Greg Palast: UAW Charges Romney With Profiteering From Auto Bailout

Here is your answer. It's very simple; Romney says he opposed the bailout because he wants to energize his "base." He profitted from the bailout because he will do absolutely anything to make money.

This is why he would make a horrible president.

If you want a boss, elect Romney.

If you want a leader, re-elect Obama.

There's nothing illegal about profiting from the bailout, moron. Ever member of the UAW profited from the bailout.

Hypocrisy isn't illegal, but it does make one suspect his intentions. At some point, he certainly lied--either to his base, or to the electorate in general.

I don't see a single actual offense in the swill you posted. Since when is making a profit a crime? It appears his accusers can't even prove he made a profit off of any Delphi investment.

You wouldn't know it from the way Paul Ryan has been championing retired non-union workers of Delphi Auto, but his potential boss – Mitt Romney – made a mint off of a hedge fund investment that sent most of Delphi's job overseas and hedge fund principals who blackmailed the government into a huge payoff.

Greg Palast has detailed the ugly story on Truthout (reposted from the Nation). It is also the topic of a United Automobile Workers' (UAW) news conference in Toledo, Ohio, today, as exclusively revealed in a BuzzFlash at Truthout piece by Palast, "UAW Charges Romney With Profiteering From Auto Bailout."

Ryan is claiming to be upset that former non-union Delphi workers are not getting full pensions, which is grotesquely ironic considering Romney made a career of pension destruction that was part of his vulture capitalism formula. Remember also that -- which is Palast's point about Delphi -- the Romneys are still earning more than some 20 million a year in their "retirement" based in large part on investments in firms that cannibalize industry and workers.

Romney's likely multi-million dollar profit is hidden in Ann Romney's so-called "blind trust." In 1994, when Romney ran unsuccessfully against Ted Kennedy for the Senate, Mitt declared: “The blind trust is an age-old ruse.”

LINK

Reading is sometimes a useful tool. From an early post:

The government acceded, Delphi became lucrative again and then went public, and Elliott Management and its investors—including Romney—reaped enormous rewards. Under any rational interpretation of the Ethics in Government Act of 1978, these are holdings that a presidential candidate would need to disclose, because they can be affected by government action.

I don't see a single actual offense in the swill you posted. Since when is making a profit a crime? It appears his accusers can't even prove he made a profit off of any Delphi investment.

The government acceded, Delphi became lucrative again and then went public, and Elliott Management and its investors—including Romney—reaped enormous rewards. Under any rational interpretation of the Ethics in Government Act of 1978, these are holdings that a presidential candidate would need to disclose, because they can be affected by government action.

Even your spin on an interpretation makes no sense, you dogshit stupid hack.

Why do you regard this as a "frivolous" matter, Katz? Do you believe the facts as presented are not true? Or do you simply prefer to ignore them because it is "your team" that violated the rules?

It's as true as Gloria Allred's claim of perjury.

You're evading the question.

No I did not. I answered the quesiton. The facts as presented by the union are as true as Gloria Allred's claim of perjury, meaning not at all true. That's not evading.

The lawsuit is as frivolous as any of the many lawsuits brought against Sarah Palin to drive her from the office of governor. Unions are thugs. They will be thugs using legal means and when they can't, they resort to illegal means.

I read it. So where is the offense?

Forum List

Back