Greece, a basket case economy ,and a corrupt country.

I honestly hope you're right but from what we heard from the news here you had hard times too

there's certainly some truth to the strength-through-issuance mechanism with the dollar. our debt is deflation control, everyone else's is a legitimate crisis.

have you been out to the states? hard times in the states are only hard relative to the good times. there were times that history indicates americans were tougher and could endure tougher times than these. now immigrants from all over hold this advantage over many americans who have gone soft over the last century or so.

either way, it strengthens the average, i guess, and there are tens of millions of americans who fight instead of bitch when times are difficult.

I honestly hope you're right but from what we heard from the news here you had hard times too

The whole damned system of international capitalism is in trouble, Dion.

Our governments are so fucking corrupt now, they've created for themseves a kind of legalized corruption that insures that things won't get better for anybody but them and theirs.

Naturally, corrupt social systems don't last forever since eventually they serve so few people that the rest of us throw up our hands and say fuck it.

The only thing that keeps societies or nations going is that enough people are willing to play the game by the rules.

But once the game is so bent that the average working stiff sees he's going to get screwed at ever turn, then that society is doomed.

Because without the willing participation of enough people things just stop working.

Maybe Greece is more corript than the USA, I really don't know.

Or maybe the USA just has more fat to trim before the system fails.

But essentially, I suspect, the root problem of your society and ours probably isn't all that different.

The details might be, different, but the inherent nature of the problem isn't.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back