Greed, ignorance, hysteria and chaos

Here's what Maggie doesn't grok:

Mega Public Corporations are often Big Government Cronies. The reporting of their profits reflects the strength of DC-Wall St-Board Room Cronyism - not the health of Main Street.

Small businesses create over half of the jobs in the economy. These are the ones that are hurting due to massive government intrusion and tax hikes. They aren't hiring. Unemployment reflects this.

More of the same Big Government Cronyism will make things worse.

I "grok" :lol: the fact that small businesses need operating capital by way of loans and/or letters of credit, which Big Banks and investment houses are not willing to part with. Sure, they'll give out a high interest credit CARD, but not a low-interest business loan. I "grok" the fact that GREED continues.

Banks happy to hand credit cards but not loans to small biz - Jul. 14, 2010
Lending to small businesses contracted by $40 billion for the first quarter of 2010 as compared to 2008. Only a third to half of small businesses were able to secure a loan or line of credit in 2009. And Small Business Administration lending all but disappeared in June, thanks to the end of a popular stimulus program. Because of the dry-up, Bernanke said small businesses "have had difficulty obtaining the credit that they need to expand and, in some cases, even to continue operating."

But while banks have closed the window for small business loans, they've happily opened the back door to any business that wants that money in the form of a credit card loan.

Why does everyone assume small businesses need to constantly borrow money for operating capital.?

When we opened, we leased all our equipment with a 4 or 5 year one dollar buy out at the end.

Vendors gave us all kinds of delayed billing and other incentives. We had 50K in cash saved for our initial expenses but we barely touched that because the business was self sustaining after a couple months.

If you as a business owner constantly need to borrow money, you're doing something wrong.

A letter of credit is always good insurance against a run of bad luck. I worked for a hugely successful law firm, but we still had a million or so in a floating loan that would cover draws and payroll if the bigger clients couldn't pay their bills at any given time. But I agree that many small businesses don't succeed BECAUSE they operate on a shoestring.

The death of global leadership?

GREED:

Companies won't hire until the economy recovers. And the economy won't recover until businesses start hiring. Companies argue they face uncertainties and government shouldn't add to them. If there's so much uncertainty, why did corporate profits hit an all-time high of $1.37 trillion in the first quarter?

What do the 20 million people without jobs do in the meantime, as companies sit on their piles of cash?

IGNORANCE:

There really are no simple black or white solutions (metaphorically) that can immediately remedy the vast ideological differences between the left and the right over a myriad of problem issues, so pretending there will be some grand solutions if one party or the other is in control is irrational at best and downright stupid at worst.

HYSTERIA:

Just because everything isn't going YOUR way, throwing hissy fits, going on malevolent vendettas, gathering weapons and whipping up frenzies which results in mob mentality only postpones real solutions.

CHAOS:

Time doesn't stand still. The same problems become the same problems only bigger while political battles rage on, day after day, which does nothing but create gridlock amid the chaos.

In my opinion. As all the shouting makes its way into 24/7 news cycles, other countries see what's going on through the same venues, and the image of the United States as a strong and compromising democracy, always able to overcome internal divergences (and looked upon to take the lead for the rest of the world to emulate) ultimately will be reversed and we will be seen as weak and vulnerable to those who would love to take our place at the top.

I could reply so much with this thread, but I am going to keep my mouth shut.......... as long as I can. However I may succumb and reply later :lol: I certainly don't want to demonstrate ignorance, hysteria and chaos..........at least not more than a couple times a day.

Last edited:
Maggie doesn't even bother to read the articles she links

"Lenders aren't saying we don't want to lend. Lenders are saying we'd like to lend, but loan requests are down, and also the bank regulatory agencies are scrutinizing loans at a much higher level than they have been in the past," said James Ballentine, the senior vice president of government relations for the American Bankers Association. "That, too, is understandable, because you want to make sure that all guidelines are being followed and the collateral is there, and that's a problem for many businesses as well."

Loan requests are down. That's perfectly consistent with what I said earlier in the thread.

A lobbying group. What do you expect them to say? :lol:

Hey, it's from the article you posted to support your POV.

LOL at Maggie Moron.

Maggie doesn't even bother to read the articles she links

"Lenders aren't saying we don't want to lend. Lenders are saying we'd like to lend, but loan requests are down, and also the bank regulatory agencies are scrutinizing loans at a much higher level than they have been in the past," said James Ballentine, the senior vice president of government relations for the American Bankers Association. "That, too, is understandable, because you want to make sure that all guidelines are being followed and the collateral is there, and that's a problem for many businesses as well."

Loan requests are down. That's perfectly consistent with what I said earlier in the thread.

A lobbying group. What do you expect them to say? :lol:

Hey, it's from the article you posted to support your POV.

LOL at Maggie Moron.

No shit.
---->whoosh---->

Oh. I get it now.

The thread title is Maggie's True Confession.

Yeah Sheman, that's it, small businesses are a scam.

What the hell did your parents do to you?

Not a global issue.
Brazil, Russia, China and India are doing fine.

I wonder why:

The talks between Obama and Wen came as U.S. lawmakers appeared to move closer than ever to acting on long-standing threats to pass legislation that would penalize China for keeping its currency artificially low.

Critics inside and outside Congress say China deliberately undervalues its currency by as much as 25 percent to 40 percent to give Chinese companies an unfair trade advantage, hurting U.S. exports and employment

Ya think Barak Hussein can get his ChiCom buddies to play fair before 2012?

