Green Jobs = Lost Jobs

So we should continue to sit on these ideas and technology for a few more decades? Why? A different category, but a good analogy is the complaint I see all the time that "If we had done something about Social Security 30 years ago, we wouldn't be having this problem today."

Well Crap, THINK!!! If people remained stuck in old technology and old ways of doing things just because, you wouldn't be reading this right now.

All the R&D and practical applications -no matter how inefficient- that they've currently been put into is "sitting on them"???

Mmmmmmm'kay. :lol:

NO, asshole. But that's the mindset I'm seeing here. Just give up, and give in...TO OIL. No fucking way.

The Israelis are building one solar plant that will supply 5% of their energy needs. The Danes already get 20% of their power from the wind.....and then there is conservation. We use TWICE as much energy per capita as the other Western democracies. We can do it. All it takes is the political will.

That kind of attitude puts the meaning of HEAD IN THE SAND in true perspective. I wish people would download the documentary "We Were Warned" which is based on a not-so-unbelievable hypothetical situation where the world has two simultaneous crises at once: Oil fields in Saudi Arabia being sabbotaged, and another Cat5 hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico which knocks out not only our own rigs, but the flow of oil through all the pipelines from Mexico and Venezuela. Then see how much of a "fantasy" such a scenario is.

Alternative energy IS the future, people. Wake up.
Wow..Really?

Atlas Shrugged was also based upon the same not-so-unbelievable hypothetical situation....I see the scenarios in that piece of fiction more likely to come to fruition than yours.

Obama's 5 million "Green" jobs is an utter farce.

According to a study centered on the green-friendly policies of Spain, which Obama cited as an example of a Green economy, for every Green job created, 2.2 jobs were lost. And many of those newly created Green jobs were temporary - and those jobs required substantial tax payer subsidies to even exist amounting to billions of dollars - to say nothing of the increased prices for energy. The study made clear that this example is not based simply on Spain, but would apply to any similar attempts by an economy to shift to green-friendly job creation...

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere

You link is an opinion piece from noted Bush apologist Tony Blankley.

I'm not going to believe anything from a dude who voted for Bush twice, and spent 8 years peddling lies and propoganda about how great the Iraq war was, or how awesome george bush was.

I tried clicking on the link in his article to the actual study, and all it gave me was the home page of pepperdine university

Obama's 5 million "Green" jobs is an utter farce.

According to a study centered on the green-friendly policies of Spain, which Obama cited as an example of a Green economy, for every Green job created, 2.2 jobs were lost. And many of those newly created Green jobs were temporary - and those jobs required substantial tax payer subsidies to even exist amounting to billions of dollars - to say nothing of the increased prices for energy. The study made clear that this example is not based simply on Spain, but would apply to any similar attempts by an economy to shift to green-friendly job creation...

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere

You link is an opinion piece from noted Bush apologist Tony Blankley.

I'm not going to believe anything from a dude who voted for Bush twice, and spent 8 years peddling lies and propoganda about how great the Iraq war was, or how awesome george bush was.

I tried clicking on the link in his article to the actual study, and all it gave me was the home page of pepperdine university

oh, I think i found the study.

and I think I now know why Tony Blankley was reluctant to give an actual link in his article to the study.

Its a draft study, that hasn't been published in any respected economic journal, hasn't gone through any formal process of peer review, and is written by some dude at a college I've never even heard of: King Juan Carlos University.

Come back when you and Mr. Blankley have something more credible

:lol:

http://www.juandemariana.org/pdf/090327-employment-public-aid-renewable.pdf

I don't know why you people are so skeptical. The technology already exists. Somebody a long time ago had to also figure out how to get that oil from the ground and into your gas tank. Duh...

How many years and billions of dollars has been spent on Solar technology? Are you even aware?

Who cares? People earn wages trying to figure it out.

You mean money gets taken from the private sector and doled out in research that still hasn't yielded a viable alternative to traditional energy sources.

How many years and billions of dollars has been spent on Solar technology? Are you even aware?

You mean money gets taken from the private sector and doled out in research that still hasn't yielded a viable alternative to traditional energy sources.

That is such bullshit, I don't even know where to begin.

There are plenty of alternative energy sources.

As Buckminster Fuller said, "There isn't an energy crisis. There is only a crisis of ignorance."

As Buckminster Fuller said, "There isn't an energy crisis. There is only a crisis of ignorance."

See? Green is for taking money from people who earn it and putting it into the hands of those who's ideas and products suck so much they can't compete ... that's all it is.

We were talking about solar here Chrissypants....Try to focus

And then there is this amazing story....

Fusion tests set at new Livermore facility

Really? Then why are you all trying to stop nuclear plants ... same technology.

Three mile....Chernobyl....:eek:

Two incidents, one using experimental equipment, the other a third world city trying to keep up with technology they knew nothing about ... almost 300 active plants in the US since then, not one "accident" ... this is just baseless fear.

Its not even close to the same technology.

From your article (I'll forgo the scientific explanation since science isn't your strong suit):

"Enable the keepers of America's nuclear warheads to make sure that, after decades in storage, those elderly weapons are still "safe, secure and reliable," as their keepers hope."

"At that instant - theory says but experiments have yet to achieve - the hydrogen isotope atoms inside the target would fuse to become helium and release more energy in a trillionth of a second than it took to produce the blast in the first place."

nope not at all...

a self-sustaining split-second of thermonuclear fusion

Its not nuclear fission....but
Fusion power - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Except for the use of a thermonuclear heat source, this is similar to most coal-fired power stations and fission-driven nuclear power stations.

Two incidents, one using experimental equipment, the other a third world city trying to keep up with technology they knew nothing about ... almost 300 active plants in the US since then, not one "accident" ... this is just baseless fear.

List of civilian nuclear accidents - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From your article (I'll forgo the scientific explanation since science isn't your strong suit):

"Enable the keepers of America's nuclear warheads to make sure that, after decades in storage, those elderly weapons are still "safe, secure and reliable," as their keepers hope."

"At that instant - theory says but experiments have yet to achieve - the hydrogen isotope atoms inside the target would fuse to become helium and release more energy in a trillionth of a second than it took to produce the blast in the first place."

Look up the word "fission" and the word "fusion" and note the difference.

List of civilian nuclear accidents - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Did you miss the quotes ... those on your "list" were not "accidents", they were errors that resulted in minimal clean up. Talking about serious ones, you know, ones that are actually worse than the other sources of power. Nuclear is still safer, cleaner, and cheaper. It's also tried and true, just using PC phrases like "fusion" doesn't make it different, it's still a form of nuclear energy.

Forum List

Back