Greetings from Zimbabwe

Oct 6, 2009
Hello forumites.

I am a businessman / engineer living in Zimbabwe and I have been very active on Zimbabwe based forums for the last 5 years. Unfortunately with the advent of a non-democratic Government of National Unity the spark and fire has gone out of all political debate here.

As I have a wide range of interests and a reasonable set of opinions I think I will find participation here on your Forum both stimulating and educational.

Thank you.

Hello Mate !

Welcome to the community .. Hope you'll find it much interesting and will let us know about the experiences of yours life in Zimbabwe .. :)

Welcome once again ..

Hello forumites.

I am a businessman / engineer living in Zimbabwe and I have been very active on Zimbabwe based forums for the last 5 years. Unfortunately with the advent of a non-democratic Government of National Unity the spark and fire has gone out of all political debate here.

As I have a wide range of interests and a reasonable set of opinions I think I will find participation here on your Forum both stimulating and educational.

Thank you.

Are you a troll? Please, we don't need any more.............:cool:

Thanks for the (mostly ) warm welcome people.

First off let me reassure you I am not a troll in any way at all. I just find most political and current affairs interesting and I have my own perspective on most stuff. The political issues you deal with on here seem so "normal" and very far removed from our situation in Zimbabwe. You are concerned about what your government spends money on, here we don't have any money to speak of and none of our own. We use your American Dollars for everything and there are very few, possibly $100m in total circulation.

My broad band is satellite based so I am able to bypass all of the controls and spying that the Mugabe regime apply to everything that goes through the state telecomms monopoly. I mention this because we only have state controlled media, TV , Radio and daily newspapers. The three "independent" weekly newspapers are very strictly controlled and one of them is owned by Mugabe's "bag-man".

I guess I am politically right of center, that comes with getting older I guess as at university I was your standard liberal with nothing to lose. Socially my stance is quite liberal, with a small l, pretty much live and let live. Financially strongly conservative because I am living with the results of fiscal stupidity.

Oh , and I am white if that has any relevance, having lived here in Rhodesia and then Zimbabwe almost all my life. There are about 20 000 like me here in a population of around 10 million which is quite interesting as this is an officially racist country where white folk are not allowed to be farmers or to own their own businesses beyond a 49% shareholding. There are ways to get around most of the negative stuff though.

The weather, scenery and wild game is beyond compare and being an ultralight pilot this place is perfect and very unregulated.

That's all folks, but I am happy to answer questions about the place and I am enjoying catching up on all your threads.

Well, I was a little bit leery because you talked about the Non-unity govt that includes Tsvangirai as non-democratic, which suggested to me the previous govt (without him) was democratic, when clearly it wasn't.

As soon as Joshua Nkomo and Bishop Muzurewa went south, so did the country...

Hope Mugabe dies soon and the rest of the country can once again be considered the bread basket of Africa.....

My broad band is satellite based so I am able to bypass all of the controls and spying that the Mugabe regime apply to everything that goes through the state telecomms monopoly. I mention this because we only have state controlled media, TV , Radio and daily newspapers. The three "independent" weekly newspapers are very strictly controlled and one of them is owned by Mugabe's "bag-man".

I guess I am politically right of center, that comes with getting older I guess as at university I was your standard liberal with nothing to lose. Socially my stance is quite liberal, with a small l, pretty much live and let live. Financially strongly conservative because I am living with the results of fiscal stupidity.

Oh , and I am white if that has any relevance, having lived here in Rhodesia and then Zimbabwe almost all my life. There are about 20 000 like me here in a population of around 10 million which is quite interesting as this is an officially racist country where white folk are not allowed to be farmers or to own their own businesses beyond a 49% shareholding. There are ways to get around most of the negative stuff though.

The weather, scenery and wild game is beyond compare and being an ultralight pilot this place is perfect and very unregulated.

That's all folks, but I am happy to answer questions about the place and I am enjoying catching up on all your threads.

Funny how the UN and the bigoted countries will only focus on Israel who provides equal rights including voting rights to all its citizens regards of race, color or religion, but they will ignore Zimbabwe who systematically took away all the white owned farms and brutally discriminates on their minorities. Ironically South Africa does the same! They have affirmative action for the majority and have enacted many pograms against the white minority. Affirmative action is controversial for the minority but its outright oppression when its enacted for the majority! Where is Gadafi on the white plight in Zimbabwe and South Africa? Fricking hypocrites!

Hello forumites.

Thank you.
Welcome.

What is your discipline...engineering wise? Why do you remain in Zimbabwe?

Typical zionist response to every subject:

"Work Israel into the conversation and then claim anti-semitism"

GHook, we would all like to hear his point of view about Zimbabwe and it's political situation.

Not the same old tripe about Israel and how the jews are being picked on by everyone.

Give it a rest :evil:

Last edited:

GHook, we would all like to hear his point of view about Zimbabwe and it's political situation.

Not the same old tripe about Israel and how the jews are being picked on by everyone.

It appears to me that GHook was speaking of the situation in Zimbabwe and the ignoring of it by supposedly compassionate, fair people...calling them hypocrits for ignoring Zimbabwe. How does that constitute griping about the treatment of Jewish people. Did you misread his post?

Last edited:

Go fuck yourself Sunni! This is the first time you have ever wanted to discuss the Racist policies of Zimbabwe systematically taking PRIVATE PROPERTY, allowing whites to be raped and murdered with no recourse and not allowing their minorities (their "*******") to start businesses, get jobs or work in the government! Zimbabwe is by far one of the most repressive on the planet, yet a bigot like you will focus your bigotry and blind hatred on one country that need not be named!

Hello forumites.

Thank you.

Was the inflation of the Zimbabwe currency as bad as reported?

What is it like being a white man in Zimbabwe, is it like being a black man in late 1800s?

It appears to me that GHook was speaking of the situation in Zimbabwe and the ignoring of it by supposedly compassionate, fair people...calling them hypocrits for ignoring Zimbabwe. How does that constitute griping about the treatment of Jewish people. Did you misread his post?

Thank you! I actually really want to hear about Zimbabwe from a white man on the ground! Because it gets ignored by the media, rights groups, Europe and the politicians. Yet I can't imagine a more racist goverment with more racist pograms going under the radar, unless it was an African country! I think it falls under the radar because Zimbabweans are primarily black and Americans still have slavery guilt and Europe has colonialism guilt, the rest of Africa is either just as brutal or has problems of their own, the Arabs only care about the Jews, China only cares about making profits and Russia just doesn't care! However, the Plight of the White Zimbabwean is nothing less than the worst type of racist oppession!

Funny how the UN and the bigoted countries will only focus on Israel

My mistake, I thought GHook had brought up Israel :doubt:

the rest of Africa is either just as brutal or has problems of their own, the Arabs only care about the Jews,

My mistake again, for thinking that GHook works the jews or Israel into just about every post :doubt:

My mistake, thinking Sunni Man had something worth saying.

Apparently, there's a chip on Sunni's shoulder that blinds him to the real intent of Ghook's posts. It seems to be there due to adolescence. I wonder if he'll ever reach puberty and become a real man.

Awww that was cute the way stick up for GHook asaratis

Looks like Ghook has his own personal groupie :lol:
I'm not "sticking up" for anyone in particular...just pointing out the error of your interpretation of what one poster says and expressing my opinion as to why you are shooting from the hip...and missing.

I don't know Ghook from Adam's house cat and have no reason to "stick up" for him. Rationalize as you will. You still misread his posts.

Forum List

Back