Greetings From The Republic Of Kalifornia

• Thread starter Deleted member 61768
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 61768

I am one of the lone voices in a sea of liberalism that grew up as a conservative Democrat but was driven out of that political party when it was taken over by the ultra-left Progressives when I lived in Texas. I grew in Arkansas and witnessed first hand school integration as I was there. It never ceases to amaze me how the history of those events have been re-written. I started as a history major in college but changed to psychology and sociology. I missed having a double major by 2 hours so my major ended being just psychology with minors in sociology and military science.

Yes, I was in ROTC and not just regular ROTC but at that time the U.S. Army had the Special Forces set up "Counter Insurgency Units" inside selected universities across the USA. I was one of those selected for those units so I spent my last three years in college and in ROTC being trained not just in the regular ROTC program but also by the Green Berets in " counter guerrilla warfare tactics and operations". "We were taught to do to the Viet Cong what the Viet Cong does to everyone else" quoting the Major in charge of our training. I was selected out of a 2000 man cadet corp also for one of the two full military scholarships the U.S. Army awarded each year. My father had been a First Sgt. during World War II also. I tell you this in order to give you a small window into my background and mindset. Much has happened to me to affect my mindset but that is the base. Other than I am also an Eagle Scout that achieved high rank in my area.

I held expert ranking with an M14, M16, and the Colt 1911

I am one of the lone voices in a sea of liberalism that grew up as a conservative Democrat but was driven out of that political party when it was taken over by the ultra-left Progressives when I lived in Texas. I grew in Arkansas and witnessed first hand school integration as I was there. It never ceases to amaze me how the history of those events have been re-written. I started as a history major in college but changed to psychology and sociology. I missed having a double major by 2 hours so my major ended being just psychology with minors in sociology and military science.

Yes, I was in ROTC and not just regular ROTC but at that time the U.S. Army had the Special Forces set up "Counter Insurgency Units" inside selected universities across the USA. I was one of those selected for those units so I spent my last three years in college and in ROTC being trained not just in the regular ROTC program but also by the Green Berets in " counter guerrilla warfare tactics and operations". "We were taught to do to the Viet Cong what the Viet Cong does to everyone else" quoting the Major in charge of our training. I was selected out of a 2000 man cadet corp also for one of the two full military scholarships the U.S. Army awarded each year. My father had been a First Sgt. during World War II also. I tell you this in order to give you a small window into my background and mindset. Much has happened to me to affect my mindset but that is the base. Other than I am also an Eagle Scout that achieved high rank in my area.

I held expert ranking with an M14, M16, and the Colt 1911
Cool story, bro.

Welcome! Doesn't sound like you need any warning. You come well prepped. :2up:

Forum List

Back