Green Agenda Dangerous = CFL bulbs

Many would call those projects pork or corporate welfare.

You place unrealistic impositions on industry with one hand, make draconian mandates on consumers with the other, all while standing on a soap box, claiming to know best, well... your shoe lace is untied, your fly is open, your shirt is buttoned wrong, and there is a piece of toilet paper stuck on your shoe. When is enough enough? ;)

Why do we need to place any impositions on industry? It will police itself and do what is best for America without any regulations, etc won't it?

Yes when is enough enough? It is all an attempt at balance which is never fully attained due to all sides pushing and pulling.

Reality is not quite like idealism.

Well stated. In Ideal I agree with your position, with the exception that thinking that everything imposed by Government is good and justified, and everything imposed by private industry is wrong. There is balance, there is positive direction, and there are smoke screens. We need a stronger Grid. We need more power Production capability. One of my favorite means is Hydro Electric, which when applied even to flood control interests, can do much good for everyone. Industry may be dragging it's heels on that, preferring other means, like holding out for Nuclear. Coal needs to be cleaned up. To obstruct the process there because of nontoxic CO2 does not make sense to me personally. CO2 is the perfect nontoxic refrigerant. Where is the real word application to that?

So we should never have had Seat belts, catalytic converters more efficient cars, nmore efficient heating and cooling systems, etc mandated?

You would love it if your neighbors still heated with coal :D

So when you are told what kind of car to buy, you'll be OK with that?

It's bad enough we have the fucking government telling us we have to wear seat belts or helmets. Jesus they want to fine parents if kids don't wear helmets while riding a fucking tricycle in their own driveway.

And as far as I know the government didn't outlaw coal in favor of oil or gas for home heating. But don't worry they soon will.

I don't believe in the seat belt law. I wear them because I believe in seat belts, but I don't believe in mandating it.

Something you may want to consider about seat belts. If you are not wearing one when the air bag deploys, it can kill or do serious harm. I'd recommend wearing one for that reason all by itself.

I have disconnected my airbags. And I rarely wear a seatbelt.

I guess I'm just a scoff law.

Coal is not going ANYWHERE!!!!!

Here in the northeast where there are massive urban area's, its coal or we go dark. You think any politician is signing off on taking chances with fcukking wind power.................

I DONT THINK SO

When you live in the middle of nowhere like Old Rocks, there is a far outside chance it would fly. Where I live = zero chance. I'll be in the box for many decades and then maybe we'll have the technology ( but only if the government stays out of the way)to do something innovative but it WONT be wind or solar power...........dollar to 1,000 stale donuts.

I don't believe in the seat belt law. I wear them because I believe in seat belts, but I don't believe in mandating it.

Something you may want to consider about seat belts. If you are not wearing one when the air bag deploys, it can kill or do serious harm. I'd recommend wearing one for that reason all by itself.

I have disconnected my airbags. And I rarely wear a seatbelt.

I guess I'm just a scoff law.

It depends where you live. In NYC it would be bad news for you. In the Stix, I hear you.

Forum List

Back