Green Jobs = Lost Jobs

Three mile....Chernobyl....:eek:

Two incidents, one using experimental equipment, the other a third world city trying to keep up with technology they knew nothing about ... almost 300 active plants in the US since then, not one "accident" ... this is just baseless fear.

List of civilian nuclear accidents - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Over 20 years with no major incidents...thanks for the information.

He does not look at it as ruin. He merely sees collapsing the upper half of the economic strata so nobody at the top is any better off than anyone at the bottom as returning the nation's wealth to its rightful owners.

Well, there are usually 2 sides to every story. And I've been given one side...the conservative side, again. Professor Gabriel Calzada of course is a global climate change skeptic. It's exactly what I expected to find, when I clicked on the link given to me.

Again, I prefer to look at a subject or story from more than one angle. And yes, there have been criticisms of Calzada's research. And just because Bill Clinton makes a statement, that does not mean that every liberal is going to bow down and take it as gospel. He isn't our Rush Limbaugh, or Sean Hannity.

This liberal has to go to bed, as I have to be up at 400 AM. Yes, liberals work too.

It's not a matter of who said it, its a matter that its true. The Spaniards have shed countless jobs due to their green awakening.

So if a conservative new publication publishes a story....IT IS THE TRUTH! And if a liberal news source publishes the information....IT IS ABSOLUTELY FALSE. Right? Let me delve into this 'truth" , and if I'm wrong, and I find no holes and problems with the research....I'll be the first to admit that I am wrong. But if one depends on one bias over the oppositive bias, they aren't getting the full story.

Well, there are usually 2 sides to every story. And I've been given one side...the conservative side, again. Professor Gabriel Calzada of course is a global climate change skeptic. It's exactly what I expected to find, when I clicked on the link given to me.

Again, I prefer to look at a subject or story from more than one angle. And yes, there have been criticisms of Calzada's research. And just because Bill Clinton makes a statement, that does not mean that every liberal is going to bow down and take it as gospel. He isn't our Rush Limbaugh, or Sean Hannity.

This liberal has to go to bed, as I have to be up at 400 AM. Yes, liberals work too.

It's not a matter of who said it, its a matter that its true. The Spaniards have shed countless jobs due to their green awakening.

So if a conservative new publication publishes a story....IT IS THE TRUTH! And if a liberal news source publishes the information....IT IS ABSOLUTELY FALSE. Right? Let me delve into this 'truth" , and if I'm wrong, and I find no holes and problems with the research....I'll be the first to admit that I am wrong. But if one depends on one bias over the oppositive bias, they aren't getting the full story.

Clinton admitted it was true....but you still claim that the report is politically based?

That kind of attitude puts the meaning of HEAD IN THE SAND in true perspective. I wish people would download the documentary "We Were Warned" which is based on a not-so-unbelievable hypothetical situation where the world has two simultaneous crises at once: Oil fields in Saudi Arabia being sabbotaged, and another Cat5 hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico which knocks out not only our own rigs, but the flow of oil through all the pipelines from Mexico and Venezuela. Then see how much of a "fantasy" such a scenario is.

Alternative energy IS the future, people. Wake up.
Wow..Really?

Atlas Shrugged was also based upon the same not-so-unbelievable hypothetical situation....I see the scenarios in that piece of fiction more likely to come to fruition than yours.

Ayn Rand didn't base her scenarios on a future based on GLOBAL connections. Things have changed, a LOT, since she wrote her novels.

How many years and billions of dollars has been spent on Solar technology? Are you even aware?

Who cares? People earn wages trying to figure it out.

You mean money gets taken from the private sector and doled out in research that still hasn't yielded a viable alternative to traditional energy sources.

Apparently big investors don't share your negative views.

A survey of institutional investors representing over $1 trillion in assets, found that 49% are “more likely” or “much more likely” to increase their exposure to clean energy now than they were a year ago. Another 46% said their intentions haven’t changed, and just 5% said they’re “less likely” or “much less likely” to invest more in clean energy.

The optimism professional investors show in this survey demonstrates that despite the financial crisis and economic recession, investment momentum is growing to bridge the financing gap - institutional investors provide crucial long-term global financing for industries that mitigate climate change. (Survey conducted by New Energy Finance and DB Climate Change Advisors, Deutsche Bank’s climate change investment business).

Sustainable Business Releases The State of Green Investing 2009 | The Green Economy Post: Green Careers, Green Jobs, Sustainable Jobs

Who cares? People earn wages trying to figure it out.

You mean money gets taken from the private sector and doled out in research that still hasn't yielded a viable alternative to traditional energy sources.

A survey of institutional investors representing over $1 trillion in assets, found that 49% are “more likely” or “much more likely” to increase their exposure to clean energy now than they were a year ago. Another 46% said their intentions haven’t changed, and just 5% said they’re “less likely” or “much less likely” to invest more in clean energy.

