Greetings from Lima, Peru

I didn't eat it. My Peruvian sister in law said it's amazing.

not that i'd ever try it. lol..

My special lady friend went to Peru last year and, though usually an adventurous sort, she didn't eat the guinnea pig. I, however, am kinda curious. Though, not curious enough to go grocery shopping down at the local pet store.

Another thing in Peru.. all the cocoa leaves. She brought back teas and candies and all kinds of oils and such with a cocoa base, to my shock given what they produce...

I was watching The Motorcycle Diaries with her over new years (good movie even if the che haters don't think so) and she'd actually been to almost every Peruvian location where scenes were shot. Very cool.

I thought it was a great place. We went for my brother's wedding which was huge fun. But no cuy (guinea pig) was served. I didn't even know about it til we were watching Anthony Bourdain a few weeks ago. But it's supposedly very good. I don't eat cute food though and I have problems eating stuff that looks like it did when it was alive. :redface:

According to Bourdain, the coca leaves help with altitude sickness. Its chewed a lot as you get up higher near Macchu Piccu. Interesting for sure. But it didn't seem that people got high from it.

I haven't seen Motorcycle Diaries. I hear it's a good flick, though. Neat that your lady friend got to see all those places. I'd love to go back and have the time to really see the country.

In Extreme Cuisine with Jeff Corwin on the Food Network, he eats Guinea Pig. I remember him loving it.

My special lady friend went to Peru last year and, though usually an adventurous sort, she didn't eat the guinnea pig. I, however, am kinda curious. Though, not curious enough to go grocery shopping down at the local pet store.

Another thing in Peru.. all the cocoa leaves. She brought back teas and candies and all kinds of oils and such with a cocoa base, to my shock given what they produce...

I was watching The Motorcycle Diaries with her over new years (good movie even if the che haters don't think so) and she'd actually been to almost every Peruvian location where scenes were shot. Very cool.

I thought it was a great place. We went for my brother's wedding which was huge fun. But no cuy (guinea pig) was served. I didn't even know about it til we were watching Anthony Bourdain a few weeks ago. But it's supposedly very good. I don't eat cute food though and I have problems eating stuff that looks like it did when it was alive. :redface:

According to Bourdain, the coca leaves help with altitude sickness. Its chewed a lot as you get up higher near Macchu Piccu. Interesting for sure. But it didn't seem that people got high from it.

I haven't seen Motorcycle Diaries. I hear it's a good flick, though. Neat that your lady friend got to see all those places. I'd love to go back and have the time to really see the country.

In Extreme Cuisine with Jeff Corwin on the Food Network, he eats Guinea Pig. I remember him loving it.
Was it dead or did it just have its little legs spread wide open? I ate a woman one night and she said it was good.

Forum List

Back