Greetings

Welcome! Typing in bold is against the rules. It also makes you look angry.

I've read the USMB rules and guidelines and typing in bold is NOT against the rules Ravi. If it were against the rules then why would USMB make it available to make bold letters and color texts? Besides, I noticed people posting in bold letters all over this board. It's only your opinion that typing in bold letters makes people look angry but your opinion is not going to dictate how I choose to post.
ANGRY!

(hello)
NOT ANGRY!

(Goodbye)
Just joking. You´d know, however, that writing in bold is largely seen as speaking loud and angry in the internet.
Been on the net for a long time. I still think that is stupid and whomever thought it up is a moron.

Compliments of Wiki:

An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.[1] They differ from chat rooms in that messages are often longer than one line of text, and are at least temporarily archived. Also, depending on the access level of a user or the forum set-up, a posted message might need to be approved by a moderator before it becomes visible.

Forums have a specific set of jargon associated with them; e.g., a single conversation is called a "thread", or topic.

A discussion forum is hierarchical or tree-like in structure: a forum can contain a number of subforums, each of which may have several topics. Within a forum's topic, each new discussion started is called a thread, and can be replied to by as many people as so wish.

I want to publicly thank AudeSapere for having almost passed the Statistikhengst 46-Sock Newbie Endurance Program (S-46-SNEP).

This super-duper secret (shhhh....) program was designed to see if newbies can survive the choppy waters of the USMB moat without going batshit crazy. For people who were already batshit crazy before they got here, well...

The next phase for Aude is to hold his breath for 3 minutes.

It goes like this, Aude:

I will say:

"President Obama has encouraged all Americans to breathe alot!"

And then, you stop breathing.

And when you wake up again, it's off to a nice safari in the Flame Zone!!!

:D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously, AudeSapere - thanks for being such a good sport and I hope you have a good time here in USMB. I hear the Libertarian Islands are beautiful at this time of year -

- on Mars!!!

:lol:

Last edited:
Compliments of Wiki:

An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.[1] They differ from chat rooms in that messages are often longer than one line of text, and are at least temporarily archived. Also, depending on the access level of a user or the forum set-up, a posted message might need to be approved by a moderator before it becomes visible.

Forums have a specific set of jargon associated with them; e.g., a single conversation is called a "thread", or topic.

A discussion forum is hierarchical or tree-like in structure: a forum can contain a number of subforums, each of which may have several topics. Within a forum's topic, each new discussion started is called a thread, and can be replied to by as many people as so wish.
Another thing that is different is a blog is most often SELF moderated and a forum is not. Using the term "Thread starter" or "blog" or "OP" is truly ALL the same.

I am looking forward to sharing my views and to debating with others on a variety of topics. I am an iconoclastic Libertarian Constitutionalist who is going to challenge a lot of peoples beliefs I'm sure.

imageedit_1_9745901405_zpsjdcjgvnu.gif

I am looking forward to sharing my views and to debating with others on a variety of topics. I am an iconoclastic Libertarian Constitutionalist who is going to challenge a lot of peoples beliefs I'm sure.

imageedit_1_9745901405_zpsjdcjgvnu.gif

Thank Goodness you showed up, this thread has been totally short and quiet. We need to you liven it up!

Welcome! Typing in bold is against the rules. It also makes you look angry.

I've read the USMB rules and guidelines and typing in bold is NOT against the rules Ravi. If it were against the rules then why would USMB make it available to make bold letters and color texts? Besides, I noticed people posting in bold letters all over this board. It's only your opinion that typing in bold letters makes people look angry but your opinion is not going to dictate how I choose to post.

You are correct: typing in bold is not forbidden, but in internet-speak, it is taken to mean that you are screaming.

However, I would encourage you to not type in bold and in red, because that color is reserved for the mods when they are posting as mods.

I can already tell you have control issues and Hillary needs two planes for her luggage as far as I'm concerned. She has a lot of luggage going all the way back to her Rose law firm-Whitewater-Mena Arkansas days. Then there's Benghazi and her private email account while she was Sec. of State and her harddrive on her personal server has been conveniently wiped. Yep.... she's as pure as the driven white wash she is.

Wait a minute, wait a minute.

I gave you a helpful suggestion and was polite, too, nothing more. If you don't take the suggestion and a mod ends up pouncing on you, then I not a fuck give.

Furthermore, intro threads are not supposed to be overtly political. If you feel like going all ballistic over Hillary because of my sigfile, well, have at it, but it says alot about you, since you don't even know me yet.

So, you can either think about the suggestion - or you can be a dick.

Your call.

You definitely have control issues and I didn't ask for your advice Statistikhengst. I've read the rules and guidelines already. A simple greeting would have sufficed. Just because I'm new here doesn't mean I'm clueless.

Uh...that ^^^^ Thank you.

Come on people, really? Who gives a shit...this is an intro thread. Welcome the guy and move on.

Again, welcome to the forum, AudeSapere.

Some quick advice. Anybody who uses a clown monicker as their avatar is a member of a well known group of trolls.

They are mostly disgusting ass to mouth fags.

Well, aren't you a total buzzkill.

And what is this RWNJ obsession with gay sex?

Hint: most of us Lefties are straight.
Funny, could have swore there was NO flaming in welcome threads.
MY mistake.... :dig:

Did he get scared off already?

Shame on you guys. SHAME!!! Now go stand in the corners.

Forum List

Back