Century European Feudalism more than anything else.

Sure I understand.

And there is much to be said for the STABILITY of a feudalist society, too.

When I am really sick to death of reading the ignorant blather that many of my fellow citizens believe, I find myself also ROOTING for a government by the elite, too.

The problem with a society where the elite has ALL the power, and the people none is this:

They might START OUT as meritocracies, but they don't STAY that way.

So what you end up with is a SCION leadership class that is venal, arrogant AND incompetent.

I do not think there is any one size fits all perfect form of government or perfect kind of economic system, either.

I think there are types of government best suited to the times and conditions that the society is facing.

I can easily see how seductive is must be for our current crop of masters of the universe to think that GLOBALIZATION is the direction that humankind MUST inevitably head.

In fact, I'm inclined to agree with that sentiment in a theoretical kind of way.

But NOT the way we're doing it now.

Now the system it is not leading to a better world for humankind.

It is merely leading to a kind of neo-fuedalism that is NOT sustainable, either.

A society that sets out to be unjust (and that is exactly what this system is setting out to do) is doomed to both economic AND social inefficiencies that ultimitely lead to disaster.

And that appears to me to be the direction that the current Globalization by economic forces is taking us.

Last edited:
"They may have had some targeted, limited, novelty success in the last mid-term election..."

Hmmm...interesting way to describe a total fucking ass kicking.

Dems lost Kennedy seat in a state where dead registered Dem voters outnumber all living Republicans

And don't forget this.

corzine%20obama.jpg

Obama won NJ by 10 points a few months earlier and now they have a very effective Republican Governor

Sure I understand.

And there is much to be said for the STABILITY of a feudalist society, too.

When I am really sick to death of reading the ignorant blather that many of my fellow citizens believe, I find myself also ROOTING for a government by the elite, too.

The problem with a society where the elite has ALL the power, and the people none is this:

They might START OUT as meritocracies, but they don't STAY that way.

So what you end up with is a SCION leadership class that is venal, arrogant AND incompetent.

I'm not so interested in a meritocracy as I am in a moralocracy. I understand that the principle is the same, that if not properly regulated the top end becomes corrupt but that's why you don't base the system on heredity, but rather on morality and values, with a zero tolerance policy.

What a great post, and you are right lawyers charge by the hours it would take hours to read it. We need to clean house and just start over if you can find anybody dumb enough to run. Who would want that job unless is was to make them special and rich. If they were just trying to do the will of the voters then the hassle is just too much.

What a great post, and you are right lawyers charge by the hours it would take hours to read it. We need to clean house and just start over if you can find anybody dumb enough to run. Who would want that job unless is was to make them special and rich. If they were just trying to do the will of the voters then the hassle is just too much.

House cleaning is fine and its something that should be done regularly to avoid apathy...squalor....allergys :tongue: I once asked my mentor in politics....

"Why are all politicians scum bags?" He just smiled and said

"I hate to answer a question with a question, but why is a bubble round?

I said, because its the most energy efficient shape a liquid substance with the proper surface tension can hold within its environment. Given the current laws of physics it couldn't be anything else.... :doubt:

Politics will always be imperfect because we the people are imperfect.

Politics will always be imperfect because we the people are imperfect.

Which is part of why some of us choose to ignore Politics and instead focus on ideals and values we believe in without compromise.

That's not a new idea...

Fascism

If you really do prefer Fascism that's fine but don't see that its sustainable. Many Germans in the 1920's felt that it was the ideal form of government, cut through the bullshit! The problem with that is that the imperfect nature of man that I mentioned before still exists. In a Fascist government there is no check on the weakness of men, they run wild over all opposition until they hit a barrier that can't be moved.

Last edited:
That's not a new idea...

Fascism

If you really do prefer Fascism that's fine but don't see that its sustainable. Many Germans in the 1920's felt that it was the ideal form of government, cut through the bullshit! The problem with that is that the imperfect nature of man that I mentioned before still exists. In a Fascist government there is no check on the weakness of men, they run wild over all opposition until they hit a barrier that can't be moved.

Honestly, right now that WOULD probably be my preference. The biggest problem with what happened in Germany was that they didn't actually believe in Morality or Values. Their ideology was flawed and therefore the system could not work for them.

Forum List

Back