Green Ideas = Greed Ideas

KittenKoder

Sep 21, 2008
Nowhere
Okay, now if you STILL need proof as to how the entire "Green" movement isn't just for profit, in Seattle we now have a ban on dumpsters primarily for being "green" ... here's the catch:

They have to use these "special" $5 bags that will be picked up 3 times A DAY ...

There are so many things wrong with this, and look who is getting the profits from this bad idea.

Dumpster Ban In Seattle Alleyways

Oh well, guess I'll shop in the outlying cities and avoid all taxes here, sucks to see out economy in Seattle get worse.

Glad you are concerned with the big issues.

You don't think this is a big issue ... you really don't use your brain for more than inflating your skull do you.

I have to pay for garbage pickup in my neighborhood because we own the streets.

So what?

You really are a numbnuts ... LOL ... to miss a point as big as the broad side of a barn.

Here's a hint by the way: The cost of the bags is in addition to the increased cost of more frequent pickups ...

If they are worried about CO2 the garbage trucks being used more will pump more than they save.

The bags create additional garbage.

Chris I thought you may need 1 line at a time. HTH

Email
Print
Comment()
Sharing
RSS Associated Press

March 10, 2009

By the end of the month Seattle will ban trash
bins from alleys in the central part of the city in a program to
make them cleaner and safer.

The Clear Alley program is replacing bins with special prepaid
trash bags that are picked up as often as three times a day. A
33-gallon bag costs $5.

Not a mandatory 3 times a day, just as needed.

The program is run by the CleanScapes company that started a
"Dumpster Free Alley" program a decade ago in the Pioneer Square
area.

By cleaning out alleys, city officials hope they will be used
more by pedestrians and for deliveries and expanded business activity.

Another skewed and bias spin on a story that's supposed to also help businesses, hmmmm

KittenKoder, your not originally from the PNW are you?

Yes, Scientists are making a killing off of publishing their scientific results in the leading science journals... and the books these guys write... zoom.. flying off shelves!!!

Next up.. world lecture tours.. guarenteed to fill stadiums!!! They will have gigantic screens that look like chalkboards for them to write their equations on.. solid, solid, stuff...

The free market will find a way to capitalize and profit if America chooses to go green..

Last edited:
Email
Print
Comment()
Sharing
RSS Associated Press

March 10, 2009

By the end of the month Seattle will ban trash
bins from alleys in the central part of the city in a program to
make them cleaner and safer.

The Clear Alley program is replacing bins with special prepaid
trash bags that are picked up as often as three times a day. A
33-gallon bag costs $5.

Not a mandatory 3 times a day, just as needed.

The program is run by the CleanScapes company that started a
"Dumpster Free Alley" program a decade ago in the Pioneer Square
area.

By cleaning out alleys, city officials hope they will be used
more by pedestrians and for deliveries and expanded business activity.

Another skewed and bias spin on a story that's supposed to also help businesses, hmmmm

KittenKoder, your not originally from the PNW are you?

You are ignorant if you think that's the whole story ... but then I do live here so I guess I get the inside track.

You really think that people are going to use less than 3 33 gallon trash bags a day? Most businesses will need at least six of those per day, businesses that deal with food service of any type will need more.

Then there's the rat problem, we have them already like all cities, you think bags are a good idea with rat around? Yeah ....

Cleanscapes is an environut company making a fortune on this idiotic con, which was fine while it was voluntary, but here again we have environuts who want to push for laws that make their companies a fortune. Do some research sometime.

Problems generated by this won't end there, the costs of products will have to increase to pay for this making it even less affordable to shop downtown, pushing more of what little business we already have here to other cities, and we are already broke because of too many businesses leaving due to high costs of operation.

I shouldn't be surprised at people like you who want to only pay attention to the catch phrases and the "feel good" shit.

Oh, and I grew up here ... at least 25 of my 34 years of life here, mostly during the 80's and 90's.

Last edited:
OK, I only lived in West Seattle for a year (mum-in-law still lives there). And I visit relatives and race in the area 6-7 times every year, (jeez I'm sick of the I-5 corridor) I keep up on the Puget Sound scene. I think the idea of cleaning up alley ways makes sense, but you bring up some very valid points.

OK, I only lived in West Seattle for a year (mum-in-law still lives there). And I visit relatives and race in the area 6-7 times every year, (jeez I'm sick of the I-5 corridor) I keep up on the Puget Sound scene. I think the idea of cleaning up alley ways makes sense, but you bring up some very valid points.

These are the points business owners brought up to, I am just parroting them really but I saw where they were coming from, and I sure as hell don't want to pay more for anything myself.

I hate the viaduct. Luckily they are tearing it down soon, but sadly they are wasting money on a tunnel instead of just getting rid of it.

Save the Earth! Drink Fishmaster Brew. FISHMASTERS!

I'll worry about saving the planet when algore stops flying around the world and stops heating/cooling his giant mansion.

Save the Earth! Drink Fishmaster Brew. FISHMASTERS!

I'll worry about saving the planet when algore stops flying around the world and stops heating/cooling his giant mansion.

... all paid for with a lot of green ... from people being green ...

.... GREEN!

Forum List

Back