Green energy company given federal stimulus funds lays off 125 workers, gives pay rai

Why couldn't this company make an IPO and raise funds from investors?
Maybe a listing on the NYSE.

It's not unusual for start-ups to lose money initially.

Love how the government throws our money around at hair-brained projects that have no chance of survival once off the Obama nipple.

The government is rewarding those that support more asinine government. What a surprise. Obama is rewarding those that help him and his agenda while the rest of us suffer and then the left scratches their heads when we call for the government getting the hell out of the way of the market.

I think the future of renewable resources are 1# either small scale roof top solar or 2# offshore wind farms. Everything is going to fail!

Solar is going to fail on any large scale as it cost to much and destroys to much land area(Liberals are pissed off that the deserts are being covered by them). I feel it's ok for someone to put such on their home, but no more.

Wind, well, no one wants to see it(Liberals in the northeast go crazy everytime something gets going), but I think there's a future for off shore(ocean) wind farms as 1# No one see's it. 2# Theres a lot of wind over the oceans of this planet to take advantage of. Not nearly as costly per mwh of energy(It is always windy over parts of the ocean=relieable) as onshore and we can scale it way up to 5-10 gw per farm. Heck, we could scale such up when we can go deep blue ocean to 50-100 gw scales in the long term. If we have to go clean, I don't see a better way outside of hydro. Leftist won't accept more hydro!

Offshore wind power - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Way to go Obama.. First Solyndra who went bankrupt and its executives get over 300K in bonus while us tax payers get screwed and now this green company

Green Energy Company Given Federal Stimulus Funds Lays Off 125 Workers, Gives Pay Raise To Executives | Fox News

I'm assuming you are a republican. Correct? Ok, then let me ask you how you feel about companies that lay off 125 workers and the Executives get raises?

Because us liberals have a big problem with this.

And if you agree, then you must agree we can not allow Oil companies to raise gas prices to $5 a gallon and then we see them breaking profit records. They get government money too. Much more than Solyndra.

And then you must agree that Blue Cross gets money from the government too and so they too should be regulated.

Realize the GOP has you brainwashed. They got you crying about Green Energy Companies. Why? Because Exxon advertises on Fox and CNN.

I think the future of renewable resources are 1# either small scale roof top solar or 2# offshore wind farms. Everything is going to fail!

Solar is going to fail on any large scale as it cost to much and destroys to much land area(Liberals are pissed off that the deserts are being covered by them). I feel it's ok for someone to put such on their home, but no more.

Wind, well, no one wants to see it(Liberals in the northeast go crazy everytime something gets going), but I think there's a future for off shore(ocean) wind farms as 1# No one see's it. 2# Theres a lot of wind over the oceans of this planet to take advantage of. Not nearly as costly per mwh of energy(It is always windy over parts of the ocean=relieable) as onshore and we can scale it way up to 5-10 gw per farm. Heck, we could scale such up when we can go deep blue ocean to 50-100 gw scales in the long term. If we have to go clean, I don't see a better way outside of hydro. Leftist won't accept more hydro!

I don't understand how they have not figured out how to use the currents in the oceans. They are constantly moving. Put an underwater windmill in the oceans and they will spin 24/7.

If you invent it, I get a piece.

Way to go Obama.. First Solyndra who went bankrupt and its executives get over 300K in bonus while us tax payers get screwed and now this green company

Green Energy Company Given Federal Stimulus Funds Lays Off 125 Workers, Gives Pay Raise To Executives | Fox News

I'm assuming you are a republican. Correct? Ok, then let me ask you how you feel about companies that lay off 125 workers and the Executives get raises?

And if you agree, then you must agree we can not allow Oil companies to raise gas prices to $5 a gallon and then we see them breaking profit records. They get government money too. Much more than Solyndra.

And then you must agree that Blue Cross gets money from the government too and so they too should be regulated.

Realize the GOP has you brainwashed. They got you crying about Green Energy Companies. Why? Because Exxon advertises on Fox and CNN.

Wow.. just wow... the level of ignorance above is mind boggling.

:cuckoo:

I don't understand how they have not figured out how to use the currents in the oceans. They are constantly moving. Put an underwater windmill in the oceans and they will spin 24/7.

Holy fuck!! Really?

:booze:

Holy fuck!! Really?

Yep, Wave power - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islay_LIMPET

Last edited:

Holy fuck!! Really?

:lol:

We knew him when. Bookmark this page. Pssst we gave him the idea right?

Fail. You're only going to agree with that tripe if you are stinking with your ideology. Thos of un on the right want to see all those subsidies go period. Oil, green energy, Blue Cross - ALL of it. Companies should never get anything in the form of special tax credits or government cheese. The liberals are always complaining that money and corporations have too much influence over our government. Want to know why they spend all that money influencing politicians? It is only for the money involved with the asinine tax code, over regulatory bullshit and getting a cut of the government handout machine. Take those away and campaign finance reform will no longer be an issue.

Offshore wind power?
The owners of shore beach mansion and resort owners in FL will not sit still for that.

Keep in mind Obama's appointment of a former leader of an arson and looting rampage to his "green jobs panel". Van Jones had no background in "green jobs". He was a communist revolutionary and when he got bounced out of the administration he started OWS. What does that tell you about the green movement?

Forum List

Back