Green Energy taxes the poor, gives to the rich

Another thread by the same old Environut. I say ignore it. The idiot has brain damage

Old Crock is literally putting his hand in everyones pocket and Old Crock enjoys it.[

It is fact that to have green energy taxes must be raised on me and you, on our moms, on our fathers, taxes must be raised on my children, taxes must be raised on food, on water, on the phone, property taxes must go up, fees must go up. The price of food must rise, the price of gasoline must rise.

The price of everything is going up so that Old Crock can shove green energy down our throats.

Electrical rates are already too high and they are going up. I can barely afford electricity. I a have to watch the lights, turn off the TV, watch the fridge.

Global warming and green energy are already costing americans a trillion dollars a year

Each person in the USA is paying more for food because of Old Crock, literally, so far global warming and green energy have won.

That is why the price of everything is at record highs. Sure some of it is the economy but much happened before the economy. Food prices went up way before the dollar lost value, food and electricity are going up as fast as windmills and solar farms.

What are you? Some kind of groupie Stalker???

Why are you obsessing over OR???

Why do you want to hide the facts.

Why are defending a liar.

Why is it so important to your political cause to advance a policy built on lies and deceit.

The only one on here who can't defend his position is YOU. You constantly claim that all these alternative energy sources use to much energy at their inception due to building costs, but never once do you post anything to back that shit up. All you ever fucking do is stalk Old Rocks, and jerk off to his fucking posts. Get a life, loser.

Hey dingbats. Fossil fuels have long gotten subsidies. Now the end of those subsidies in sight.

I'm honestly curious - what are these subsidies to which you refer?

And why do you say the end of those subsidies is in sight?

Taxpayers for Common Sense

Thank you, Old Rocks. :D

That's a great link for referencing tax law and the history of the Code as it specifically applies to oil and gas.

However I'm turned off by the negative commentary re: special treatment to the oil and gas sector.

I recommend you read the "user comments" at the bottom of the linked page.

These "subsidies" are similar and every bit as legitimate as those allowed other industries including agriculture and manufacturing as a whole. Why should oil and gas be singled out?

As far as the "end of subsidies" being in sight, I'd still like clarification.

Thanking you in advance, I remain sincerely yours.....

:beer:

Because mdn2000 works for the American Petroleum Institute.

Wow, like working for money is bad, so you still live at home, thats why you have such a dependent, insecure, position where you must feel real insecure at the thought of making a living and supporting yourself. Chrissy doesnt pay for energy, Chrissy most likely pays for nothing thats why chrissy cannot comprehend the debt working folks must pay.

I work seven days a week, own my own home, and make more money than you.

But thanks for playing.

This shows you know nothing of what you post, you mother's house is not your house and finishing grade school is not a job.

Hey dingbats. Fossil fuels have long gotten subsidies. Now the end of those subsidies in sight.

A rather long and thoughtful article on subsidies to fossil fuels and how they are measuered.

If we are trully to get off of fossil fuels, we must discourage there use. Granting them subsidies is hardly discouraging there use.

Federal Fossil Fuel Subsidies and Greenhouse Gas Emissions: A Case Study of Increasing Transparency for Fiscal Policy Annu. Rev. Energy Environ. 26:361-389. Nov01

