Greenspan backs bank nationalisation

YOU ARE DEAD WRONG.

It was deregulation that caused this.

Don't worry about kevin. The market will never be free enough for him.

And even if you are right, he won't admit it. Not for weeks anyways. And you'll have to catch him admitting it to someone else. Had I not read his reply to Jillian, I would never know that Kevin was just jerking me off......with sandpaper. :lol:

You still haven't been right yet. You're too incoherent to be right. Jillian had to come in and make sense out of your nonsense.

:eusa_liar:

We did see it coming. We were telling you ever since 2004. We pointed to the trade deficit, wages, jobs going overseas, illegals, unemployment, cost of living, home values, etc.

You pointed to the stock market and corporate earnings and said things were fine.

Mitt Romney said Michigan was in a one state recession and McCain said the fundamentals of our economy were strong.

WRONG!

This alone should prove you are wrong. Remember we were telling you that illegal immigrants were a problem? Remember your argument in defense of illegals?

You said they were doing JOBS AMERICANS WOULDN"T DO!!!!!

So back when your party ran the government, we were complaining about illegals and YOUR response was for us to fuck off because those people were doing jobs we wouldn't do.

But the fact was, they were taking jobs Americans would do. But the illegal employers who tend to vote GOP were happy paying slave wages and zero healthcare benefits.

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but remember how I say Republicans always want to privatize profits and socialize the losses? This is another example. All those illegal aliens going to the emergency room for healthcare. You know those people? Well how nice of you to provide those illegal employers with free healtcare for all their employees.

Yet you don't want to give real Americans free healthcare? :cuckoo: Makes no sense.

I know this is a hard concept for you, but I am not a Republican.

Then quit sucking on Ron Paul's tit.

Bob Barr is your man? You think that party wouldn't be totally and completely corrupted within a week of power? :lol::cuckoo:

You are out of your mind. Barr was and still is in the GOP. Libertarians are just a branch of the GOP. Like the marines are part of the navy.

If you think the Libertarian Party is an accurate representation of Libertarianism you are wrong. Also, Libertarians are not Republicans.

70th United States Congress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just so everyone remembers.

The 70th congress was a republican congress and we had a Republican president.

They watched as our economic system collapsed back then too.

They they did too little too late.

FDR pulled us out of it with a stimulus program.

Its just a little bit of hisotry repeting folks.

Actually the Fed caused the Great Depression as well as our current recession, and FDR only prolonged the Great Depression just as Obama seems poised to do with this one.

Actually the Fed caused the Great Depression as well as our current recession, and FDR only prolonged the Great Depression just as Obama seems poised to do with this one.

non intervention led to the depression.

The only policy that seems to have been problematic insofar as FDR were the wage/price controls. It's pretty uniformly agreed that the New Deal helped and didn't hurt.

The only policy that seems to have been problematic insofar as FDR were the wage/price controls. It's pretty uniformly agreed that the New Deal helped and didn't hurt.

Since the Fed is not a non-interventionist organization I don't see how that could be.

You are in the minority who believe this. Dont expect people who have actually talked to realitives who lived it to help you rewrite the history.

It was the inaction of two completetly republican governments that caused both to happen.

FDR pulled us out ( rewite all you want people will not buy it) and Obama will do the same.

The Rs will be a tiny party for most of the forseeable future.

The only people re-writing history are those who refuse to see that market intervention only leads to problems.

Indisputable.

Herbert Hoover had four years to deal with the depression. And things only kept getting worse.

FDR came in, and the unemployment rate was cut in half in something like two years. Things got better.

There's a reason FDR is the only american president to win four elections in a row.

Hoover tried a paltry stimulus bill and it failed , FDR came in and beefed it up and added things to it and it worked nearly perfectly.

IT worked and trying to rewrite history to say it didnt worke is pure partisan hackery.

Where is your proof?

Show us any time when unfettered markets were a success?

I've been asking free market extremists this for years, and I can never get an answer.

I've been thinking about this for months, and the only example I can come up with for a nation-state with a weak, small decentralized national government and an unregulated economy is Somalia.

Your right it only works in very small examples.

Its just like communism, it sounds great on paper but people are not paper and when applied to the real world they both turn immediately into something else. They are fantasys.

I actually agree with you here Kevin. They were also responsible for the Guilded Age.

In American history, the Gilded Age refers to major growth in population in the United States and extravagant displays of wealth and excess of America's upper-class during the post-Civil War and post-Reconstruction era, in the late 19th century (1870-1890). The wealth polarization derived primarily from industrial and population expansion. The businessmen of the Second Industrial Revolution created industrial towns and cities in the Northeast with new factories, and contributed to the creation of an ethnically diverse industrial working class which produced the wealth owned by rising super-rich industrialists and financiers such as Cornelius Vanderbilt, John D. Rockefeller, Andrew Carnegie, Henry Flagler, and J.P. Morgan. Their critics called them "robber barons", referring to their use of overpowering and sometimes unethical financial manipulations.

And because of them, there was a small, growing labor union movement, led in part by Samuel Gompers, who created the American Federation of Labor (AFL), founded in 1886. It featured very close contests between the Republicans and Democrats, with occasional third parties. Nearly all the eligible men were political partisans and voter turnout often exceeded 90% in some states.

Every time they push too hard, we have to push back with some kind of revolt or union. The farmers had to revolt, manufacturing had to do it, and soon so will we. So of course the Corporations think we make too much. I would too if I were a business owner. But that doesn't make it true.

So anyways, Kevin is right. The men who own/run/control the Federal Reserve have too much power. If Obama doesn't take away their power, like FDR didn't, then they will just wait a decade or century or until the GOP again run all three branches of government again.

PS. FDR came from money and the rich considered him a traitor to his class. So don't suggest that he could or should have done away with the Federal Reserve. That won't happen until more Americans wake up to the fact that the Fed is a bunch of rich men that own our country.

Permit me to issue and control the money of the nation and I care not who makes its laws. — Mayer Amsched Rothchild, a prominent European banker in the eighteenth century

Forum List

Back