"Greetings my fellow White-Christians" - RNC Chair

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Republican National Chairman Ken Mehlman on Thursday night urged Pittsburgh-area Republicans to expand the party's base to help re-elect U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum and other GOP candidates in 2006.
Mehlman also used an Allegheny County GOP money-raising event at the Omni William Penn Hotel, Downtown, to accuse Democratic leaders -- including National Chairman Howard Dean -- of using "hateful rhetoric" in comments about Republicans.

"As Republicans, we will always point out where the other party is misguided and mistaken, but we will never embrace their hateful rhetoric," he said.

Democratic leaders hope "their loud talk and angry rhetoric will hide the fact that they have nothing to say and nothing to offer," Mehlman told a crowd of about 450 Republicans at the $50-a-plate dinner.

Dean said last week that a lot of Republicans "have never made an honest living in their lives." The comment sparked a roiling controversy. Some prominent Democrats, including Sen. John Edwards, of North Carolina, criticized Dean for the remark.

Dean said later his comments referred to Republican leaders' lack of action on working-class issues.

In another controversial remark, Dean recently characterized Republicans as "pretty much a white, Christian party."

During an earlier event yesterday, Mehlman poked fun at Dean's comment. At a reception for him by the Republican Jewish Coalition, held at the Duquesne Club, Mehlman quipped: "Good afternoon, my fellow white Christians."

In the speech last night, Mehlman acknowledged the party needs to work harder to attract more blacks and Hispanic Americans into its rank-and-file membership.

During an interview, Mehlman said his trip to Pittsburgh was to fire up grassroots Republicans, expand the party in a traditional Democratic stronghold and raise money.

More.

Europe has Christian Democrat parties, so what's the big deal? Personally, I see nothing wrong with the GOP being a Christian Party. But what if Romney gets elected, then will it be a Mormon Party? I would prefer that the GOP become the Roman Catholic Party, because my Church is the REAL Christian Church, not one of these pretend ones. And if we change our Constitution to make one religion the official one, I would also prefer to have Roman Catholicism the official religion. To me though, Mormon is like Scientology or Moonie.

So you are trying to say that he was right? Are you really saying I would be unwelcome in the Republican Party?

bush lover said:
Europe has Christian Democrat parties, so what's the big deal? Personally, I see nothing wrong with the GOP being a Christian Party. But what if Romney gets elected, then will it be a Mormon Party? I would prefer that the GOP become the Roman Catholic Party, because my Church is the REAL Christian Church, not one of these pretend ones. And if we change our Constitution to make one religion the official one, I would also prefer to have Roman Catholicism the official religion. To me though, Mormon is like Scientology or Moonie.

First, since the US was founded on the principles of liberty, one of those being the liberty to choose one's own religion, I would take SERIOUS issue to a proclamation of an official American religion.

Second, you are free to get a bunch of Catholics and start your own Catholics-only political party. Or, you could join the American Party, the American Heritage Party, or the Constitution Party, all of which already share your views.

Third, are you really saying that the Catholic church is the only church whose members will be in heaven? Do you have any scriptural proof of that?

no1tovote4 said:
So you are trying to say that he was right? Are you really saying I would be unwelcome in the Republican Party?

I think he's from the Pat Buchanan wing of the party, which, thankfully, has been shrinking since 1992.

gop_jeff said:
I think he's from the Pat Buchanan wing of the party, which, thankfully, has been shrinking since 1992.

I wish they would all join the Constitutional Party and let the libertarian-minded run the Party. I could then join the Republican Party and feel good about it.

gop_jeff said:
Second, you are free to get a bunch of Catholics and start your own Catholics-only political party.

isn't that the kennedy wing of the democratic party?

no1tovote4 said:
Not by this RC member. Personally I am of the opinion that there should be NO appearance of belief establishment. In this case, any religion that wanted to erect some 'symbolic representation' on public grounds would be welcome to, with the costs, upkeep paid by whatever group was there.

Is Dean say there are no white or Christian Democrats? It would be interesting to see a poll on how many in each party consider themselves white and Christian.

In the speech last night, Mehlman acknowledged the party needs to work harder to attract more blacks and Hispanic Americans into its rank-and-file membership.

I don't see this as a real big deal. I think the GOP has been attracting lots of minorities lately. All they have to do is listen to the democraps...

The public reaction by the GOP has been, "Oh, we're not racist! See, we have some blacks over here!" But can you imagine, say, the NAACP fretting that it was "too black"?

I wish whites would just say, "Yeah, we're white. In fact, we're all white. And we love it. So screw you!"

But they won't. Only white people are actually ashamed to be too numerous somewhere. Every other group says, "Damn motherfucker, we're all Mexicans here! Let's go take over a country! Yeeha!"

Now THAT is a healthy spirit.

William Joyce said:
The public reaction by the GOP has been, "Oh, we're not racist! See, we have some blacks over here!" But can you imagine, say, the NAACP fretting that it was "too black"?

I wish whites would just say, "Yeah, we're white. In fact, we're all white. And we love it. So screw you!"

But they won't. Only white people are actually ashamed to be too numerous somewhere. Every other group says, "Damn motherfucker, we're all Mexicans here! Let's go take over a country! Yeeha!"

Now THAT is a healthy spirit.

