"Greetings my fellow White-Christians" - RNC Chair

Gabriella84 said:
Merlin, obviously you need to go back and review the rules of the message board that you are posting on:

Babycakes, I have to tell you that I do have a low tolerance level for smug, pretentious diletantes who come onto this board with their half-baked opinions and expect the rest of us to accept them at face value. You come here with your idiotic premises, unsupported rhetoric and then you have the nerve to demand PC treatment from me.

Here's your notice, little monkey. I'm going to fry your bacon every time you post something as completely stupid and arrogant as the swill you have dumped onto this site to date.

And don't presume to quote board rules to me. I've read them several times. When it comes to telling off folks like you, it's rather hard to "overuse" personal attacks. Matter of fact, I think I've been rather restrained. Hopefully you will soon make the acquaintance of some of the more colorful members who are not inclined to be as low key as I.

Meantime, quit whining and try answering the posts. Or just go back to banging your cymbals.

bush lover said:
Europe has Christian Democrat parties, so what's the big deal? Personally, I see nothing wrong with the GOP being a Christian Party. But what if Romney gets elected, then will it be a Mormon Party? I would prefer that the GOP become the Roman Catholic Party, because my Church is the REAL Christian Church, not one of these pretend ones. And if we change our Constitution to make one religion the official one, I would also prefer to have Roman Catholicism the official religion. To me though, Mormon is like Scientology or Moonie.

Whoa, hoss, you're getting a little out of hand. It's hard enough to keep people from manipulating the Constitution without going in and making a major change to it like that. Do you really want to lose your freedom of religion? I don't. Rather symbolic that you would choose Roman Catholic, as that was the only choice for many in Europe and a big reason we have freedom of religion here to begin with.

Anyway, I don't think the point is that Dean called the GOP a "Christian Party", it's the fact that he said all Republicans were white Christians, and to top it off was talking to a black group at the time. Are Republicans predominatly Christian? Yes, but I'm willing to bet most Democrats would describe themselves as Christian as well. I'm also sure Condoleezza Rice, J.C. Watts, and Colin Powell, among others, were quite surprised to hear they were white Christians.

Some of what he said was even odder than this. He said all Republicans look alike and act alike... Kind of sounds like some of the stereotypes put on certain races over the years.

Gabriella, I don't think Merlin overused anything. Besides, what do you expect when you take someones quote, change it to fit your needs, then end up with something as lame as that. It's not a hard to change a quote.

Gabriella84 said:
Merlin, you are obviously right and I should just shut the hell up.

See, I can do it too.

Forum List

Back