Greetings, new member here!

Dearborn, no doubt.

Downtown Detroit most likley :cool:
Nah, the Habibs and Habibettes are concentrated in Dearborn.

Sorry I was thinking here

ghetto.jpg

:D

I certainly appreciate the humor! Being a native Detroiter (proper) ethnic humor flies non stop. I was naive enough to think the rest of the United States was the same way. We lived in New York City for a few years and I had to learn to censor that real quick. They are pretty soft.

I certainly appreciate the humor! Being a native Detroiter (proper) ethnic humor flies non stop. I was naive enough to think the rest of the United States was the same way. We lived in New York City for a few years and I had to learn to censor that real quick. They are pretty soft.

Have a thick skin and you'll be fine here.

I smell a rat

I smell a rat

Well I have not discovered the aroma activated part of the forum yet. Sounds cool though.

Want to know why I am conservative? I have seen every liberal crack pot idea tried in real time and it has turned the city that generations of my family have called home into a third world dump. Hyper partisan and identity politics? Yeah that has been Detroit for over 30 years (personal recollection) and I know where and how it ends and it is not pretty.

When I attended my first tea party rally in Michigan on the Capital steps it was a dark time. When you live in a liberal bastion such as Michigan often you can feel like the last conservative in the state. My wife (black republican!) and I are both veterans and feel increasingly lost as our country descends into the realm of the banana republic and I need a place to air political views. Facebook and twitter only bring negativity and we are positive people. Thanks for having us as a part of the community!
Welcome to USMB, Michael.Paul. Hope you enjoy the boards.

Thanks for the welcome so far everyone. Here is the situation that I see right now. In other healthy democracies (I know we have a representative republic!) there is a much wider spectrum of political parties to choose from. Neither has all of the right answers and my own views are libertarian I would say. So anyone who says one side or the other is 100% correct only exposes their own sophistry.
I see you do not follow the Senate voting records very closely. :evil:

I smell a rat

tell your boyfriend to wash his pubes...or you'll throw him overboard.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back