Greetings from the Netherlands

I think you need to define a right first.

My inspiration for the nature/personal rights is John Locke's "Two Treatise on Government" (which is the foundation for modern forms of democracy and for the Constitution of the United States.)
And at the first sight the property tax is a wonderful tax.
In a nutshell; Everyone pays a fair share in the costs of the public services (beautiful), it's John Locke's way to accept that there is a government.
But the government can never ask more then it needs. If so the governments violates your right on personal property.
In my research paper I'm trying to find out if the property tax in the United States is a fair tax.

In your own words what is a right? Then once you do that you have to understand the nature of land use. Different rules apply to agricultural land then commerical for example. What is the relative worth of one property to another? There is much to learn and define before you ask the question you want answered.

I think you need to define a right first.

My inspiration for the nature/personal rights is John Locke's "Two Treatise on Government" (which is the foundation for modern forms of democracy and for the Constitution of the United States.)
And at the first sight the property tax is a wonderful tax.
In a nutshell; Everyone pays a fair share in the costs of the public services (beautiful), it's John Locke's way to accept that there is a government.
But the government can never ask more then it needs. If so the governments violates your right on personal property.
In my research paper I'm trying to find out if the property tax in the United States is a fair tax.

There is an appeal process for property owners who feel that the government has asked for more than it needs. I have on occasion made such appeals and ultimately achieved a reduction in taxes. We are not without voice in our country, we are more often heard than not, and redress and compense are duly afforded.

Forum List

Back