Greece’s solidarity movement: ‘it’s a whole new model – and it’s working’

The real power is in the people themselves, not in the government or the wealthy.

We the People can make things happen when we act for the good of society as a united whole. Greece is proving that when the wealthy take away everything and expect the people to just suck it up and starve in poverty the people will find another way.

The EU, and Germany in particular, are going to have to accommodate Greece now or risk losing the entire EU.

The concept of the EU was to be a union. The Greeks are teaching the rest of Europe what the term union actual means.

The real power is in the people themselves, not in the government or the wealthy.

We the People can make things happen when we act for the good of society as a united whole. Greece is proving that when the wealthy take away everything and expect the people to just suck it up and starve in poverty the people will find another way.

The EU, and Germany in particular, are going to have to accommodate Greece now or risk losing the entire EU.

The concept of the EU was to be a union. The Greeks are teaching the rest of Europe what the term union actual means.

Union means gimme your money. LOL!

Considering it was a union based on lies the Greek government at the time told of their joining of it, Germany should ask for an annulment.

and there you have it;

Greeks are rushing to Bitcoin - Jun. 29 2015
The world's largest Bitcoin exchanges tell CNNMoney they've seen a surge of business from Greece.

Ten times as many Greeks are registering to trade bitcoins on the German marketplace Bitcoin.de than usual, according to CEO Oliver Flaskaemper. Bitcoin trades from Greece have shot up 79% from their ten-week average on Bitstamp, the world's third-largest exchange.

Even trading platforms in China are getting interest. LakeBTC, headquartered in Shanghai, is seeing a 40% increase in visitors using computers in Greece.

Bitcoin value spikes since June;
Virtual currency Bitcoin has seen a rally as the Greek financial crisis has deepened.

Capital controls took effect in Greece earlier this month, restricting bank withdrawals to just €60 (£42).

There are concerns that deposits could be subjected to a haircut of up to 30%, while others fear a forced conversion to the drachma would lead to similarly negative consequences.

The price of Bitcoin stood at $223 on 8 June, but had increased 20% to $271 by Monday.

9dc75e56ab3ca51c715fc17eafd07213.jpg

So what,we're about a week into this crises and some moron jumps in with some pie in the sky bullshit and claims Greece's troubles are over? :lmao:
Who knew it would be so easy...:dunno:

Yep, because we all know that when the going gets tough, people will be helpful kind, and in no way will the strongest and the most ruthless rise to the top to take over things....

So what,we're about a week into this crises and some moron jumps in with some pie in the sky bullshit and claims Greece's troubles are over? :lmao:
Who knew it would be so easy.

Nobody thinks their troubles are over. Interesting things happen in the absence of authority is what I'm saying. In my experience, people help one another where there is a sense of community.

Who knew it would be so easy.

Nobody thinks their troubles are over. Interesting things happen in the absence of authority is what I'm saying. In my experience, people help one another where there is a sense of community.

We'll see how far this "sense of community" goes when everyone is starving to death.

We'll see how far this "sense of community" goes when everyone is starving to death.

Greeks wake up and realize the moocher class is bringing them down

Food shortages are another way Putin can capitalize on the Greek crisis by lifting restrictions of wheat exports to Greece.

I think we can all agree that the Greek fat pension system is over. That was a done deal no matter what. The OP article is described as a "whole new model". What comes next? The EU caving and offering a renegotiated bailout would be anti-climactic. I'm rooting for harmonious anarchy.

Sounds like a workers run government , minus the blood sucking capitalists

Citizen-run health clinics, food centres, kitchens and legal aid hubs have sprung up to fill the gaps left by austerity – and now look set to play a bigger role under a Syriza government.

Greece s solidarity movement it s a whole new model and it s working World news The Guardian

LOL, another utopian vision of humanity...

Sez the one who bows to statues and huffs incense waiting for disneyland in the sky when they die

Sez the one who bows to statues and huffs incense waiting for disneyland in the sky when they die

"At last night's [June 29th] open-air service on the Areopagus, the youth officer of the Archdiocese of Athens, a certain Father Symeon Venetsianos, made an impressive denunciation of racism, calling it an "exceptionally troubling phenomenon of our times" to which the appropriate response was Paul's declaration to the Athenians that God had made all the nations of the earth from a single blood. That is an unusual note for a Greek sermon to strike, but it will need to be heard more often as the country's social and economic crisis staggers on."

The EU caving and offering a renegotiated bailout would be anti-climactic.

The EU either does that or it risks the collapse of the EU as a viable concept.

In essence Greece is putting the EU to the test. Either everyone pulls together in a time of crisis or it will never work because selfish wealthy nations cannot be trusted to stand together with the poorer nations when that becomes necessary.

The USA works because wealthy states support the poorer states.

The EU needs to address that reality.

Solution to the food crisis? Grow your own.

Greek villagers secret weapon Grow your own food - seattlepi.com

"KARITAINA, Greece (AP) — Ilias Mathes has protection against bank closures, capital controls and the slashing of his pension: 10 goats, some hens and a vegetable patch.

If Greece's financial crisis deepens, as many believe it must, he can feed his children and grandchildren with the bounty of the land in this proud village high in the mountains of the Arcadia Peloponnese.

"I have my lettuce, my onions, I have my hens, my birds, I will manage," he said, even though he can no longer access his full pension payment because of government controls imposed six days ago. "We will manage for a period of time, I don't know, two months, maybe three months, because I also want to give to our relatives. If they are suffering, I cannot leave them like this, isn't that so
?""

Grow your own food. Healthshare. Bitcoin. Subvert the dominant paradigm.

tumblr_ly4ellbjRQ1rnft6so1_500.png

The EU caving and offering a renegotiated bailout would be anti-climactic.

The EU either does that or it risks the collapse of the EU as a viable concept.

In essence Greece is putting the EU to the test. Either everyone pulls together in a time of crisis or it will never work because selfish wealthy nations cannot be trusted to stand together with the poorer nations when that becomes necessary.

The USA works because wealthy states support the poorer states.

The EU needs to address that reality.

Greece is a fucking rounding error in the EU

Sounds like a workers run government , minus the blood sucking capitalists

Citizen-run health clinics, food centres, kitchens and legal aid hubs have sprung up to fill the gaps left by austerity – and now look set to play a bigger role under a Syriza government.

Greece s solidarity movement it s a whole new model and it s working World news The Guardian

LOL, another utopian vision of humanity...

Didn't you use this response in another thread? Poor Form, even for Guno.

Forum List

Back