Greetings

Garinold

Rookie
Apr 25, 2009
Greetings, while I am not new to discussions on internet message boards, this is my first account on a purely political/current affairs forum. In RL I recently graduated from college this past December with a BA in Criminal Justice, minor in Political Science, and will be attending law school this upcoming fall. As far as my political leanings are concerned I am generally right of center on the vast majority of issues. On the economy I believe in low taxes and applying a Substantial Due Process test to all proposed regulations of businesses & commerce. On foreign affairs I have become an advocate for an approach to analysis & policy formulation that embodies the core concepts of realpolitik. I believe in a generally strict & originalist interpretation of the articles of the Constitution, but I understand the value in a "living document" approach to the interpretation of the amendments of the Constitution.

There is obviously more I could say, but for now I'll hold off. I look forward to discussing the issues and hope that we can have lively debate on these boards.

Thanks

Greetings, while I am not new to discussions on internet message boards, this is my first account on a purely political/current affairs forum. In RL I recently graduated from college this past December with a BA in Criminal Justice, minor in Political Science, and will be attending law school this upcoming fall. As far as my political leanings are concerned I am generally right of center on the vast majority of issues. On the economy I believe in low taxes and applying a Substantial Due Process test to all proposed regulations of businesses & commerce. On foreign affairs I have become an advocate for an approach to analysis & policy formulation that embodies the core concepts of realpolitik. I believe in a generally strict & originalist interpretation of the articles of the Constitution, but I understand the value in a "living document" approach to the interpretation of the amendments of the Constitution.

There is obviously more I could say, but for now I'll hold off. I look forward to discussing the issues and hope that we can have lively debate on these boards.

Thanks

:welcome:

Garinold,

I need to know two things about you:

1. Are you white?
2. Are you Roman Catholic?

Your answers to these important questions will determine your future dealings with Father Yukon

Thanks

Welcome aboard my friend! From a 3L in Law School graduating in Dec, I say good luck. I just hope for your sake the trend of astonishingly growing cost of law school reverses. When I started out it was $800 a credit hours only a few years later it is close to $1,300. Take just $1,300 x 90 credit hours and you have a hell of an expensive education!

Last edited:
Sounds like you're going to be a great addition to this monkey house, Garinold.

We need more right-leaning thinkers here.

Welcome Garinold. I note with interest that your online name is an anagram of organ lid.
Is it cold where you come from?:eusa_whistle:

To answer a few questions;
Yukon
- My father is Caucasian & my mother Hispanic so I guess I'm a hybred
- As far as my religion goes I would have to consider my self a Christian-Existentialist

Bootneck

It is cold half the year where I live.

Thanks
Welcome to the boards.

I have no idea why you were able to have those core beliefs after many years of being spoon fed the progressive's agenda.

They will say this: Our schools are failing, we need to spend more money on education. (translation) we need more progressive teachers and books. :lol:

I'll reveal the fact that I live in New Jersey. That being said, what really amuses me are all the complaints I hear from liberals in different policy discussions, and they don't even realize that New Jersey is the place where every liberal should want to live. We have high taxes, massive spending on entitlement programs, massive spending on education, extremely restrict policing procedures, have tough environmental protection, and a host of other examples of left-wing positions being manifested into actual policy (one note about schools....its clear from the example of Paterson's school districts that spending money doesn't yield better education since the district's budget meets or exceeds that of comparable school districts in better neighborhoods.....the problems are rooted in wider community economic and developmental issues). Despite this, no one if happy living in NJ that I know of.

One of the problems you find where I live are these impoverished communities that can't seem to progress (Camden comes to mind). In these communities you find people that keep electing the same politicians year after year after year, that make the same promises over and over again, administer the same kinds of leftwing underconsumptionist fiscal policies and nothing ever changes. People don't realize, and they just re-elect the same damn people with the same idiotic fiscal policies.

I'll reveal the fact that I live in New Jersey. That being said, what really amuses me are all the complaints I hear from liberals in different policy discussions, and they don't even realize that New Jersey is the place where every liberal should want to live. We have high taxes, massive spending on entitlement programs, massive spending on education, extremely restrict policing procedures, have tough environmental protection, and a host of other examples of left-wing positions being manifested into actual policy (one note about schools....its clear from the example of Paterson's school districts that spending money doesn't yield better education since the district's budget meets or exceeds that of comparable school districts in better neighborhoods.....the problems are rooted in wider community economic and developmental issues). Despite this, no one if happy living in NJ that I know of.

One of the problems you find where I live are these impoverished communities that can't seem to progress (Camden comes to mind). In these communities you find people that keep electing the same politicians year after year after year, that make the same promises over and over again, administer the same kinds of leftwing underconsumptionist fiscal policies and nothing ever changes. People don't realize, and they just re-elect the same damn people with the same idiotic fiscal policies.

North Caldwell, Basking Ridge, Cherry Hill NJ I have family in all those areas so I know what you mean. Not only do they keep voting for them year after year but now they MOVE to a red state and start voting the progressives in again. Talk about moron's.

To answer a few questions;
Yukon
- My father is Caucasian & my mother Hispanic so I guess I'm a hybred
- As far as my religion goes I would have to consider my self a Christian-Existentialist

Bootneck

It is cold half the year where I live.

Don't mind Yukon .. please ... he's just a minor troll from Canada.

But welcome.

Garinold,

I need to know two things about you:

1. Are you white?
2. Are you Roman Catholic?

Your answers to these important questions will determine your future dealings with Father Yukon

here's some questions for you... are you a Eskimo ? or do you just fuck them ?

do you still feel guilty about your experience with the priest ?

Forum List

Back