Greetings from Finland

is it true Fins are all horrible drunkards

Perhaps the source of their honor?

Sober people are dangerous people. Hitler loved tea, his own ego and a German Sheppard or two.

Churchill drank like a, well like a Churchill.

God bless him.

Alcohol now Finland's top killer

Alcohol has become the leading cause of death in Finland for men, and is a close second for women, a study says.
Figures for 2005 released by the state statistics agency showed alcohol killed more people aged 15 to 64 than cardiovascular disease or cancer.

BBC NEWS | Europe | Alcohol now Finland's top killer

Ah!, now I get it.

I was wodering if a "horrible drunkard" was someone who just wasn't that good at it or someone who did it to excess. Now I see. If you die while doing something, you're probably just not that good at it. Like a horrible pilot or a horrible curler.

Are there examples of Finns drinking who don't actually die but only get bruised or bloodied? I suppose these folks would be defined more as untrained or novice.

I know that in the US, there are many examples of this and usually, those in the area are alerted by the phrase, "Hey, you guys, watch this!" The outcomes would probably be the definer between horrible, untrained and novice.

Welcome to USMB. I don't think I could get used to the sun on the horizon from April through late August. I would either have a very long breakfast thinking it was morning or a lot of time to catch a great sunset on film or Mem Stick. :lol:

Have fun and enjoy.

Best thing to ever come out of Finland

zappa1.jpg

Welcome to USMB. I don't think I could get used to the sun on the horizon from April through late August. I would either have a very long breakfast thinking it was morning or a lot of time to catch a great sunset on film or Mem Stick. :lol:

Have fun and enjoy.

It's not easy, that's for sure.

The best solution I've found is going to Egypt for New Year!

Have fun and enjoy.

It's not easy, that's for sure.

The best solution I've found is going to Egypt for New Year!

Yes Egypt or in the resort town of Eilat Israel right at the tip where Egypt and Israel meet. I have friends there I talk to a lot.
Or Baghdad, a nice place NOT to visit at present. A few friends there also, civilians, giving up their 'comfort zones' here in the USA to serve over there. Funny, I just talked to one of them in Baghdad not more than one hour ago.

Eilat is ok, I suppose. Ditto Aqaba on the Jordan side.

But Dahab and Sharm el Sheikh have better diving and snorkelling, although it is an ugly town.

They are all nice in winter, because they are just too damn hot in summer. I was in Aqaba once when it was 46C, which is hard work.

Forum List

Back