Greece Collapsing Under Weight of Massive Welfare

What happens when more people depend on government spending than the number who contribute? Well, you realize what happens when leftist politicians take you on an unsustainable course. Since you always run out of other peoples' money, the only end is that eventually you will collapse under your own weight.

Instead of making needed cuts in spending and making the necessary changes to recover, they will now have nothing.

I see no difference in the policies the Dems are embracing here. Are they wanting us to collapse or are they so ignorant that they think they can do the same thing that's been done before and have a different outcome for once?

Politics Under weight of massive welfare state Greece about to default on IMF loans Best of Cain
Greece will pull the EU down, possibly trigger a depression there, that will, more than likely come here.

since everyone saw it coming or was told it was coming, I have to assume this was the plan.

No party would intentionally crush it's own country unless that was the plan.

are we looking at a government take over?
the UN running everything?

I used to laugh at people that talked about the "new world order", now, not so much

Greece won't have any long term affect on the EU if it does go under. The EU will just dump Greece, plain and simple. Greece's problems are more than just too much government spending. They have a near 27% unemployment rate, therefore they are not collecting near enough tax revenue. Raising taxes and cutting spending will likely increase the unemployment rate and reduce revenue further. They are in a tailspin and need to work out of it slowly rather than all at once. I'm not positive what the answer is for them, but drastically cutting spending and/or raising taxes further is not likely to work out.
the eu cannot dump greece, each country must stop printing their money and since there's nothing to print, greece got rid of it's presses.

greece alone may not pull down the eu, but, all it has to do is pull down 1 other country, like Spain or italy, then they pull down another then another, like dominoes

They're fucked. And they deserve every bit of it. After the Grexit, the first thing that needs to happen is the left wing fucks in office need to be tarred and feathered and ridden out of town on a rail. Then the Greeks should ask the Estonians to come in and set up a new government and economic system for them. Within 5 years Greece will be a prosperous country.
The reason they are in such a situation is the imposed austerity. It's another failed conservative policy, failing in every European country that embraced it.

Fortunately, we had Barack Obama, who didn't fall for it and opted for a nation-saving stimulus.
Bullshit.
Austerity is the least of their problems. Over-generous gov't beneifts to retirees, stranging labor policies, enormous red tape to do anything. Just what Democrats want for the US.
Greece is a Democrat's wet dream.
You're a monetary moron. Austerity has prevented them from investing in the country. A massive infrastructure project would put people to work, producing taxes and commerce. And Greece needs an infrastructure upgrade desperately.
LOL!! Yeah that's the ticket. What a moron you are. I guess you're of the Biden school of Economics: We got to keep spending to avoid bankruptcy.
Guess what, it didnt work.
It's worked every time it's been done. It worked for Obama in 2009, and it worked for Bush in 2002

Wrong. The so-called "stimulus" didn't work. It's not clear that it worked for Bush either, although the later allowed people to spend more of their own money rather than have the government piss it down the sewer hole.

What happens when more people depend on government spending than the number who contribute? Well, you realize what happens when leftist politicians take you on an unsustainable course. Since you always run out of other peoples' money, the only end is that eventually you will collapse under your own weight.

Instead of making needed cuts in spending and making the necessary changes to recover, they will now have nothing.

I see no difference in the policies the Dems are embracing here. Are they wanting us to collapse or are they so ignorant that they think they can do the same thing that's been done before and have a different outcome for once?

Politics Under weight of massive welfare state Greece about to default on IMF loans Best of Cain
Greece will pull the EU down, possibly trigger a depression there, that will, more than likely come here.

since everyone saw it coming or was told it was coming, I have to assume this was the plan.

I used to laugh at people that talked about the "new world order", now, not so much

Greece won't have any long term affect on the EU if it does go under. The EU will just dump Greece, plain and simple. Greece's problems are more than just too much government spending. They have a near 27% unemployment rate, therefore they are not collecting near enough tax revenue. Raising taxes and cutting spending will likely increase the unemployment rate and reduce revenue further. They are in a tailspin and need to work out of it slowly rather than all at once. I'm not positive what the answer is for them, but drastically cutting spending and/or raising taxes further is not likely to work out.
The WSJ editorial page this morning said that Puerto Rico is America's Greece and the solution is to appoint someone with extraordinary powers to restructure the place, like Detroit did. I'd agree.

Actually, America is America's Greece. At least it will be in about 10 years.

Places controlled by Democrats-bankrupt.
Places controleld by Republican-prosperous.
See the difference?

What was the DOW on the day Bush left office?

You're dismissed.
I didnt realize Bush controlled the Dow. How's that work?
You are truly clueless.
The DOW is an economic indicator, Monetary Moron.

Right now it indicates how fast the government is printing money, and that's all it indicates.

The WSJ editorial page this morning said that Puerto Rico is America's Greece and the solution is to appoint someone with extraordinary powers to restructure the place, like Detroit did. I'd agree.

"America is America's Greece." How profound! Frank Burns, is that you?

"America is America's Greece." How profound! Frank Burns, is that you?

Another one goes right over hangover's head.

Forum List

Back