2.1. Aggregate Subsidies to Fossil Fuels

Sections II and III of Table 2 summarize the findings of each of these studies. To facilitate comparison, all data have been converted into 1999 dollars. Two studies (MISI and PNL) presented multi-year aggregate subsidy values; the average annual value is shown. Aggregate subsidies to fossil fuels ranged from a low of $200 million per year in EIA92 to a high of $1.7 trillion (ICTA), a span of nearly four orders of magnitude. Considering that the high value included only oil while the low value included all fossil fuels, this range is all the more remarkable. Nonetheless, a handful of factors explain most of this difference. At the high end, the inclusion of externalities is the single largest influence, comprising between 46% and 84% of the total subsidies reported in the studies that included them. Other factors are the inclusion of roadway construction, maintenance, and operation; some state and local subsidies; and attribution of the entire cost of a military presence in the Persian Gulf as a subsidy to oil. Low-end values are also driven by a handful of decisions about what to include. Studies in this range generally exclude any support for oil security, tax preferences for international operations, and more broadly targeted programs that may provide disproportionate benefits to fossil fuel industries or consumers. A number of these assessments also improperly calculate the subsidy offset associated with fuel excise taxes. Although five of the studies examined all fossil fuels, there is no consistent trend in the pattern of support among them. Rather, the relative shares seem primarily a function of program-specific decisions. For example, the two studies where oil dominated by a large margin [MISI (7) and PNL (15)] both treated exemptions from oil price regulations for certain types of oil wells as a subsidy to the fuel; price caps are normally treated as de facto taxes. The preponderant share for natural gas in EIA99/00 (5, 6) stems from a large alternative fuel production tax credit. Benefiting primarily gas, the credit dominates the small number of interventions EIA included within its report. Studies that did not prorate supports for electricity generation and transmission to source fuels [e.g., Heede et al. (14) and MISI (7)] show artificially low shares for coal. 2.2. Fiscal Subsidies to Fossil Fuels

Though still large, the range of estimates drops by two orders of magnitude once fiscal subsidies alone are evaluated-to between $2.6 and $121 billion. Fiscal subsidies include tax preferences, general agency support for energy, and spending related to energy security. Offsets related to energy rather than to transportation infrastructure would also be included. We assess the largest sources of fiscal variance in detail below:

Taxpayers for Common Sense

Thank you, Old Rocks. :D

That's a great link for referencing tax law and the history of the Code as it specifically applies to oil and gas.

However I'm turned off by the negative commentary re: special treatment to the oil and gas sector.

I recommend you read the "user comments" at the bottom of the linked page.

These "subsidies" are similar and every bit as legitimate as those allowed other industries including agriculture and manufacturing as a whole. Why should oil and gas be singled out?

As far as the "end of subsidies" being in sight, I'd still like clarification.

Thanking you in advance, I remain sincerely yours.....

:beer:

First, that is Chris's post, not mine.

Second, given the profits made by the Oil and Gas companies, it is a bit over the top for them to recieve subsidies in the amounts that they have. Certainly in the last 30 years.

Third, if you wish to end the use of something, you do not give susidies to that item.

Wow, like working for money is bad, so you still live at home, thats why you have such a dependent, insecure, position where you must feel real insecure at the thought of making a living and supporting yourself. Chrissy doesnt pay for energy, Chrissy most likely pays for nothing thats why chrissy cannot comprehend the debt working folks must pay.

:lol:You really work for the American Petroleum Institute? If you do, then they are really into hiring incompetants.:lol:

Maybe you should consider re-investing your money into something other than oil. :lol:

Old rocks has been nothing but civil to you. Why are you acting like such a little bitch towards him?

Maybe you should consider re-investing your money into something other than oil. :lol:

Old rocks has been nothing but civil to you. Why are you acting like such a little bitch towards him?

Old Crcok has a foul mouth so I speak to him as I would speak to a foul mouthed fool.

You on the other hand, well, I think poetry might be best, why waste our time posting about old crock, seriously the guy is a loser, read his posts, endless links to press releases and articles, absolutely no imagination, no intelligence, Old Crock does not even read his own sources thats why I treat him as such, to waste time pretending he knows something hiding behind the work of a writer or a professor that is not releasing his report, literally he is not civil. When challenged Old Crock hides.

I just got in from traveling across the country, I left detroit for pittsburg, pittsburg for san jose, now I am alone on the Monterey coast, how beautiful the coast would be if only I could see JD_2B walking along the sea.

I love this place, the ocean is so violent around here, crashing on the rocks, all the great places to eat, the redwoods of Big Sur, Carmel by the Sea, highway 1 winding along the coast.

This is the place of the rich, it will never be spoiled by 50,000 windmills.

Forum List

Back