VERY good!!!!

Let's see you SIT-UP, now!!!!

544.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_an_w4OFPI]YouTube - Keith Olbermann's Special Report on "Small Businesses" Part 1[/ame]​

The death of global leadership?

GREED:

Companies won't hire until the economy recovers. And the economy won't recover until businesses start hiring. Companies argue they face uncertainties and government shouldn't add to them. If there's so much uncertainty, why did corporate profits hit an all-time high of $1.37 trillion in the first quarter?

What do the 20 million people without jobs do in the meantime, as companies sit on their piles of cash?

IGNORANCE:

There really are no simple black or white solutions (metaphorically) that can immediately remedy the vast ideological differences between the left and the right over a myriad of problem issues, so pretending there will be some grand solutions if one party or the other is in control is irrational at best and downright stupid at worst.

HYSTERIA:

Just because everything isn't going YOUR way, throwing hissy fits, going on malevolent vendettas, gathering weapons and whipping up frenzies which results in mob mentality only postpones real solutions.

CHAOS:

Time doesn't stand still. The same problems become the same problems only bigger while political battles rage on, day after day, which does nothing but create gridlock amid the chaos.

In my opinion. As all the shouting makes its way into 24/7 news cycles, other countries see what's going on through the same venues, and the image of the United States as a strong and compromising democracy, always able to overcome internal divergences (and looked upon to take the lead for the rest of the world to emulate) ultimately will be reversed and we will be seen as weak and vulnerable to those who would love to take our place at the top.

Well darling doo doo head. youse should of thought all this bullshit out before your started demonizing. Whte people, rich people, banks, insurance companies, doctors, hospitals, wall street bankers and ceo's. Then maybe the companies would not be sitting on their cash err ass and NOT hiring. Maybe doo doo head marixist demonRats if you hadn't a done that shit this wouldn't have happened.. ya see?

pretty sad that the big bailed out banks won't help the small businesses with small, low interest loans to grow their businesses....I thought the WHOLE reason for the big banks to get a bail out was to KEEP our small businesses with an easy credit line/loan line???

it isn't sad, it's fact the gov. and the feds have mandated that banks have a larger reserve. they do and they are sitting on it cause it was fucking mandated that they have it. see how that works?? DUmmies are Dim

Well darling doo doo head. youse should of thought all this bullshit out before your started demonizing. Whte people, rich people, banks, insurance companies, doctors, hospitals, wall street bankers and ceo's. Then maybe the companies would not be sitting on their cash err ass and NOT hiring. Maybe doo doo head marixist demonRats if you hadn't a done that shit this wouldn't have happened.. ya see?

Incomprehensibe, yet strangely likeable.:tongue:

"you know what I'm saying?" :lol:

"you know what I'm saying?" :lol:

ernest-in-the-army-dvdvideo-release-c10120550.jpeg

I "grok" :lol: the fact that small businesses need operating capital by way of loans and/or letters of credit, which Big Banks and investment houses are not willing to part with. Sure, they'll give out a high interest credit CARD, but not a low-interest business loan. I "grok" the fact that GREED continues.

Banks happy to hand credit cards but not loans to small biz - Jul. 14, 2010
Lending to small businesses contracted by $40 billion for the first quarter of 2010 as compared to 2008. Only a third to half of small businesses were able to secure a loan or line of credit in 2009. And Small Business Administration lending all but disappeared in June, thanks to the end of a popular stimulus program. Because of the dry-up, Bernanke said small businesses "have had difficulty obtaining the credit that they need to expand and, in some cases, even to continue operating."

But while banks have closed the window for small business loans, they've happily opened the back door to any business that wants that money in the form of a credit card loan.

Why does everyone assume small businesses need to constantly borrow money for operating capital.?

When we opened, we leased all our equipment with a 4 or 5 year one dollar buy out at the end.

Vendors gave us all kinds of delayed billing and other incentives. We had 50K in cash saved for our initial expenses but we barely touched that because the business was self sustaining after a couple months.

If you as a business owner constantly need to borrow money, you're doing something wrong.

A letter of credit is always good insurance against a run of bad luck. I worked for a hugely successful law firm, but we still had a million or so in a floating loan that would cover draws and payroll if the bigger clients couldn't pay their bills at any given time. But I agree that many small businesses don't succeed BECAUSE they operate on a shoestring.

Sitting on a big pile of cash is 1000 times better.

You have destroyed the premise of your own OP.

What the hell did your parents do to you?

It's not a "scam" per se, but filing as a Subchapter S corporation is indeed a HUGE loophole which allows S Corporation shareholders to pay only their share of income from the gross profits of the company, and thereby many will avoid paying the higher rate on $200,000+.

How S Corporations are taxed: A CPA explains S corp rules
The general rule for S corporation taxation works like this. An S corporation calculates its income just like a regular corporation. However, rather than taxing the corporation the corporation on those profits, the corporation’s owners get taxed on their shares of the corporation’s profit.

Suppose, for example, that an S corporation is equally owned by Tom, Dick and Harry. Each shareholder owns one-third of the corporation’s stock. In this case, if the corporation makes $300,000 in profit, the corporation doesn’t pay the income tax on this profit. Instead, each shareholder includes his share of the corporation profit--$100,000 per man—in his taxable income. The shareholders pay the taxes owed on the $100,000 of corporate profit on their individual income tax returns.

Forum List

Back