Greetings from Central NY

A new friend of mine introduced me to this site. I'm from Central NY. Syracuse/Utica Rome area. I teach at a local college. Playing drums, listening to music and riding my Harley are the things I do in my spare time. Like most people I have a lot of different opinions on a lot of various subjects. I'm looking forward to reading peoples posts and jumping in with some of my own.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
welcome-12.gif

Welcome to the Board! There are plenty of opinions expressed here, that's for sure. Considering the current weather situation in western and central NY tonight, I hope you won't be throwing out any "global warming" opinions. :lol:

Brrrrrrrsss.

Hey thanks everyone. I truly appreciate the welcomes. Kat you're terrific. I'm looking forward to taking an active role on the board.

and yes the weather outside is frightful!! Everyone have a great day!

Oh and sorry about the huge font. It didn't show how big it was until I posted it then wouldn't let me change it.

I'm not from central NY and I play collage, ride drums and teach Harley all the time.
Welcome anyway........ :D

A new friend of mine introduced me to this site. I'm from Central NY. Syracuse/Utica Rome area. I teach at a local college. Playing drums, listening to music and riding my Harley are the things I do in my spare time. Like most people I have a lot of different opinions on a lot of various subjects. I'm looking forward to reading peoples posts and jumping in with some of my own.

Hey drummer...beat it!

Eight beats to the bar might be a nice way to start.

Welcome...ever take your Harley up Route 81 to the Thousand Islands?

Pine Tree Point Resort, Alexandria Bay is a great place to stay. Then make reservations at the Clipper Inn for dinner...head west on Route 12 towards Clayton.

Yes that's a nice ride. The group I ride with usually go up there at least once every summer. A few years ago the band I was playing with played biker weekend. Now that was interesting!!

Some kid on a crotch rocket doing a wheelie through an intersection on main street lost control of his bike and slid into a group of bikes owned by a motorcycle club who shall remain nameless. when the cops got there, they had hid his bike and him and told the cops they didn't know what happened. I never heard another word.

Yes that's a nice ride. The group I ride with usually go up there at least once every summer. A few years ago the band I was playing with played biker weekend. Now that was interesting!!

Some kid on a crotch rocket doing a wheelie through an intersection on main street lost control of his bike and slid into a group of bikes owned by a motorcycle club who shall remain nameless. when the cops got there, they had hid his bike and him and told the cops they didn't know what happened. I never heard another word.

I've never been there for biker weekend, but I have been there for pirate's weekend. Pine Tree Point is an old resort that has been converted to a motel. The rooms were in need of updating when I was there years ago, but the view, grounds and location make up for it. You can see Boldt Castle through the restaurant windows and your room window (if you have a river side room). In the early morning when the river is calm, you see Boldt Castle and a perfect reflection of it in the river.

The food at the Clipper Inn is really awesome (great chef) and the prices are reasonable. Prices go down the more you go towards Clayton and Cape Vincent.

I was a Caterpillar rep for years. I worked for a dealer based in Syracuse (Syracuse Supply). The company used to rent a house on Wolfe Island and we would take customers there for a fishing trip.

table-next-to-window.jpg

PA070013_JPG.jpg

36944_132698643420022_132666183423268_236264_4200953_n.jpg

36644_132832980073255_132666183423268_237008_807250_n.jpg

34141_132839006739319_132666183423268_237043_8108645_n.jpg

34141_132839000072653_132666183423268_237042_6438411_n.jpg

Welcome!!

BTW, did you hear about the drummer who graduated from High School?

Neither did I :razz:

Forum List

Back