greetings from GoNuclear

Have you seen Drugstore Cowboys?

No, never seen that one.

Since about 5 years ago, when we had our 2nd, I haven't had much time for movies.

Now Spongebob, The Wiggles, Hannah Montana, iCarly, Suite Life on Deck.....I'm pretty much up to speed on those.

Just realize that movie came out in '89.

So that also explains it. I wasn't allowed to watch those kind of movies when I was a kid.

Most movies from 1991 through 2003 I'm pretty well versed in. Before and after those dates, I know the heavy hitters, but not some of the smaller releases.

Yeah, I watched Drugstore Cowboy later on.

My parents didn't really censor my movies, and look at me, I am non violent. Of course I was afraid of Freddy, well I am still scared of him. If it was a sex scene my parents made me cover my eyes. And I didn't know you couldn't have sex with underwear on until I was 12. :lol:

There was a movie that came out that I was impressed with for the plot. It was called Identity. I didn't care for the very end much but the rest of the movie was neat.

Greetings to fellow netizens, I go by the handle GoNuclear. I have also been known to go by the handle RedPill. I have come here seeking a new home in cyberspace, it was simply time to move on from the two boards that I was on that were too specialized and therefore too limiting.

I am a monetary realist, an expert at trivia from the following movies ... The Godfather, The Matrix, and Full Metal Jacket, a former submariner, and a currency speculator.

There was a time when I had a political opinion about everything ... now I really only have one issue with government, and that is lack of full disclosure on a number of issues, including Social Security, the income tax, and anything that involves "registration", in that there is generally no disclosure that the process involves at least a partial transfer of title.

Some would say that I am a so-called "conspiracy theorist" ... I would say that I simply that govt. lacks credibility with me. Furthermore, the question I always ask of information is how useful is it to me.

Pete

You're an expert about social security?

Tell us what you know about it.

My parents didn't really censor my movies, and look at me, I am non violent. Of course I was afraid of Freddy, well I am still scared of him. If it was a sex scene my parents made me cover my eyes. And I didn't know you couldn't have sex with underwear on until I was 12. :lol:

When I turned 18, I went and rented all the movies my parents wouldn't let me see growing up.

All the Friday the 13ths, All the Nightmare on Elm Streets, all Hellraisers, The Exorcist, etc.

'Course, by that time the special effects were a bit outdated, so they were more humorous than scary.

Greetings to fellow netizens, I go by the handle GoNuclear. I have also been known to go by the handle RedPill. I have come here seeking a new home in cyberspace, it was simply time to move on from the two boards that I was on that were too specialized and therefore too limiting.

I am a monetary realist, an expert at trivia from the following movies ... The Godfather, The Matrix, and Full Metal Jacket, a former submariner, and a currency speculator.

There was a time when I had a political opinion about everything ... now I really only have one issue with government, and that is lack of full disclosure on a number of issues, including Social Security, the income tax, and anything that involves "registration", in that there is generally no disclosure that the process involves at least a partial transfer of title.

Some would say that I am a so-called "conspiracy theorist" ... I would say that I simply that govt. lacks credibility with me. Furthermore, the question I always ask of information is how useful is it to me.

Pete

You're an expert about social security?

Tell us what you know about it.

It sucks.

Anything else you wish to know?

When I turned 18, I went and rented all the movies my parents wouldn't let me see growing up.

All the Friday the 13ths, All the Nightmare on Elm Streets, all Hellraisers, The Exorcist, etc.

'Course, by that time the special effects were a bit outdated, so they were more humorous than scary.
Vin Winston's or whatever Claymation Christmas special still has the best special effects for that time period. :lol:
My parents let me watch whatever. They both worked, and my brothers and sister babysat, there was nothing they could do about it. I was watching Mtv at eight and True Colors or whatever, the one with Sean Penn and Robert Duvall.
My parents always believed they shouldn't censor me, because there wasn't a point. Of course I watched Friday the 13th and Freddy at young age. I am still afraid of the dark, and I hate swimming in lakes.
I was the sixth child, they learned there was no point in sheltering me. I was sheltered, but not when it came to pop culture and movies.
I also didn't know that sex was all about "humping" until I watched Boys in the Hood at thirteen. We were also allowed to watch the Box in junior high, and we even showed my dad the Put em on the glass video. My dad loved it. :lol:

Vin Winston's or whatever Claymation Christmas special still has the best special effects for that time period. :lol:
My parents let me watch whatever. They both worked, and my brothers and sister babysat, there was nothing they could do about it. I was watching Mtv at eight and True Colors or whatever, the one with Sean Penn and Robert Duvall.
My parents always believed they shouldn't censor me, because there wasn't a point. Of course I watched Friday the 13th and Freddy at young age. I am still afraid of the dark, and I hate swimming in lakes.
I was the sixth child, they learned there was no point in sheltering me. I was sheltered, but not when it came to pop culture and movies.
I also didn't know that sex was all about "humping" until I watched Boys in the Hood at thirteen. We were also allowed to watch the Box in junior high, and we even showed my dad the Put em on the glass video. My dad loved it. :lol:

Yeah, I was the oldest, so my parents always tried to shelter me.

Backfired of course, because as soon as I could I went out and did nearly everything that I wasn't supposed to.

My dad sheltered my oldest brother probably for awhile, but not in high school. We were all good kids, so they gave us freedom. My dad's kids didn't really have curfews, but were always home at a reasonable time, and they didn't get trouble for drinking. I had a curfew but never got grounded the few times I broke it.
I actually called my parents once and told them I wasn't okay to drive, I even had their car. I hated coming home drunk, because instead of grilling me when I got home, my mom would talk to me about random stuff, with me sweating the whole time.
Funniest night, was the time my brother who went out separately both came home stoned. And we both sat down and ate huge bowls of cereal. We were at the stage where we were both paranoid, and my mom stayed up talking to us.
My parents also found my brothers bongs and weed plant, instead of grounding him, they made him throw away the bongs, and put weed killer on the plant. My brother did get away with a lot more though. He was shot his senior year, and my parents decided it was better for him to get everything out him then, instead of later. He had a lot of anger, and started drinking a lot and smoking pot. My mom even found a mirror and coke. My mom let him know she was disappointed, but he didn't get in trouble.
My brother has a good job and family now.

Welcome. Hope this place meets even your wildest expectations... You told us everything except for your blood type.

My family does sweep problems under the rug though. I just found out my grandfather smoked, and had a nervous break down when he lost his retirement during the Reagan years.

Forum List

Back