If you'd have left off your first statement. I'd agree 100% with what you just said.

http://hatemongersquarterly.blogspo...gersquarterly_archive.html#111829192235973156

Friday, June 10, 2005

What Will Howard Dean Say Next? A Clairvoyant Speaks Out

Literate members of the American public undoubtedly recognize that Democratic Chairperson Howard Dean has landed himself in hot water of late. As numerous media outlets have discussed, Chairperson Dean seems congenitally incapable of controlling his mouth. In short, he’s a veritable one-man Hate Speech Machine.

For instance, Chairperson Dean recently declared that the Republican Party was essentially made up of those horrid people called white Christians. Apparently, Chairperson Dean forgot to mention the manifold Jewish interlopers who hoodwinked the Republicans into invading Iraq for the sake of Jew-run corporations.

We assume that Chairperson Dean will soon make up for that lapse.

It appears as if Chairperson Dean does not find the Republican Party suitably “diverse.” Perhaps it could prove its appeal to larger swaths of Americans if it could draw in the upper-middle class white, suburban Yalies who make up Chairperson Dean’s entire voting base.

Anyway, this has all made us, the crack young staff of “The Hatemonger’s Quarterly,” wonder: What will this loopy white Christian say next? Will Maxine Waters soon distance herself from Chairperson Dean’s pronouncements?

Good questions, those. And we, the crack young staff of “The Hatemonger’s Quarterly,” have recently hired an honest-to-goodness clairvoyant to answer these and kindred spine-tingling queries. In fact, yesterday afternoon, various members of the crack young staff—let’s just call them “Chip”—peppered this clairvoyant with inquiries about Chairperson Dean’s future pronouncements.

We should inform you, dear reader, that this clairvoyant is no medium medium. He’s a veteran of numerous telephone psychic hotlines, and has spent (literally) minutes informing people of their inscrutably ruinic futures.

As such, we’re certain that you’ll enjoy taking in our soothsayer’s take on Chairperson Dean’s future sayings. If our rent-a-prophet proves prophetic, Chairperson Dean, like Lucy, is going to have a lotta’ splainin’ to do:

“The Hatemonger’s Quarterly” Official Rent-a-Prophet Projections of Unfortunate Statements Soon To Be Stated by Stately Howard Dean:

1. “Orlando, Florida is hotter than a Puerto Rican Ferrari.”

2. “The only thing I hate more than closemindedness is people who disagree with my opinions.”

3. “Perhaps Hitler was guilty of monstrous crimes. But we shouldn’t prejudge him.”

4. “I am sick and tired of hearing right-wing politicians carp on the moral failings of others. That’s just another reason why I’m certain Tom DeLay deserves to go straight to hell.”

5. “The few Republicans who do an honest day’s work are prostitutes.”

6. “My speechwriter is Heinrich Himmler.”

6/10/2005 12:01:00 AM SHARE THE HATE

colehart said:
Is Dean say there are no white or Christian Democrats? It would be interesting to see a poll on how many in each party consider themselves white and Christian.

well lets see here are a few misguided souls in my own family who happen to be white and christian Democrates.
My grandparents, my in-laws, my sister (I don't know how this happened, maybe she was influenced by her husband), a bunch of my husbands uncles.

I've tried to turn them, but they don't listen.

"Damn motherfucker, we're all rich white guys here! Let's go take over a country!

Sounds like a Bush speech prior to the invasion of Iraq. :funnyface

Trigg said:
well lets see here are a few misguided souls in my own family who happen to be white and christian Democrates.
My grandparents, my in-laws, my sister (I don't know how this happened, maybe she was influenced by her husband), a bunch of my husbands uncles.

I've tried to turn them, but they don't listen.

Yep, me too. I have a Grandma who passionately hates Bush, based on her worldview of reading the Oregonian and watching Liberal network media. She was a Republican up to when she had her stroke. (wierd)

My older sister and her husband were emotionally distraught for days after the 2004 election. They are passionate about the environment, and feel the Iraqi war was a lie. I credit this to their Liberal arts education at U of O. (The exact degree I hold as well, in Russian studies!) I guess I fought the power. That, and I lived in the former USSR for a stretch. :teeth:

My little sister could have cared less, but didn't vote for Bush. Also a Liberal Arts U of O grad (Sheesh, what is up with this damn Liberal College???)

Everyone else in my family is Republican. Dad and stepmom, Mom and stepdad, and little bro. All my family is White, but not Christian by much of a stretch.

My mother-in-law is white, Catholic, somewhat pro-life, and she actually cringed when she found out all her kids were voting for Bush. There are many people in this rural Ohio area who are Democrats by heritage, and they vote that way, even if they don't agree with the dem position on issues. It's just total mindlessness. They don't believe you if you tell them what the dem's stand for. "My daddy votes democrat, and so do I!" "Democrat is for the workin' man!" That's a lot of what you hear in this area.

Gabriella84 said:
Sounds like a Bush speech prior to the invasion of Iraq. :funnyface

Idiot. Is this your only frame of reference? You remind me of the little mechanical wind-up monkey who bashes a pair of cymbals together. Like you, he only knows one tune - and it gets pretty damned monotonous after a VERY short while.

Merlin1047 said:
Idiot. Is this your only frame of reference? You remind me of the little mechanical wind-up monkey who bashes a pair of cymbals together. Like you, he only knows one tune - and it gets pretty damned monotonous after a VERY short while.

Merlin, obviously you need to go back and review the rules of the message board that you are posting on:

Overuse of personal attacks as a method of debate is detrimental to the board.

Forum List

Back