Greetings from a USMC dad

welcome-comments-105.gif

Welcome, And thank your son for his service those guys are true heros although he should have joined the better half if you know what I mean.

He did, the USMC... there is no better.

An old Sailor and an old Marine were sitting at the VFW arguing about who'd had the tougher career.

"I did 30 years in the Corps," the Marine declared proudly, "and fought in three of my country's wars. Fresh out of boot camp I hit the beach at Okinawa, clawed my way up the blood-soaked sand, and eventually took out an entire enemy machine gun nest with a single grenade.

"As a sergeant, I fought in Korea alongside General MacArthur. We pushed back the enemy inch by bloody inch all the way up to the Chinese border, always under a barrage of artillery and small arms fire.

"Finally, as a gunny sergeant, I did three consecutive combat tours in Vietnam. We humped through the mud and razorgrass for 14 hours a day, plagued by rain and mosquitoes, ducking under sniper fire all day and mortar fire all night. In a firefight, we'd fire until our arms ached and our guns were empty, then we'd charge the enemy with bayonets!"

"Ah," said the Sailor with a dismissive wave of his hand. "All shore duty, huh?"

Welcome!

You will learn a lot from the Conservatives and laugh heartily at the Liberals.

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. My son served two tours in Iraq prior to leaving the Marine Corps. Great message board you all have here, I hope I can participate and add a little something.
Glad to have you on board and glad to hear MeatHead made it home in one piece.
Tell him to apply as fast as he can to Wackenhut. There are 100,000 more applications coming in right behind him. First come-first serve, just like B.K. Diner. ( another place to apply, just in case plan A doesn't work)

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. My son served two tours in Iraq prior to leaving the Marine Corps. Great message board you all have here, I hope I can participate and add a little something.

Welcome! Thanks from a former sailor for your son's service and your own sacrifice being a family member of a serviceman during war. I come from a long family line of military service.

Forum List

Back