Greta Van Susteren challenges WH to prove her Show is not Traditional News

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
This could be fun …. with the White House? Gretawire

The New York Times has a new video interview with the new White House Director of Communications who says that Fox News Channel (that includes ON THE RECORD at 10pm) is not a "traditional news organization." In case you don't know, that is a swipe.

I challenge the White House to come on ON THE RECORD at 10pm and debate ME about ON THE RECORD at 10pm. If they are certain about their swipe (which includes ON THE RECORD at 10pm since they say all of Fox) - they should have the courage and strength to prove it. I am responsible for 10pm so I am eager to talk to them about our work at 10pm - an hour included in their swipe. I will be fair, polite but strong. I expect them to be the same. I will be armed with facts about ON THE RECORD at 10pm - not swipes.

Her biggest obstacle in stopping them? Her own network.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/12/business/media/12fox.html?pagewanted=2

Fox argues that its news hours — 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m. on weekdays — are objective. The channel has taken pains recently to highlight its news programs, including the two hours led by Shepard Smith, its chief news anchor. And its daytime newscasts draw more viewers than CNN or MSNBC’s prime-time programs.

Last I checked Greta, your program isn't in that category. :cool:

This could be fun …. with the White House? Gretawire

The New York Times has a new video interview with the new White House Director of Communications who says that Fox News Channel (that includes ON THE RECORD at 10pm) is not a "traditional news organization." In case you don't know, that is a swipe.

I challenge the White House to come on ON THE RECORD at 10pm and debate ME about ON THE RECORD at 10pm. If they are certain about their swipe (which includes ON THE RECORD at 10pm since they say all of Fox) - they should have the courage and strength to prove it. I am responsible for 10pm so I am eager to talk to them about our work at 10pm - an hour included in their swipe. I will be fair, polite but strong. I expect them to be the same. I will be armed with facts about ON THE RECORD at 10pm - not swipes.

Her biggest obstacle in stopping them? Her own network.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/12/business/media/12fox.html?pagewanted=2

Fox argues that its news hours — 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m. on weekdays — are objective. The channel has taken pains recently to highlight its news programs, including the two hours led by Shepard Smith, its chief news anchor. And its daytime newscasts draw more viewers than CNN or MSNBC’s prime-time programs.

Last I checked Greta, your program isn't in that category. :cool:
She's just fiesty, and is determined not to be left out. Sadly you Dogbert, accept the WH opinion without watching Fox News, cause if you did, and were interested in balanced presentation of the news you would be aware of how balanced it is. Why don't you take some time from your regular scheduling and have a look see?

The reason they "take pains" to stress their news programming is because people who should, and in my opinion actually do know better, like to confuse news with the editorial content at Fox. It's a indication, though, of how news sources like the NYT actually does let their news read like opinion.

Fox doesn't have to take on this white house, they have already beat them by being the number one news channel.

With this white house attacking Fox, Rush, Beck, it just drives more people towards them..

I say keep up the good work dummies.:clap2:

She's just fiesty, and is determined not to be left out. Sadly you Dogbert, accept the WH opinion without watching Fox News, cause if you did, and were interested in balanced presentation of the news you would be aware of how balanced it is. Why don't you take some time from your regular scheduling and have a look see?

The reason they "take pains" to stress their news programming is because people who should, and in my opinion actually do know better, like to confuse news with the editorial content at Fox. It's a indication, though, of how news sources like the NYT actually does let their news read like opinion.

American Horse, what is your definition of traditional news? Because here in reality, it's "Objective". So guess what, Greta and all those other people that Jon named aren't traditional news programs. They're opinion shows.

For you to even think that Fox News has a balanced presentation of the news is speaking to your partisanship. I can admit that MSNBC is biased as fuck and wishes it could be half what Fox News was in the Propaganda department. However, you wish to stay in denial. Why? I have no idea.

And by the way, Greta originally got her blog post from the NYT. So you got some egg to wipe off your face clown.

It surprised me as well.

Same here, but at the same time you had to figure that one of them was. I was sort of surprised that Beck was a Mormon, but then after a second I realized it makes perfect sense. Always wanting you to listen at his pleas, he must of made a fantastic and entertaining missionary. :lol:

It surprised me as well.

Same here, but at the same time you had to figure that one of them was. I was sort of surprised that Beck was a Mormon, but then after a second I realized it makes perfect sense. Always wanting you to listen at his pleas, he must of made a fantastic and entertaining missionary. :lol:

Has he always been a Mormon? For some reason I thought that came after his sobreity...

Yeah, just Googled it. He and his wife and kids converted in 1999. He was raised a Catholic.

Glenn Beck Mormon: Is Glenn Beck Mormon?

American Horse, what is your definition of traditional news? Because here in reality, it's "Objective". So guess what, Greta and all those other people that Jon named aren't traditional news programs. They're opinion shows.

For you to even think that Fox News has a balanced presentation of the news is speaking to your partisanship. I can admit that MSNBC is biased as fuck and wishes it could be half what Fox News was in the Propaganda department. However, you wish to stay in denial. Why? I have no idea.

And by the way, Greta originally got her blog post from the NYT. So you got some egg to wipe off your face clown.
Gretta, Oreilley, Hannity, Glen Beck, of course are not traditional news. The time frame they claimed is, and that's the part I was suggesting you take a look at; I especially recommend Bret Baier and his Special Report at 6-Eastern. You would benefit from checking it out. If you don't it's your loss. Krauthammer is always worth a listen.

Here's what I don't get: Why does anyone only want to get their news from the side they assume serves their political interest. It seems to me to be a big disadvantage to so dis-serve oneself in that way. As far as Greta goes, I don't much pay attention to her. She bends herself out of shape to take a moderate to left wing stand. Sorry your couldn't help yourself from sinking to insults.

Has he always been a Mormon? For some reason I thought that came after his sobreity...

Yeah, just Googled it. He and his wife and kids converted in 1999. He was raised a Catholic.

Glenn Beck Mormon: Is Glenn Beck Mormon?

That's what I thought too maybe. I had figured it had to do it with his sobreity. I just don't know how young in his life he got sober. Either way, he certainly has the natural gift to be a Missionary. Can you imagine him showing up at your door wanting to tell you about the word of the good Lord? :lol:

Gretta, Oreilley, Hannity, Glen Beck, of course are not traditional news. The time frame they claimed is, and that's the part I was suggesting you take a look at; I especially recommend Bret Baier and his Special Report at 6-Eastern. You would benefit from checking it out. If you don't it's your loss. Krauthammer is always worth a listen.

Here's what I don't get: What does anyone only want to get their news from the side they assume serves their political interest. It seems to me to be a big disadvantage to so dis-serve oneself in that way. As far as Greta goes, I don't much pay attention to her. She bends herself out of shape to take a moderate to left wing stand. Sorry your couldn't help yourself from sinking to insults.

Well then. If you have a 24/7 news network that only has traditional news 9 out of the 24 hours, then yes, they are not a traditional news network. And as Jon Stewart showed, their "traditional" news shows blend into commentary.

The only person I can stand to watch the entire time on Fox News is Shep. Who I swear must be a Liberal trapped in a Conservative body. It's either that or I'm becoming more Conservative. :eusa_eh:

Fox doesn't have to take on this white house, they have already beat them by being the number one news channel.

With this white house attacking Fox, Rush, Beck, it just drives more people towards them..

I say keep up the good work dummies.:clap2:

In case you haven't noticed over the years, the more popular Fox got, the more the Democrats won.

Earth to Greta....earth to Greta

You are not on CNN anymore. You sold your soul and are now on FoxNews

Forum List

Back