Greta Thunberg: Time Person of the Year

greta-thunberg-2.jpg

Congratulations Greta

Who knew disrespect for elders and truancy are criteria for an award?

Calling politicians to task for their failures is a right of all citizens
Even young ones

She's not an American citizen, she's a fucking foreigner.

She still isnt going to school.
So not only is she abused, have untold amounts of illnesses, she also cant count to 50k.
Good thing some ignorant children listen to her.

greta-thunberg-2.jpg

Congratulations Greta

Even young ones

The opinion of a child who has never supported herself, never voted, never had a job, etc is utterly meaningless
The United Nations, most of Europe, Time Magazine and a majority of her demographic...disagree with you!

Greta Thunberg - Wikipedia

Thunberg first became known for her activism in August 2018 when, at age 15, she began spending her school days outside the Swedish parliament to call for stronger action on global warming by holding up a sign saying (in Swedish) "School strike for the climate". Soon, other students engaged in similar protests in their own communities. Together, they organised a school climate strike movement under the name Fridays for Future. After Thunberg addressed the 2018 United Nations Climate Change Conference, student strikes took place every week somewhere in the world. In 2019, there were at least two coordinated multi-city protests involving over one million students each.[5][6] At home, Thunberg convinced her parents to adopt several lifestyle choices to reduce their own carbon footprint, including giving up air travel and not eating meat.[7]

Her sudden rise to world fame has made her a leader and a target.[8] In May 2019, Thunberg was featured on the cover of Time magazine, which named her a "next generation leader" and noted that many see her as a role model.[9] Thunberg and the school strike movement were also featured in a 30-minute Vice documentary titled Make the World Greta Again.[10] Some media have described her impact on the world stage as the "Greta Thunberg effect".[11] Thunberg has been the recipient of numerous honours and awards, including fellowship of the Royal Scottish Geographical Society, has been named as one of the 100 most influential people of 2019 by Time magazine, eventually being named Time Person of the Year 2019.[12] Thunberg was nominated for the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize which was ultimately awarded to Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed Ali.[13] In September 2019, she addressed the UN Climate Action Summit in New York.

She still isnt going to school.
So not only is she abused, have untold amounts of illnesses, she also cant count to 50k.
Good thing some ignorant children listen to her.

I thought conservatives supported home schooling?

Lol a mentally abused child with mental illness parroting pseudo bullshit...
But I guess its better than mass murders like stalin and hitler. Or tyrants like FDR. Or gay Kenyans like obama.
This award has been a joke for a century.
Dude..Asberger's is NOT mental illness. At least, not in the way you portray it. But hey..hater's gotta hate...I get it.
ADHD and OCD. She is known to suddenly have outbursts of anger and cuss her mother when she cooks beef instead of dandelions.
Aspergers is a development disorder.
Do with that what you will.

But I guess its better than mass murders like stalin and hitler. Or tyrants like FDR. Or gay Kenyans like obama.
Dude..Asberger's is NOT mental illness. At least, not in the way you portray it. But hey..hater's gotta hate...I get it.
ADHD and OCD. She is known to suddenly have outbursts of anger and cuss her mother when she cooks beef instead of dandelions.
Asperger's is often a sign of genius level intellect. Her actions on the world scene merely validate that. Even if I disagreed with her..and I do, on some issues--I'd never stoop so low as to personally attack a 16 yo...for having strong opinions and effectively articulating them.

greta-thunberg-2.jpg

Congratulations Greta

Even young ones

The opinion of a child who has never supported herself, never voted, never had a job, etc is utterly meaningless
The United Nations, most of Europe, Time Magazine and a majority of her demographic...disagree with you!

Thunberg first became known for her activism in August 2018 when, at age 15, she began spending her school days outside the Swedish parliament to call for stronger action on global warming by holding up a sign saying (in Swedish) "School strike for the climate". Soon, other students engaged in similar protests in their own communities. Together, they organised a school climate strike movement under the name Fridays for Future. After Thunberg addressed the 2018 United Nations Climate Change Conference, student strikes took place every week somewhere in the world. In 2019, there were at least two coordinated multi-city protests involving over one million students each.[5][6] At home, Thunberg convinced her parents to adopt several lifestyle choices to reduce their own carbon footprint, including giving up air travel and not eating meat.[7]

Her sudden rise to world fame has made her a leader and a target.[8] In May 2019, Thunberg was featured on the cover of Time magazine, which named her a "next generation leader" and noted that many see her as a role model.[9] Thunberg and the school strike movement were also featured in a 30-minute Vice documentary titled Make the World Greta Again.[10] Some media have described her impact on the world stage as the "Greta Thunberg effect".[11] Thunberg has been the recipient of numerous honours and awards, including fellowship of the Royal Scottish Geographical Society, has been named as one of the 100 most influential people of 2019 by Time magazine, eventually being named Time Person of the Year 2019.[12] Thunberg was nominated for the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize which was ultimately awarded to Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed Ali.[13] In September 2019, she addressed the UN Climate Action Summit in New York.

There is no shortage of followers looking for something to follow on this planet.

Asperger's is often a sign of genius level intellect. Her actions on the world scene merely validate that. Even if I disagreed with her..and I do, on some issues--I'd never stoop so low as to personally attack a 16 yo...for having strong opinions and effectively articulating them.

Perhaps in one area and lacking in others. My buddy has it. I understand what it is.
And her "genius" doesnt pertain to the environment. Obviously.
She has dropped out of school to entertain the masses in pseudo bullshit.
Poor child.

greta-thunberg-2.jpg

Congratulations Greta

Even young ones

There is no shortage of followers looking for something to follow on this planet.
This is true...and explains the Trump effect admirably.

Perhaps in one area and lacking in others. My buddy has it. I understand what it is.
And her "genius" doesnt pertain to the environment. Obviously.
She has dropped out of school to entertain the masses in pseudo bullshit.
Poor child.

Poor child is Time Magazine Person of the Year
Seems to be working

Even young ones

This is true...and explains the Trump effect admirably.

Au contraire, Trump has actually accomplished many things.

Forum List

Back