Green job creation for Sierra Club: 100 employees to block power plant construction

A sane policy would be shuting down existing coal fired plants while replacing their energy with nuclear, wind, solar, geo-thermal, any technology that does not further raise the GHGs in the atmosphere.

As we are discovering in the research that is ongoing, even a 2 degree rise in temperature is dangerous. However, the ignoramouses and those that are making extreme profits off of further adding to the dangerous anthropogenic interferance in climate will win this debate, and our descendents will pay the price. Not that any of you give a rats ass. All for me, and damn my grandchildren.

Because a growing country doesn't need to grow its energy capacity.

Environmentalists plan to redirect strategies

The Sierra Club, meanwhile, is bolstering its long-standing campaign to block the construction of power plants across the country, assembling a team of 100 full-time employees to focus on the issue in 45 states.
Is James Hansen moonlighting with them?

Are you as stupid as your posts indicate?

Dr. Hansen is the most respected climatologist in this nation, perhaps in the world. I think it safe to assume that you have never read anything that he has written, nor anything any other climatologist has written. More than likely you get your views prepackaged by a drugged out fat radio jock.

A sane policy would be shuting down existing coal fired plants while replacing their energy with nuclear, wind, solar, geo-thermal, any technology that does not further raise the GHGs in the atmosphere.
But that's not what many of you wackos are advocating. You want to shut down coal NOW. Nuclear is the only source that can produce energy on the scale required to replace coal, and most of you wackos oppose that, too.
As we are discovering in the research that is ongoing, even a 2 degree rise in temperature is dangerous. However, the ignoramouses and those that are making extreme profits off of further adding to the dangerous anthropogenic interferance in climate will win this debate, and our descendents will pay the price. Not that any of you give a rats ass. All for me, and damn my grandchildren.
Odd...that's your opinion about government spending, debt, and deficit, isn't it?

Forum List

Back