Green party candidate dies after being hit by an SUV while riding a bike

Damn... I mean, there's some major irony here, but it's not that funny when someone dies.

Police say she kept driving nearly four miles to her home, even though Pettigrew's bicycle was still lodged underneath the vehicle.​

:eek: At least she ended up calling the police once she found out it wasn't a deer she hit.
And, the driver had a blown out right front tire.

It happened at 5 AM-ish.

Utterly fishy story.
any alcohol involved?

And, the driver had a blown out right front tire.

It happened at 5 AM-ish.

Utterly fishy story.

Agreed. Just pure speculation here. Maybe right after she hit the bicyclist she was hoping to get away with a hit-and-run. At that time of the day, there wouldn't be that many people on the road to witness it. Adrenaline can screw with the decision-making process. Then once she got back to her house, her conscience took over.

/armchair detective
I don't know either, but it is interesting for those of us who like detective stuff.

It might not be her conscience but the realization that inevitablyshe would be found so she weighed felony murder with leaving the scene and called to cover her butt.

My boyfriend and I think the driver may have been hammered, but the cops did show up, so they may have been able to figure that out. Don't know if MD cops can give a breathalizer to someone who is not behind the wheel.

Then we thought that she may be taking the fall for another driver who was hammered.

It will be interesting to see how this goes.

The victim was reported as critically injured last night at 11. From looking at the SUV, we figured that she might not make it.

Very sad for her family and loved ones.

Good points. It seems so shady to me too because I'm weighing it against what I think I would do. I can't even imagine not slamming the brakes right after the event and getting out to at least check the car, even if I thought it was a deer I hit.

Environmentalists drink?

I saw a guy get squished by a semi in Eugene once. There wasn't much left. He got in the way when the semi was making a left hand turn; apparently he thought the semi could see him, and if he could see him, would yield.

Last I saw of that guy was his feet sticking out between the second and third set of tires behind the cab.

I also know a guy who got a DUII when he got drunk, rode his bike drunk, and collided with a car, breaking his collarbone and doing a lot of damage to the rest of his body.

That's my contribution to this thread. Hope you enjoyed it.

Agreed. Just pure speculation here. Maybe right after she hit the bicyclist she was hoping to get away with a hit-and-run. At that time of the day, there wouldn't be that many people on the road to witness it. Adrenaline can screw with the decision-making process. Then once she got back to her house, her conscience took over.

/armchair detective
I don't know either, but it is interesting for those of us who like detective stuff.

It might not be her conscience but the realization that inevitablyshe would be found so she weighed felony murder with leaving the scene and called to cover her butt.

My boyfriend and I think the driver may have been hammered, but the cops did show up, so they may have been able to figure that out. Don't know if MD cops can give a breathalizer to someone who is not behind the wheel.

Then we thought that she may be taking the fall for another driver who was hammered.

It will be interesting to see how this goes.

The victim was reported as critically injured last night at 11. From looking at the SUV, we figured that she might not make it.

Very sad for her family and loved ones.

Good points. It seems so shady to me too because I'm weighing it against what I think I would do. I can't even imagine not slamming the brakes right after the event and getting out to at least check the car, even if I thought it was a deer I hit.
Yeah, that's the way I look at these sorts of things...what would I do.

I bet the driver did get out to look and then decided to do what she did...drive home. So, then I have to ask under what circumstances would I consider such a decision.

Outside of the sad part of this, sorta fun to speculate, eh?

My boyfriend and I talked quite a bit about it last night and did the same sort of speculating thing .

Sad situation for sure but holy shit whatta coincidence!

It's like a guy standing in Alaska screaming, "This moose piss is fuckin up our eco system! Killin all sorts o' flowers & shit! We need to start exterminatin' them Mooses!" then a moose comes outta nowhere and fucks him up.

UPPER MARLBORO, Md. - A young Green Party candidate running for the U.S. Senate in Maryland who was struck in a hit and run accident while bicycling has died.

Maryland State Police say 30-year-old Natasha Pettigrew died early Tuesday. The Cheverly resident had been struck by an SUV in Prince George's County early Sunday morning.

Green Party Candidate, Natasha Pettigrew, Struck On Bike By SUV Dies

[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]Jne9t8sHpUc[/MEDIA] - Ironic[/ame]
Good! F'ing aholes cost us the Arizona Senate seat. Republicans got 49%, Democrats 48% and Green party got 2% of the vote. Fuck the Green party and anyone in it.

UPPER MARLBORO, Md. - A young Green Party candidate running for the U.S. Senate in Maryland who was struck in a hit and run accident while bicycling has died.

Maryland State Police say 30-year-old Natasha Pettigrew died early Tuesday. The Cheverly resident had been struck by an SUV in Prince George's County early Sunday morning.

Green Party Candidate, Natasha Pettigrew, Struck On Bike By SUV Dies

[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]Jne9t8sHpUc[/MEDIA] - Ironic[/ame]

Hey 15 didn't know you posted here..

Forum List

Back