The optimism professional investors show in this survey demonstrates that despite the financial crisis and economic recession, investment momentum is growing to bridge the financing gap - institutional investors provide crucial long-term global financing for industries that mitigate climate change. (Survey conducted by New Energy Finance and DB Climate Change Advisors, Deutsche Bank’s climate change investment business).

Sustainable Business Releases The State of Green Investing 2009 | The Green Economy Post: Green Careers, Green Jobs, Sustainable Jobs

That's one of your smarter posts.....let private investors pay for R&d for alternative energy sources.:clap2:

Instead of government.

That is such bullshit, I don't even know where to begin.

There are plenty of alternative energy sources.

As Buckminster Fuller said, "There isn't an energy crisis. There is only a crisis of ignorance."

We were talking about solar here Chrissypants....Try to focus

How has money been "taken out of" the private sector? Boone Pickens decided to put HIS MONEY where the future lies, rather than oil (or in addition to anyway). Refineries are NOT being built because oil is NOT the energy of the future. If less affluent entrepreneurs need seed money to get going, why not? It wouldn't be the first time in history the U.S. government has jump-started innovative projects. How much technical and even pharmaceutical science has been gained from the multi-billion space programs?

That is such bullshit, I don't even know where to begin.

There are plenty of alternative energy sources.

As Buckminster Fuller said, "There isn't an energy crisis. There is only a crisis of ignorance."

How has money been "taken out of" the private sector? Boone Pickens decided to put HIS MONEY where the future lies, rather than oil (or in addition to anyway). Refineries are NOT being built because oil is NOT the energy of the future. If less affluent entrepreneurs need seed money to get going, why not? It wouldn't be the first time in history the U.S. government has jump-started innovative projects. How much technical and even pharmaceutical science has been gained from the multi-billion space programs?

When was the last time our government had a debt that encompassed 13% of its GDP and had future commitments that would cause bankruptcy?

That's one of your smarter posts.....let private investors pay for R&d for alternative energy sources.:clap2:

Instead of government.

Happy to oblige. You'll note that I'm not biased on many subjects. I hope you will now realize that there is a wealth of information at your fingertips which need to be tapped just a little bit before making wild assumptions. Government DOES need to play a role, however, because as I've said, private investment isn't enough. It apparently wasn't even enough for the existing oil industry, since the U.S. taxpayer subsidized the Big Three for years to support their R&D into alternative energy.

When was the last time our government had a debt that encompassed 13% of its GDP and had future commitments that would cause bankruptcy?

Now you want to make this a generalized thread on GDP? Sorry, I have an appointment and no time for all of that. Start a new thread, and I'll catch you tomorrow.

Instead of government.

Happy to oblige. You'll note that I'm not biased on many subjects. I hope you will now realize that there is a wealth of information at your fingertips which need to be tapped just a little bit before making wild assumptions. Government DOES need to play a role, however, because as I've said, private investment isn't enough. It apparently wasn't even enough for the existing oil industry, since the U.S. taxpayer subsidized the Big Three for years to support their R&D into alternative energy.

Aren't these oxymoronic statements?

Clinton admitted it was true....but you still claim that the report is politically based?

I'll say it again...I don't give a rat's a** what Bill Clinton says. If that is what you are relying on to convince me, then we are going to be at this for a while. It's okay...I used to be brainwashed too.

I'll say it again...I don't give a rat's a** what Bill Clinton says. If that is what you are relying on to convince me, then we are going to be at this for a while. It's okay...I used to be brainwashed too.
Lmao....you are brainwashed

Prove that Green Jobs sponsored by government doesn't eliminate jobs long term then.

So Professor Calzada did this study with the aid of the almighty "Heritage Foundation"!

Fellow collaborators:

1) Robert P. Murphy-a "free-market oriented author" (probably wants no changes because he's afraid that his lifestyle might change), fellow at Pacific Research Institute (conservative think tank), and townhall.com where he allows clowns and psychopaths such as Ann Coulter and Neal Boortz to contribute....that was all I needed to read about him, as I'm convinced that he stopped caring about the common man years ago.

2) Ben Lieberman-senior policy analyst at the Heritage Foundation (those who want to privatize social security, want to teach abstinence which has been proven time and again to be unreliable, and oh I could go on and on as I've been reading these lovely contributions for years). I won't deny that they are clever individuals (Heritage) but some of their ideas are out of touch with reality.

3) Institute for Energy Research-where much of this was funded....major contributor to IER-Exxon Mobil.

3)William T. Bogart-One of the contributors to, "7 Myths About Green Jobs"...a quote from the article-

"We are equally confident that a market-based delivery process will do a far better job of developing those energy sources, industries, and jobs than could a series of mandates based on flawed data."

Yeah...DRILL BABY, DRILL!

It just seems to me that these gentlemen have some interest at stake here.

jreeves, may I respectfully ask, do you ever read anything except for Wall Street Journal, Heritage Foundation, or watch anything other than Sean Hannity, or listen to anything other than Rush Limbaugh? I'm asking this seriously, not as a perceived slam.

Forum List

Back