Greetings from the Pacific Northwest!!

Ping

Rookie
Apr 12, 2012
Hello Everyone!

I go by the nickname of PING. I am delighted to have found this messageboard where we have the ability to share thoughts and opinions with each other.

ABOUT MYSELF ~ My Father was career Army and I grew up in Japan many years ago, then I was married to a career Army officer for 30 years. We had 2 boys and then adopted a baby from Korea. Some years later we were stationed in Korea at a time when we'd already decided to adopt a second daughter.

While in Korea we were stationed at Yonsan Army Base in Seoul where I was the Director of the Orphanage Outreach Program. During our last 2 years in Korea we adopted girls individually at the ages of 5 years, 10 years, 11 years and the last one was 15 years old and in the 10th grade. Though they didn't speak English when adopted, it never was a big problem and within six months their English was all but perfected. Three remain bilingual which delights me!

My children are grown now and my greatest regret is not having adopted more kids. It's such a wonderful, rewarding experience and I love having an active household filled with kids.

Now I live on 4 acres with half of it forested and foster elderly dogs for a rescue organization. I prefer to foster the ones they refer to as their 'final refuge' dogs. They're the ones whose health doesn't make them good candidates for adoption so they're with me to the end. The rescue group pays all medical bills and provides all meds free. I simply have to feed them and love them. How lucky am I!

My desire is to learn kayking, beekeeping and to take some oil painting classes.

This part of the US is a wonderful place to live!! The best part is that it's always GREEN and I never again have to worry about terrible extremes in the weather. Whew!

Regards...Ping :redface:

Last edited:
Welcome to the best little political insane asylum on the internet. All rooms come complete with plush padding and all the beds had straps to keep our inmates... uummm, errrr. members from falling out of them.
Everyone even gets their very own dinner jacket.

straight20jacket20cotton20webbin-1.gif

Well, I have to start getting the medications ready and the day room should be open soon.
Enjoy!!

Sounds like you have had a wonderful life and have done wonderful things for the people around you with it, too.

Two generations of military career officer incomes tends to offer some of us that sort of life, I suppose.

Where in Japan, Ping?

I grew up in Tokyo, Yokohamma and the northern most island of Hokkaido. Thirty years later we'd arrived at Kimbo Airport in Seoul and were being driven through town to Yongsan Army Base. I was mesmerized by all the sights and sounds and smells and said to my family, 'Ahhh, I feel like I'm HOME!' It so reminded me of Japan.

Ping :)

Hello Everyone!

I go by the nickname of PING. I am delighted to have found this messageboard where we have the ability to share thoughts and opinions with each other.

ABOUT MYSELF ~ My Father was career Army and I grew up in Japan many years ago, then I was married to a career Army officer for 30 years. We had 2 boys and then adopted a baby from Korea. Some years later we were stationed in Korea at a time when we'd already decided to adopt a second daughter.

While in Korea we were stationed at Yonsan Army Base in Seoul where I was the Director of the Orphanage Outreach Program. During our last 2 years in Korea we adopted girls individually at the ages of 5 years, 10 years, 11 years and the last one was 15 years old and in the 10th grade. Though they didn't speak English when adopted, it never was a big problem and within six months their English was all but perfected. Three remain bilingual which delights me!

My children are grown now and my greatest regret is not having adopted more kids. It's such a wonderful, rewarding experience and I love having an active household filled with kids.

Now I live on 4 acres with half of it forested and foster elderly dogs for a rescue organization. I prefer to foster the ones they refer to as their 'final refuge' dogs. They're the ones whose health doesn't make them good candidates for adoption so they're with me to the end. The rescue group pays all medical bills and provides all meds free. I simply have to feed them and love them. How lucky am I!

My desire is to learn kayking, beekeeping and to take some oil painting classes.

This part of the US is a wonderful place to live!! The best part is that it's always GREEN and I never again have to worry about terrible extremes in the weather. Whew!

Welcome to USMB, Ping. Hope you enjoy the boards. :)

Hello Everyone!

Welcome! I too am from the Pacific Northwest, Western Washington. It is beautiful here, isn't it?

Hello Everyone!

This part of the US is a wonderful place to live!! The best part is that it's always GREEN and I never again have to worry about terrible extremes in the weather.Whew!

Welcome to the USMB forums Ping. Good weather is a grand thing. We've got the sun out today and it's nice here as well.

We've a fine Coffee Shop and Tavern here for you to slide right into.

Sounds like you have had a wonderful life and have done wonderful things for the people around you with it, too.

Two generations of military career officer incomes tends to offer some of us that sort of life, I suppose.

Two incomes? Not us. I was a stay-at-home Mother raising 7 kids....but I sure did love it!

Hello Everyone!

Greetings, Ping! I hope you bookmark us and visit often. :)

:wtf:

Two incomes? Not us. I was a stay-at-home Mother raising 7 kids....but I sure did love it!

He said two generations; your father was career army.

Welcome! I too am from the Pacific Northwest, Western Washington. It is beautiful here, isn't it?[/QUOTE]

You betcha! I've spent almost 45 years traveled and living in areas throughout the US and abroad. When it came to settling down I chose Washington state. What's so great about it is knowing I'll live the rest of my life without having to contend with terrible extremes in the summer and winter. Whew!! :eusa_drool:

Forum List

Back