Greatest Treat to Humanity - Half of Japan May be Destroyed

KissMy

Free Breast Exam
Oct 10, 2009
In your head
Greatest Short-Term Threat to Humanity - Half of Japan's land mass is about to become uninhabitable & unusable. Because Japan is not able to contain the Fukushima disaster.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwO3MDfUeRo"]Fukushima disaster is still Growing Larger[/ame]

Last edited:
Evidently we have been exposed as well...

I have never been comfortable with Nuclear Power for this very reason...

We certainly have issues with fossil fuels that may be detrimental to our way of life, but to date it is the safest...

Shit happens and the crisis mentality of the left always assumes the worst. We dropped two nuclear bombs intended to cause great destruction on Japan less than 70 years ago and Hiroshima and Nagasaki seem habitable today.

Kissmy?

I certainly hope the typo in the thread title was a typo and not intentional. I have to believe it is because I have never felt you were a racist.

Please tell me you missed the 'h' in threat and you were not insinuating that the destruction of half of the nation of Japan is a treat for the rest of humanity!

treat in place of threat?

Immie

Half of Japan's land will become a wasteland just like Chernobyl.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8a3GHABedA&feature=related"]Chernobyl Revisited[/ame]

We certainly have issues with fossil fuels that may be detrimental to our way of life, but to date it is the safest...

More people were killed last year in refinery and mining accidents than have been killed by nuclear accidents in the entire history of nuclear power. Claiming that fossil fuel is safer than nuclear power is like arguing that the Earth is flat.

I doubt Fukushima will harm Americans. But it looks bad for half of Japan. Chernobyl ruined 15,000 square miles of property (thats about the size of Switzerland). 1020 square milesland of that is so bad that no trees, inscects or animals are living. Fukushima will be worse than Chernobyl.

More people were killed last year in refinery and mining accidents than have been killed by nuclear accidents in the entire history of nuclear power. Claiming that fossil fuel is safer than nuclear power is like arguing that the Earth is flat.

I would usually agree with you on this QW, yet 25 years later no one seems to want to live in Chernobyl and I would not want to live close to TMI even though other reactors are operating, something about human error and a material we have very limited control over...

I like the "Flat Earth" retort, very good...but you want to ignore the fact that these areas are destroyed beyond many, many life times...

That would be like putting your head in the sand...

I doubt Fukushima will harm Americans. But it looks bad for half of Japan. Chernobyl ruined 15,000 square miles of property (thats about the size of Switzerland). 1020 square milesland of that is so bad that no trees, inscects or animals are living. Fukushima will be worse than Chernobyl.

It actually doesn't, it looks like they will be able to deal with it successfully.

I would usually agree with you on this QW, yet 25 years later no one seems to want to live in Chernobyl and I would not want to live close to TMI even though other reactors are operating, something about human error and a material we have very limited control over...

I like the "Flat Earth" retort, very good...but you want to ignore the fact that these areas are destroyed beyond many, many life times...

No one has a choice about living near Chernobyl, it is an exclusion zone. They do allow people to go into the area for short periods, without wearing radiation suits, and the flora is thriving. The Earth is more resilient than most people give it credit for.

Three Mile Island is perfectly safe, I would have no problem living there.

I am not denying there are dangers involved with nuclear power, I used to live next to one. The Navy has been operating them for years, and there has never been a single death related to the operation of nuclear reactors on a submarine, any of the carriers, or the four nuclear cruisers. Sailors routinely sleep closer to those power plants than people are allowed to work to nuclear power plants in the US.

No one has a choice about living near Chernobyl, it is an exclusion zone. They do allow people to go into the area for short periods, without wearing radiation suits, and the flora is thriving. The Earth is more resilient than most people give it credit for.

I am not denying there are dangers involved with nuclear power, I used to live next to one. The Navy has been operating them for years, and there has never been a single death related to the operation of nuclear reactors on a submarine, any of the carriers, or the four nuclear cruisers. Sailors routinely sleep closer to those power plants than people are allowed to work to nuclear power plants in the US.

The impact of a Nuclear reactors meltdown is to large of a risk IMO, especially compared to a refinery or mining accident...

We have different opinions when it comes to Nuclear Power...

The impact of a Nuclear reactors meltdown is to large of a risk IMO, especially compared to a refinery or mining accident...

We have different opinions when it comes to Nuclear Power...

Yeah, it isn't like a cola mine fire will keep burning for years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia,_Pennsylvania#Mine_fire

Forum List

Back